John Wick: Chapter 2

21,702 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Buck O Five
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone know what that metal plate was that he took out of that guy's jacket in the opening chase in Times Square?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Btw, weekend projections are now at $29M+. (100% increase from the first one.) And Lego Batman currently beating out 50 Shades for #1.

I'm happy with this one doing well and 50 Shades not getting #1. JW2 will have a better second weekend than 50 Shades, guaranteed.
titanmaster_race
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone know what that metal plate was that he took out of that guy's jacket in the opening chase in Times Square?

It was a key card that got him access to the warehouse.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I watched the first one last night and it's awesome. I am going to try and catch #2 in the theatres tomorrow.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Watching tomorrow night. CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Btw, weekend projections are now at $29M+. (100% increase from the first one.) And Lego Batman currently beating out 50 Shades for #1.

I'm happy with this one doing well and 50 Shades not getting #1. JW2 will have a better second weekend than 50 Shades, guaranteed.
Without a doubt. Shades is so ridiculously front-loaded, it's crazy. I bet it drops 65-70% from this weekend.
G Martin 87
AG
Just got back from a matinee showing. It was exactly what I expected and wanted from a second JW movie.
chipotle
I demand a John wick prequel.
schmendeler
AG
I thought it was great. This is good, no thinking action that doesn't go full ****** like fast and furious.
UnderoosAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

tv1113 said:

Jon Snow still knows nothing
maybe so but I know this - it isn't "free" on Netflix or Amazon Prime and I've never seen it on cable channels either....so I guess I won't see it because I'm not paying for it with the middling endorsements on here.

Oh well.

If only a cable movie channel, who is notorious for replying the same movies over and over again, realized JW2 was coming out and, well, you know, started running the original over and over. Gosh, that would be swell.

HeadGames
AG
They have been showing it on USA. Saw it Tuesday night after WWE was over . I strong suggest you see it, its so good.
BassCowboy33
Woah.
zip90
AG
The plate was an entry card to the Russian chop shop where his car was
FancyKetchup14
AG
saw it tonight and really enjoyed it. I wonder what that glock budget was like?
cr0wbar
AG
Man- that was fun.
[sp]
  • [Really enjoyed the only cop presence, Jimmy, with his standard "You working again, John?"
  • The intro with Peter Stormare was pretty damn funny. Him recounting the pencil joke...
  • Just overall badass, will definitely need to see again
[/sp]

you know what, eff spoiler tags
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OK ZJS finally knows something....about John Wick.

Yep I saw it finally.

You know I'm not gonna just dump on it....it was certainly "good" in a good ride kind of way. Certainly a fun escape kind of thing.

Certainly not much character development beyond his wife dies and they killed ...well you know.....no spoilers.

Incredibly they only spent $20 million on making it - thats a lot of Bang for your Buck - literally.

Given other mktg/dist costs and making a total of $86 million worldwide it barely netted a small profit. Whats incredible is that it somehow still was enough to convince a studio to do a sequel. And spend more on it likely. Wow.

Kind if like the F&F franchise in a way minus the cars...it's not about the story or the character development. It's just what it is - no excuses.

Seriously though...I have no need to see part 2 in the theaters either....I'll wait. Like the F&F franchise I doubt I'll ever go to any of the remaining ones - if I see it on cable someday, well ok. Thats about it.

Good. Not great. Watchable with a few cool violent scenes.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$30M opening. And with the really solid reviews (91% on RT) and weak competition next week, I bet it has a very small dropoff next weekend. Like I said earlier, I think it outgrosses 50 Shades in weekend #2.

The first one did $48M total. This one could have a legit shot at breaking $100M.
Sex Panther
AG
Just saw it...

Sex Panther
AG
Seriously, that was so ****ing awesome.

The catacombs and the mirror/art exhibit. Just gorgeous... What a ****ing amazing action movie.

Also I love Keanu.
FancyKetchup14
AG
yup. I didn't think anything could top the spa scene in the first one (I loved the music they had during that), but that mirror art exhibit scene was f***ing awesome
mslags97
AG
chipotle said:

PLEASE!!!!!
Murder Hornet
AG
When he was getting outfitted in Rome, it was like Harry Potter getting his wand and wizard stuff. They did a great job of fleshing out the assassin culture and "rules" this time out
The Debt
chipotle said:

What will they call it?

John Wick: The Impossible Task

Or

John Wick: Baba Yaga
chipotle
John wick: over a woman...of course
John wick: pvssy control
John wick: body foundation
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Keanu sounds really excited to keep the franchise going. I'm sure it's damn near guaranteed now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FancyKetchup14 said:

yup. I didn't think anything could top the spa scene in the first one (I loved the music they had during that), but that mirror art exhibit scene was f***ing awesome
Something about nightclub shootout scenes. John Wick's might be the best, up there with Collateral.
cr0wbar
AG
John Wick went Godlike in this one:

http://www.slashfilm.com/john-wick-2-kill-count/

65532ag
Awesome movie and definitely kept up with the standard the first one set.

I want all those guns he used.
titanmaster_race
John Wick: A ****in Pencil
John Wick: Oh.
titanmaster_race
I knew my count of 111 was a little low. Damn!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Has anyone commented on the kill when John pins the guy down with his gun, reloads, and kills him?

Bad. Ass.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I look forward to the John Wick play of the game memes to come.
Murder Hornet
AG
Third one should be called John Wick Excomunicado
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's [sp]

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.