Atlanta on FX

18,358 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AquaCasaAg
ac04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr. White doesn't like a show created by a young black guy giving his perspective. i'm shocked
TCTTS
AG
Someone named Mr. White giving the most tired/cliched Entitled White Guy rant almost has to be trolling.
Mr. White
You're a bit dense, aren't you?

"Mr. White" is a character from a movie called Reservoir Dogs. I thought a hot-shot screenwriter might know this. DO you know what you're doing out there or are you angry you don't and that's why you spend half your waking life talking down to people on a message board and giving reports on Z-Listers you see at parties.

Edit: possible personal attack
Mr. White

Mr. White
ac04 said:

Mr. White doesn't like a show created by a young black guy giving his perspective. i'm shocked

I love the show.

I said it was great.
Mr. White
ruddyduck said:

i can't tell if this guy is doing a bit or not.

Point out where I'm wrong.
Trident 88
AG
The show mocks almost all of its characters regardless of their race, and most of the characters are black because that is a realistic setting. Most neighborhoods are primarily one race.

Sorry, but if you aren't a troll, then you're just another idiot who can't see past his own skin color.
TCTTS
AG
I think my favorite part of your post is your edit to basically clarify for us all how much of an assh*le you are.
Mr. White
Edit: never mind. I'm not going to have an internet fight with a *giggle* wannabe screenwriter
Mr. White
Trident 88 said:

The show mocks almost all of its characters regardless of their race, and most of the characters are black because that is a realistic setting. Most neighborhoods are primarily one race.

Sorry, but if you aren't a troll, then you're just another idiot who can't see past his own skin color.

I'm so enlightened now. Thanks.
Professor Frick
AG
You seem much more like a Mr. Pink.
TCTTS
AG
Just keep digging that hole, man.
TCTTS said:

Is that a threat or what? Fight fight!
Mr. White
TCTTS said:

Lol, nevermind
Professor Frick
AG
I wonder if what you perceive as contempt is instead intended to just be a sensationalized caricaturization of real people or situations that glover et al. have experienced...

you know, the same way every character in the show seems to be?
Btron
AG
To me all these characters are great, their race has not impacted that character or my liking of that character. This show has done a great job of creating very entertaining and original folks.
Professor Frick
AG
Btron said:

To me all these characters are great, their race has not impacted that character or my liking of that character. This show has done a great job of creating very entertaining and original folks.

Exactly. perceiving some kind of overt bias against white people in this show is verging into some bizarro sjw tumblr territory
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Clear from Watchlist.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Btron said:

Agreed. This show is fantastic and I've never once thought it was some attack against white people. I think they point out a lot of stupid sh*t that people of all stripes and types do which I'm perfectly fine with cause it's funny as hell.

But really...how can someone be surprised that a show called Atlanta, which is based on hip/hop culture within the city, is dominated by black cast members and talks about social issues?
Hudson2508
AG
How on earth did a thread about such a great show devolve into this? Staff needs to clean this thread up and ban Mr White.

Back to show talk.....excellent first season.
gumby579
AG
Nigerians man...
TCTTS
AG
Another amazing episode. That club promoter disappearing behind that wall and of course the invisible car gag both had me rolling. I've just never seen anything like this.
TajMaballer
AG
I don't know how many times I've been in a club and said "I hate shots" and proceed to take a shot. This show is too good!
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
TCTTS said:

Another amazing episode. That club promoter disappearing behind that wall and of course the invisible car gag both had me rolling. I've just never seen anything like this.

The invisible car was amazing.
boogieman
AG
TCTTS said:

Those were great.

I had a good laugh at the promoter being slapped with the stack of money as well.
jbanda
AG
Darius is still one of my favorite characters on TV

"I get like 20% of my drinks for free"
gumby579
AG
"Damn...that man is gonna be a star.....CALL THE DAMN POLICE"
Btron
AG
jbanda said:

Darius is still one of my favorite characters on TV

"I get like 20% of my drinks for free"

Darius creepy look was the funniest part for me. Great commentary on clubs and who go there.
Professor Frick
AG
I havent laughed that hard in a long time, when that invisible car plowed through everybody
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
just realized darius played snoop in straight outta compton.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I'm back. Couldn't stay away that was fantastic. Has the trash gone?
Connd
"You know sweaty ass tony". Best quote of the episode.
Duncan Idaho
This episode was nothing but mocking black stereotypes. Its racism barely makes up for its brilliance /Mr black

FancyKetchup14
AG
I had to rewatch the B.A.N episode again today, couldn't stop laughing. This show is absolutely superb.

"What IPAs do you have on tap?"
AliasMan02
AG
Getting caught up and just watched BAN. That was the most meta thing I've ever seen.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.