Planet Earth II

15,307 Views | 89 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SeattleAgJr
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oragator said:

Quote:

I just watched the premiere and was going to post the same thing. That scene is amazing.

Overall the first episode was excellent, but nowhere near as groundbreaking as the original, other nature documentaries have caught up a lot. Still totally worth the time though.

The whole season is that way.

It is beautiful to watch, but feels like such a letdown compared to how original the first series was.

For some reason, if THIS had been in 3d and 4K it would have been more amazing to me.
oragator
SeattleAgJr said:

oragator said:

Quote:

I just watched the premiere and was going to post the same thing. That scene is amazing.

Overall the first episode was excellent, but nowhere near as groundbreaking as the original, other nature documentaries have caught up a lot. Still totally worth the time though.

The whole season is that way.

It is beautiful to watch, but feels like such a letdown compared to how original the first series was.

For some reason, if THIS had been in 3d and 4K it would have been more amazing to me.
I get that, I was watching on a 46 inch in my bedroom, but it was clear the visuals were a major part so I went downstairs to watch on the larger newer HD set. Right call too, some of the visuals are stunning.
Buck O Five
AG
How long until we get 360 degree VR immersion for nature shots?
3 William 56
AG
Buck O Five said:

LHow long until we get 360 degree VR immersion for nature shots?
Bulldog73
AG
Ice T hosting? Nah, the real hero is Snoop.
Serious Lee
do any of you all have DISH? Read somehwere else that they have a channel broadcasting it in 4K UHD
KidDoc
AG
I was reading this thead last night and did a search for Dish and sure enough channel 504 is 4k and the only thing it has so far is earth 2! It should have dvr episode 2 last night I should have time to watch it later on my 60" OLED.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pahdz
DirecTV is replaying episodes on one of the 4K channels during the week, but not live when the new episodes are on.
KidDoc
AG
The islands episode was DVR'd off sundance for some reason as HD, still great though! Episode 2 was on the 4k Dish channel and it is amazing!

Maybe the series gets less breathtaking as it goes through the season but man it is pretty amazing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CorpsAg11
AG
Apparently the snow leopard "rape" scene (even though they didn't show any actual rape) was controversial.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/planet-earth-ii-was-footage-of-snow-leopard-rape-really-that-controversial-20170301-guo6n4.html

Sometimes i think people imagine nature as the scene in Snow White where she sings to the animals. All living in harmony, not killing each other or mating with each other.

In reality, nature is a cruel *****. Deal with it.
The Collective
AG
The worst things a human can do to another human is just daily life in the natural world. People are so damn dumb if they find that crap offensive.
Buck O Five
AG
This is one of the few shows I can watch over and over again. Even on repeat viewings your jaw drops and you ask, "how the hell did they get that shot?!"

I also happened to have my 10 month old niece trying to toddle around the house while watching the scene of the 3 hour old deer running away from a fox along a vertical cliff face. Nature is amazing.
schmendeler
AG
The lion/giraffe chase scene was incredible.
Aggies76
AG
Yes it was. And so many of the predator/prey chase scenes show the prey getting away. I'm starting to root for the predators now, except for that marine iguana. I was willing him to run faster.
Flashdiaz
AG
Aggies76 said:

Yes it was. And so many of the predator/prey chase scenes show the prey getting away. I'm starting to root for the predators now, except for that marine iguana. I was willing him to run faster.
I was thinking the exact thing...

how are the lions surviving if all their prey is getting away lol.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This is FINALLY on Netflix.
Duncan Idaho
You guys are just now getting into this show?

My wife and I watched the orginal series "Pangaea". I like the newer version, thr cast a lot more diverse and less reliant on a few maga stars.
/Redstone
Bruce Almighty
AG
I can't wait for Blue Planet II next month.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
This is some of the most stressful television I've ever watched. Holy hell.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

This is FINALLY on Netflix.

Oh hell yes.
SeattleAgJr
Bruce Almighty said:

I can't wait for Blue Planet II next month.

It was not that good. Not many money shots, and the final episode is all sorts of preachy.

Still beautiful, but was about 4 hours too long.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.