***Agents of SHIELD Season 4***

48,660 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Line Ate Member
Beat40
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Certainly possible. Which do you think it is if that were to happen?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
I really hope that neither Fitz nor Simmons get killed, but I could see it being Fitz considering how much of the story has focused around him recently.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Gut says Simmons to torture Fitz.
Beat40
Or, I'm wondering if they've been focusing on Fitz so much because it's going to have to be him to either take Radcliffe out or be the one to lock him up.
redline248
AG
HOW DID THEY GET THEM?
israeliag
AG
Fitz (or more accurately his actor) has really stepped up as the top actor on the show, IMO. I wonder how much of the added attention to him is just being able to use his skill more, or even that he has more gravity in his acting and it just feels that way. Also wondering if they are setting up the next plot line with him (considering the hints at his father and deeper mysterious back story).

I don't get the feeling one of FitzSimmons is going to bite it, but that may just me really hoping that Leo gets a deeper story line, and that Jemma is so damn pretty on the eyes. There was a moment in one of the last episodes I saw a glimpse of him turning into a villain - it had to do with a conversation he and Mack had that he later reflected on. If they pull that off I can see him becoming one of the better Marvel villians.
SeattleAgJr
I would put money down someone bites it.

it is rumored this is the final season, and Joss Whedon LOVES to kill off at least one character per show.....

Buffy, Her mom, Fred, Walsh (or Wash), etc. Hell he killed of Coulson as well.
jabberwalkie09
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

it is rumored this is the final season, and Joss Whedon LOVES to kill off at least one character per show.....
Joss isn't the showrunner, and hasn't been pretty much since the pilot episode. His brother Jed, Maurissa Tancheron, and Jeffrey Bell are the showrunners. So Joss' history with his shows is pretty much irrelevant.
israeliag
AG
Can we also mention how great Coulsen's reaction to the Russian was? Pretty cool to see a protagonist react to a villain in a very typical villain-to-protagonist trope (see: Guardians' exchange between Ronan and Drax).
redline248
AG
omfg
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

omfg

Yep.
redline248
AG
I knew right away who it was instead of Lincoln.

Man, I have so many thoughts/questions
jabberwalkie09
AG
Most pressing question:

Will Simmons die with the framework? Because that headstone gives me the impression that herself in the framework is dead.....
redline248
AG
I fcking hope not. The episode did say "written and directed by Joss Weedon," I'm pretty sure.

Edit: just checked, imdb says Jed. I swear I saw Joss during the episode, though.

Was Radcliffe building the framework for hydra the whole time? I wish the show could just move on from them.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Spoiler obviously.

Beat40
Wowowow. Holy smokes! Those last two episodes made up for the LMD arc for sure.

The third arc looks pretty darn incredible. A Matrix type of feel.

Jemma is a Bad ma'ama jama!
Beat40
While i kind of wish they would get away from the antagonist organization, this development will make for some fun!
TajMaballer
AG
That was a great episode of television! The heartfelt conversations between Fitz and Simmons, Simmons and Daisy, and Coulson and May, were all top notch. Suck we have to wait 6 weeks.
Beat40
It's been so cool to see Fitz and Simmons grow as actors. That scene with them together was awesome.

I legit thought Simmons was the LMD. Of course it would be Fitz though. As has been discussed before, they certainly are setting this thing up to gave an interesting finish for those two. Either one bites the dust or they are engaged/married.
Sentinel
AG
That was some high quality television. Loved it!
MooreTrucker
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Really the LMD arc finished with the episode before this one. They've transitioned more to the Darkhold with Radcliffe and the whole Inhumans must die thing.
Or not.......
redline248
AG
Really quick thought...there's no chance the Darkhold is an infinity stone, right?

Just thinking how they are going to end up dealing with that...since it's from another world/dimension/whatever
jabberwalkie09
AG
MooreTrucker said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Really the LMD arc finished with the episode before this one. They've transitioned more to the Darkhold with Radcliffe and the whole Inhumans must die thing.
Or not.......
At the time, it did appear they had transitioned away from the LMD arc once notMay was revealed. However, this episode flipped it back to where things are interesting again.
texasaggie04
AG
I'm still an episode behind but would somebody explain the explosion in the senator office part? I seem to recall from previous seasons that the Terrigen would turn normal humans into statues who then crumble away (like Trip did). But here, the senator just stood there before bad guy went through terrigenesis.

Did I miss something here?
FightinTexasAg15
AG
HOLY BALLS. Just watched the episode. That was so good. Shield is at its peak right now
Arkyd
AG
I believe the reason the terrigenesis process killed humans in earlier seasons had to do with the obilesk casing, not the terrigen itself. Then when Daisy's mom grew more, that stuff was still tainted with elements from the casing, so that version killed humans too. But then when it got released/dissolved in the ocean at the end of that season, it sort of separated from the obilesk chemicals or whatever you want to call it. Therefore, the stuff in newer seasons is pure terrigen without the human-deadly obilesk element, so it will turn inhumans but do nothing to humans.
texasaggie04
AG
"This is why I don't have Facebook"
MooreTrucker
AG
texasaggie04 said:

I'm still an episode behind but would somebody explain the explosion in the senator office part? I seem to recall from previous seasons that the Terrigen would turn normal humans into statues who then crumble away (like Trip did). But here, the senator just stood there before bad guy went through terrigenesis.

The part that bothered me was he went into the husk and then almost immediately became the bomb, unlike her brother and others that were encased for days or longer.
Beat40
So, kinda bummed that Hydra is back in the fold, but hey, whatever brings evil Ward back.

How much jumping between real world and the framework soyiu think we'll see. Kind of getting a matrix vibe.
redline248
AG
Daisy was only in the husk a few minutes, maybe an hour.

RIP, Trip.
jabberwalkie09
AG
MooreTrucker said:

texasaggie04 said:

The part that bothered me was he went into the husk and then almost immediately became the bomb, unlike her brother and others that were encased for days or longer.

It's no different from when Daisy went through the process. She went into the chrysalis stage, emerged not long after, then her powers almost immediately activated. The senator's brother was more likely an anomaly than the norm.
israeliag
AG
Just watched the last episode. That might have been their finest work yet. Everything was at its best- acting, writing, tone, directing, cinematography. Very well done - need more Jed Whedon episodes
Beat40
Agreed!

Hard to wait 6 weeks after an episode like that!
israeliag
AG
Slept on it a bit, and read an interview with Jed following the episode. While not at all taking away from yesterday's episode I have pretty low expectations for the Matrix Framework story-arc. Hopefully it wraps up by or before the end of this season, and yes it will be nice to see a what-if, but it's also a bit of a distraction from the "real" world.

AliasMan02
AG
Just binged to catch up the last 8 or 9 episodes. I kinda thought the LMD storyline had too many notes from the Hive arc, but I love the "what if" it sets up. Should be a fun arc that will allow them to do almost anything and tell some interesting stories without having to worry too much about consequences. Give some freedom to the creative team. I thought working in the Triskelion was a nice touch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.