***Logan***

31,166 Views | 238 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AMW2010
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

TCTTS said:

What if the (physical) X-Men comic book bit in the trailer is serving a greater narrative purpose in that it's signifying that THIS movie is the one taking place in the real/true version of that world, and that the movies prior were all somewhat elaborate, "comic book" versions of the real events.
Not that I'd give Fox the credit for any foresight regarding it (because I don't think they've thought it out like that), but it would not only be good for the franchise since they could keep it in the "real world" at that point and not go back to the "comic book" versions we have had in the past but it would also give us the more gritty version that Logan seems to be bringing to the table.

It would also be a huge "oh **** that changes everything" moment for a lot of casual viewers.
so, not only did the original movies not happen (b/c of DOFP), but none of it happened at all b/c it was all a comic book?

lol, that would be hilarious, and just a screwed up as the current shoe-horned timeline
TCTTS
AG
Under this proposed scenario, no one ever said "none of it happened at all." Only that certain events would have been EXAGGERATED, and that maybe only some of the most outlandish things didn't happen, or happened a different way. All it takes is reading the actual words we wrote to understand/infer that.
AMW2010
AG
So this is where deadpool and cable make a cameo? Time travel?
Log
AG
"We got ourselves an X-Men fan.

Maybe a quarter of it happened. And not like this."
Icecream_Ag
S
Quote:

- But according to Jackman, "Logan exists outside the X-Men universe and the aforementioned timeline. 'When you see the full movie you'll understand. Not only is it different in terms of timeline and tone, it's a slightly different universe. It's actually a different paradigm and that will become clear.'" This, on the heals of director James Mangold essentially claiming that Logan DOES take place in the X-Men universe, and after DOFP.
probably needs to be confirmed, but I thought that Logan was based on Old Man Logan. So merging all of the universes gets confusing.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm so confused...
Sex Panther
AG
Wonder if the show Legion will have any influence... since you're talking about something wiping out all mutants. Don't think they would have a cable show be required viewing for this, but you never know with these connected universes.
TCTTS
AG
They announced last week that Legion will be its own thing, and not at all part of the movie universe. It'll be part of an X-Men universe, just not the universe we've been watching for the past 17 years. So between that and Logan being in yet another universe, it's all starting to get super convoluted. Then again, I guess Legion and Logan could technically share the same universe, but it sounds like Legion is 100% its own thing, as Noah Hawley (the creator/ showrunner) didn't want to be constrained by any other material. Either way, it's so hilarious how all this new X-Men stuff is bending over backwards not to be connected to what came before. Even the filmmakers within Fox now don't want to associated with the Singer-verse.
jabberwalkie09
AG
We need a new flow chart.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

They announced last week that Legion will be its own thing, and not at all part of the movie universe. It'll be part of an X-Men universe, just not the universe we've been watching for the past 17 years. So between that and Logan being in yet another universe, it's all starting to get super convoluted. Then again, I guess Legion and Logan could technically share the same universe, but it sounds like Legion is 100% its own thing, as Noah Hawley (the creator/ showrunner) didn't want to be constrained by any other material. Either way, it's so hilarious how all this new X-Men stuff is bending over backwards not to be connected to what came before. Even the filmmakers within Fox now don't want to associated with the Singer-verse.

Aggie_Journalist
AG
Shame they ruined the universe that was created with First Class. That one had a lot of potential.
COOL LASER FALCON

How could this possibly be confusing to anyone?
TCTTS
hunter2012
AG
COOL LASER FALCON said:

I thought The Wolverine was firmly between x3 and DoFP? He's grieving Jean and at the end he meets the resurrected professor X...
AliasMan02
AG
You are correct.
COOL LASER FALCON
I made that up in like 2 minutes. Sorry. Did not double check myself.
hunter2012
AG
COOL LASER FALCON said:

I made that up in like 2 minutes. Sorry. Did not double check myself.

I thought you found it on the web, I wasn't attacking you per se. The rest looks accurate to me though for Deadpool might as well be connected to all the other movies.
redline248
AG
Quote:

Bravo
jabberwalkie09
AG
COOL LASER FALCON said:

TCTTS
AG
ANOTHER new show that IS connected to the existing universe. This is getting so ridiculous...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/matt-nixs-x-men-drama-fox-pilot-order-968207

FOX. This is the perfect time - where Logan could act as the final installment - to just START OVER. It's been 17 YEARS. Seriously, just take like two years off, develop a reboot plan across both film and television, and then literally recast the entire X-Men universe from scratch. Ideally, you should take more time between reboots, and normally I wouldn't be for this, but I promise, we won't complain. It's just that this is getting so insanely stupid. You have FOUR Avatar movies coming out. Financially, you'll be fine, and a rebooted X-Men universe will yield more money in the long run, I promise.
AliasMan02
AG
Fox is almost as frustrating as WB/DC.
wangus12
AG
I feel like Fox & WB are absolutely convinced that the superhero market is going to dry up do to over-saturation and they are trying to get their's before it does
AliasMan02
AG
Also, I'm putting my cards on the table and calling their bluff. This show will never get picked up.
MooreTrucker
AG
wangus12 said:

I feel like Fox & WB are absolutely convinced that the superhero market is going to dry up do to over-saturation and they are trying to get their's before it does
Thereby CREATING the over-saturation they so fear.
double aught
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Fox is almost as frustrating as WB/DC.
It does seem that Fox doesn't have an overall plan at times. But having the timelines and universe line up doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother most of you. The bottom line is that the majority of the X-Men movies have been quite good and a lot of fun. Logan looks like it will follow that trend.
TCTTS
AG
hurleyag
AG
Think they'll go into why the girl doesn't have bone claws?
Eugene4x
AG
Rated R
wangus12
AG
Yes
Dread Pirate Roberts
This looks awesome.

I never thought Jackman looked like Mel Gibson before this trailer.

(Sorry if its redundant - I haven't gone through all the pages in this thread.)
redline248
AG
Ok, I have to admit that I have lingering confusion from The Wolverine and Days of Future Past. Did Logan lose his ability to regenerate? I feel like the answer is yes, but I honestly don't know wtf happened to give him his claws back after the Wolverine.
Dro07
AG
Singer never gave us an answer all he said that it was possible that Magneto could have put the adamantium back in place. One thing to note is that the "Logan" movie is set in a unexplored universe.
Dro07
AG
back in my younger nerd days I thought Gibson would have made a perfect wolvie especially during his Lethal Weapons years.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

Ok, I have to admit that I have lingering confusion from The Wolverine and Days of Future Past. Did Logan lose his ability to regenerate? I feel like the answer is yes, but I honestly don't know wtf happened to give him his claws back after the Wolverine.
We don't know the backstory, but it seems that something has wiped out or seriously hampered mutant abilities. I suspect that the kid is a sort of new dawn of a mutantkind.
TCTTS
AG
After doing some quick research, because I was curious myself in prep for the new movie...

- 1981: Logan first gets his adamantium claws in X-Men Origins: Wolverine

- 2005: Events of X-Men

- 2006: Events of X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand

- 2013: Events of The Wolverine, in which Logan loses his adamantium claws, regrows original bone claws

- 2015: The Wolverine post-credit scene, in which Charles and Erik approach Logan, seeking his help

- Here is where it gets a bit murky, but Bryan Singer is on record as saying that Magneto himself likely restored Logan's adamantium claws during the period of time after The Wolverine and before the "future" segments of Days of Future Past.

- 2023: The "future"/non-1973 events of X-Men: Days of Future Past, in which Logan has his adamantium claws back

- 2029: Events of Logan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.