Stranger Things - new Netflix series

100,059 Views | 569 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
3 episodes in, love it, makes me so happy, trying hard not turn burn through it this weekend.
texasaggie2015
AG
No spoilers please. Haven't had time to start it yet but will soon.
CorpsAg11
AG
Glad to see all the positive reviews, it just moved way up my to-watch-next list
RangerRick9211
AG
Same. Episode 3 is one of the best episodes of TV I have ever seen.
aggieforester05
AG
I've only watched one episode, but I'm already hooked. This is the best opening episode I've seen in a long time. The music selection is outstanding.

Netflix is kicking ass and taking names with their original content.
Micah97
AG
Just finished episode 7. It's really good. And on top of that, it's a wonderful trip down memory lane.
zgood10
AG
Was that a Peter Gabriel cover of Heroes at the end of one of the episodes? Music is amazing.

Just finished the last episode. This is all the best things of 80s scifi and paranormal with Spielbergian charm.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Absolutely fantastic series! And the little girl who played "Eleven"was amazing.
Post removed:
by user
TSJ
AG
Just finished the rest of the season. That was outstanding!
panhandlefarmer
AG
I think it is ok and entertaining. The child actors are great and Winona Ryder is terrible.
CorpsAg11
AG
Wow ok I can't stop watching. Agree that the girl playing Eleven is amazing, and i don't think Winona Ryder is bad, good acting all around.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
welp. i just binged that. fantastic.

they nailed it. from the music, the nostalgia and the kids.
agdoc2001
AG
4 episodes in - really enjoying it. Can't get enough of the title card art style or music throughout.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Was that a Peter Gabriel cover of Heroes at the end of one of the episodes? Music is amazing.
Believe it was at the end of the third episode.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Everything is nails about this show. I could only stay up for 2 last night and one before work this am, but the old lady knocked out 7 episodes in 24 hours.
hph6203
AG
Can't believe Private Joker is such a jerk.
zip90
AG
Burned through all eight episodes in 2 days.

Been a while since we Binged that much of a single series.

Only about 363 more days til season 2
CorpsAg11
AG

Maybe lay off the spoilers
Saxsoon
AG
Just got through the end of episode 4 with that sheriff reveal.

I think I know what might be happening here so potential spoilers

I don't think there are any real aliens. I think this is all the manifestations of 11's thoughts and her link with the boys, for whatever reason the alien looks like the d&d token they were attacked by at the beginning. The wall stuff is a manifestation of her abuse by the scientists who don't realize they are connected, nor does the girl. I think this solidified for me when the sheriff found the body in the mortuary and it was stuffed with cotton.
texasaggie2015
AG
Please no spoilers. Please.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Maybe don't quote the spoiler.
CorpsAg11
AG
I edited it, but it's still on this thread so i don't see what quoting it does
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
my apologies. didn't think i had anything specific in there. edited.
TCTTS
AG
Finished episode three last night. Please tell me Winona Ryder's character gets better - or at least less manic - because I cringe every time we cut to her. Acting-wise, it's like she's on a different show.

Overall, I'm definitely enjoying the show, but man, there is absolutely nothing original about this. And maybe that's the point - like an uber-homage or something - but it's just '80s trope after '80s trope at every single turn. I'm not even halfway through and yet I feel like I this is the umpteenth time I've seen Stranger Things. You can almost hear the Duffer Brothers just off screen, jerking it to their VHS collection. I guess I just didn't expect it to be this derivative. That said, again, it's still a lot of fun and fairly well done for such a low budget kind of thing. Looking forward to finishing.
Vernada
AG
Watching E1 right now. I love that they took the 80s setting and even went so as far as show font and background music.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Finished episode three last night. Please tell me Winona Ryder's character gets better - or at least less manic - because I cringe every time we cut to her. Acting-wise, it's like she's on a different show.

Overall, I'm definitely enjoying the show, but man, there is absolutely nothing original about this. And maybe that's the point - like an uber-homage or something - but it's just '80s trope after '80s trope at every single turn. I'm not even halfway through and yet I feel like I this is the umpteenth time I've seen Stranger Things. You can almost hear the Duffer Brothers just off screen, jerking it to their VHS collection. I guess I just didn't expect it to be this derivative. That said, again, it's still a lot fun and fairly well done for such a low budget kind of thing. Looking forward to finishing.

At this point in cinematic history everything's been done before. I watch a movie or TV show and can think of at least five other times I've seen something like that done before. So at this point, for me at least, it's a matter of how well something is being done. If they can put a slight twist on it that's somewhat fresh (hasn't been done in a while, or maybe borrowed from a different genre), then fantastic. Hell, I'm watching The Wire right now, and there's absolutely zero fresh or new to it. Its a simple police show that's been done three dozen times at least. But it's written extremely well, which is why so many people have it at the top of their all-time list.

As for this show, I loved it, purely for nostalgia sake. As a forty-year old who grew up in the eighties on E.T., etc. this show made feel that I was watching something from the eighties, more so than Super 8 or anything else I've seen SINCE the eighties. I viewed it purely as an homage to the eighties, (which it is), and by that standard it hit the ball out of the park.
TexAg2001
AG
Finished the season last night and loved everything about it. I won't post any spoilers, but does anyone know what the future of this show will be like, assuming there is a season 2? The ending left some clues that would allow the same story line to continue and evolve in future seasons. However, the title of the show makes me think that each season will have a different story line. Has anyone heard anything or have any insight?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Just starting, the first episode gives me a goonies feel to it.
AgPediRPh
AG
Not getting the love for this show. Other than Eleven there is some seriously bad acting going on.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Not getting the love for this show. Other than Eleven there is some seriously bad acting going on.

How old are you, just out of curiosity?
Vernada
AG
Starting the last ep now. Awesome show.
aggieforester05
AG
That's an important part, this is probably much more desirable for us 80s kids than others.
redd38
AG
This new Freaks and Geeks remake is a lot freakier than the original
Vernada
AG
If you don't like this:

Screw you kid. Get off my lawn.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.