Atlanta on FX

18,368 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AquaCasaAg
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The price was not on the can
cone
AG
Ol_Ag_02
AG
This show is such a WTF did I just watch.
R0GUE
AG
I didn't know they celebrated Juneteenth anywhere else but Texas...
cone
AG
CDub06
AG
How did I miss this thread? Atlanta is my favorite show on TV right now. Glover is brilliant - love everything that dude does (except when he collabs with Jadan Smith)
nickstro66
AG
Season finale tomorrow
20ag07
This has been the best surprise of 2016, and HBO and Netflix have to be kicking themselves for letting FX have it.

The random, never know what you're going to get one any given week structure is great. Glover took the only good thing Girls had going for it, and replacing the insufferable Lena Dunham with him makes this 10x better.
ac04
finally caught up today. my favorite comedy on TV right now.
Jim01
AG
Quality season finale. Not that many laugh out loud moments, but a nice end. Looking forward to season 2.
Malcolm52
AG
Just binged season 1. Such an unique type of comedy. Felt totally real and completely ludicrous at the same time.

Loved the awkwardness and tension of the Van and her socialite friend dinner scene. Ern, Darius, and Paperboi make a hilarious trio.

Coming back for another season?
Sex Panther
AG
Just finally watched this amazing show so naturally came here to read up...

Wow did this thread get weird
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I was trying to think what was so weird about it, went back and looked and immediately thought, "Oh yeah... THAT." Had totally forgot.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, though. Definitely one of the best of the year for me.
TajMaballer
AG
Every time I see a can or a bag that has the price on it, I have to audibly say "The price is on the can tho"

Also, Donald Glover won a Critics Choice Award, but more importantly, he was rocking a sweet Lando stache!
Squirrel Master
AG
I saw the dude who plays Darius say on Twitter that the show would be back next fall after Glover finishes with Star Wars. Not sure if that meant on the air next fall or in production next fall with a later airing date than this year.

Not that questioned if the show would be back, but nice to get confirmation. I can see this show running for only a few years then calling it quits. I don't see Glover as the type to ride a show like this too long and run it into the ground.
Sex Panther
AG
Squirrel Master said:

Not that questioned if the show would be back, but nice to get confirmation. I can see this show running for only a few years then calling it quits. I don't see Glover as the type to ride a show like this too long and run it into the ground.

6 seasons and a movie
AliasMan02
AG
It got picked up for season two for sure. He's been trying to get this show made for a while. I bet we get three seasons out of it at least.
jbanda
AG
TCTTS
AG
Knowing that, I'd be shocked if it premiers in 2017. Early 2018 is more likely, but you never know. I don't know how FX shoots their shows. If it's more like a network, where they're shooting and filming at the same time, fall 2017 is definitely on the table. But if it's like HBO, where they shoot the whole season before it airs, it'll definitely be 2018.
Sex Panther
AG
This show is the most unique thing I've seen in quite some time. So many head scratching wtf moments, but always in a good way.

I agree with 20ag07 in that it was all the good things about Girls without all the insufferable crap that comes along with Lena Dunham.

Also, the invisible car was the most amazing, hilarious thing I've seen in a while.
Sex Panther
AG
Between this and his new album, Glover has two of the best offerings of 2016. Both big departures from what you're used to with him... Both different, but great.
israeliag
AG
Sex Panther said:

Between this and his new album, Glover has two of the best offerings of 2016. Both big departures from what you're used to with him... Both different, but great.

I can't imagine what would happen to SP if Glover and Pratt collaborate.
TajMaballer
AG
Sex Panther said:

I agree with 20ag07 in that it was all the good things about Girls without all the insufferable crap that comes along with Lena Dunham.
I would also add that I care about all the main characters in Atlanta and want them to succeed. In Girls, I stopped watching in the middle of season 4 because I hated the 4 main girls.
Sex Panther
AG
Objective Aggie
AG
So watched two episodes and then FX Now pulled the plug on online viewing.

Any suggestions on how to watch?
AliasMan02
AG
Objective Aggie said:

Serious? Do they want you to pay for an app or something now?
Objective Aggie
AG
Not even an option. No episodes to view for Atlanta. Others shows, yes. Atlanta, no.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Objective Aggie said:

Yeah I thought this was weird too. I went back to binge through Atlanta again after having watched them through my usual cable service just weeks ago, but neither XFINITY OD nor FX.com had them as had been the case before. So I went and got torrents from piratebay.cr +utorrent, which I feel was fine considering I'm a paying customer as well.
Malcolm52
AG
Can't watch on PS Vue via Roku either anymore
nickstro66
AG
Just won best comedy series at the Golden Globes!!
phatbc
So so well done
Sex Panther
AG
Awesome for Glover
nickstro66
AG
Donald Glover wins for best actor in a comedy series!!
Sex Panther
AG
Killing it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lando

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.