John Wick: Chapter 2

21,670 Views | 156 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Buck O Five
maxag42
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I just saw it today.

There are only a few action movies growing up that I define as truly bad ass hardcore to the point where you get goosebumps at what comes next.

Aliens
Rambo
Die hard
Terminator 2: judgement day
The matrix

John Wick 2 just joined the list. Every scene was awesome. The catacombs scene was just pure adrenaline and cinematic for action movie junkies.
YouBet
AG
ATM1876 said:

Saw it this afternoon, that was ridiculously awesome!

This really is the perfect type of role for Keanu, he trained like crazy for this movie and it definitely paid off. I may not have always enjoyed some of his other work, but he's always seemed like a really good dude. How many other actors would give away millions of dollars to the crew members like he did with The Matrix sequels? He's also got a pretty sweet custom motorcycle company:

https://www.archmotorcycle.com
Those are kickass! Makes me want to learn how to ride one.
COOL LASER FALCON
I liked it, but the action didn't quite pop for me like it did on the first one. The action in this one felt less creative to me.

Still awesome world building though.
snowdog90
Saw this. Good flick, not as good as the first. Keanu is so good at choreographed fight scenes, it really is amazing. And, sadly, he's just such a terrible actor. It's funny when he's in scenes with nobody's and those guys are more talented/believable than the main cbaracter. Even Common was better in their non-action scenes together.

I say the above while still enjoying his movies. JW and Matrix were really good and JW2 was okay, just too much acting for Keanu. Imo, he should have much better direction. He's supposed to be the Babayega, the Bogeyman. He should have about 75% less dialogue, ala Mel Gibson's Road Warrior character. He shouldn't need to speak much at all, and that would also make his character even more menacing.
G Martin 87
AG
He's become one of my favorite actors just because he works so hard on every film and is such a generous and good guy to work with. I'll cut him a lot of slack for not being Hopkins or Olivier.
Sex Panther
AG
I've said it before and I'll say it a million more times, I ****ing love Keanu...

I'm fully aware that he isn't winning any awards anytime soon, and I've seen plenty of his painful deliveries of lines... but something about the guy is just awesome. Plus like G Martin said, he has such a great reputation as a hard worker and good guy. I'm just a big fan. I'm glad he's having the Keanussance with John Wick.

He's had some of the greatest characters in some truly iconic films:

Neo - The Matrix
Ted "Theodore" Logan - Bill & Ted
Hot Shot - Speed

And of course the "John" Holy Trinity:

John Wick
Johnny Utah
Johnny Mnemonic

Keanu deserves a lifetime achievement award. What a badass.

Icecream_Ag
S
No love for John Constantine?
Sex Panther
AG
Icecream_Ag said:

No love for John Constantine?

Madmarttigan
AG
Just watched the first one again and I think overall it has a little more emotion and a better story and like it better. Just gives you the great satisfaction of a good revenge flick. The gun fights are just amazing in both of them though.
Sex Panther
AG
The D
AG
Just watched it. This movie is ****ing awesome
Bunk Moreland
Finally got around to seeing this, and instead of my usual make 100 words turn into 1000, this gif explains exactly what I think about John Wick pt2:

GiveEmHellBill
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-wick-chapter-three-gets-release-date-1039305

F*** yeah. May 17, 2019.

Summer 2019 just got more interesting.
Sex Panther
AG
Max Power
AG
Second is still fun, not as good as the first. Two things drive me crazy in 2. He sneaks in through the catacombs to make the kill, but leaves by going through the party? No way John Wick breaks the rules of The Continental, he knows better, that was weak.
jr15aggie
AG
Oh heck yes. I was hoping it made enough to get a 3rd (and presumably final) movie!

I got Chapter 2 months ago, but I got the 4K combo version so I'm waiting until November (xbox one x launch) to watch it in full HD glory!
Murder Hornet
AG
I liked the second one a bit better than the first because of the world building they did. They had the continental kill to establish the plot for the third one.

I thought he did escape through the catacombs in what was a bad ass firefight
Buck O Five
AG
Dog Wick has restored my faith in humanity.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.