***Survivor: Second Chance (Cambodia)***

49,122 Views | 617 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That right.
LHIOB
AG
I bet she brings it with her. After the first challenge led them straight to Tribal I think they will prepare for that each challenge.

Either way a nice twist and something that I had not thought about.
double aught
AG
I'm liking the season so far.
G Martin 87
AG
Great season! Love all the changes they're making to freshen things up.

BUT, I think the immunity challenge puzzle was poorly designed. It should have only been possible to put it together one way to make a completed image. With the image printed on both sides of the sticks, it became possible to put it together with the dancers facing the same way instead of facing each other. I didn't see a reference picture posted anywhere in the challenge so that they could see they were doing it wrong.
OldCamp
Confused at voting out PG.
Am I missing something?
Abi and Jeff seem to be the weak links
ScottH_01
AG
Abi made a connection with Tasha first, what's his name that was trying to talk after the challenge had to save face, Woo is freaking clueless as normal and Abi isn't a long term threat.

Least that's my take.
double aught
AG
People tout the benefits of dragging Abi to the end, but she is too much of a wild card. Can't be trusted. Can't keep secrets. Betrays alliances and and votes for whoever she's mad at that day.

Poor Woo. Always has that dumbfounded look at the end of tribal council. No one ever bothers to let him in on the plan.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
Confused at voting out PG.
Am I missing something?
Abi and Jeff seem to be the weak links
Voting out PG was actually a brilliant move. PG and Woo were close.

If they voted out Abi, Savage and Tasha would be left with the pair of PG & Woo with Jeff Varner on the outs (unless he snakes his way back in).

However, by voting out PG, Savage and Tasha are facing 3 separate individuals: Abi, Woo and Varner. None of whom really trust each other.

As a result, Savage and Tasha are in the power position in the tribe and able to use any of the remaining tribe mates against the other.
double aught
AG
Not sure if that was their intent, but good point.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Abi saying that Pei-Gee was too emotional is one of the best moments of irony in Survivor history.

Our new crop of leaders tied with 10 points after 2 episodes includes:

jdgilberg
kpaggie05
pro ag
LHIOB
Muckraker96
Longhorn Nation
Ronnie

Everyone's standings and the whole skinny available here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-f3IBPcAYd4a9vaRCgU73lFmw9tgAbjYJcpLbcOu7uo/edit?usp=sharing

BlackLab
AG
quote:
Okay, Jeff. Tell us about why when you mapped out this season you decided to start with two tribes of 10 and then go to three tribes of six once you got down to 18.

The overall creative theme for this season was "Let them play!" We wanted to present options and twists that would promote gameplay. The 20 to 18, two tribes to three, was based on reversing expectations. We had never done it before and felt very confident that even if the players suspected it or even predicted it, it would still be effective. After 31 seasons it is very difficult to come up with "new" twists that nobody ever considered, so one of the keys is using twists that are foolproof. I was very happy with the results. We had people who improved their status and those who lost status and in both cases the question becomes, "Now what?"

Tell us about the scene after the challenge when Tasha busted Varner for communicating with Kelly Wiglesworth from the other tribe and then Varner started talking openly about who made deals with whom. Looked like a pretty chaotic scene.

I LOVED IT! Varner has been electric. Other players don't always like it, but Jeff is playing a "balls-to-the-wall" game. This style of gameplay can implode but these are also the kinds of people who win. Boston Rob, Tony, Parvati. They play BIG. The audience has grown very bored with safe play. Safe players are rarely asked to play again and safe players almost never win. Survivor is a zero-sum game. One player wins, the rest lose. Why play for the jury? Why pretend? Jeff Varner is going for it. He's trying to play the game outside of the lines a bit like Donald Trump and like Trump, at the moment anyway, he is the MOST talked about player this season. By a long shot.

I watched it play out and I still don't understand it, Jeff: How do the two people on the bottom of a tribe completely flip everything and end up controlling the vote? Especially when the majority of four (Jeff, Woo, Peih-Gee, Abi) all just voted together at the last vote so should theoretically all be on the same page? How does that happen?

That was truly brilliant work by Savage and Tasha. I am with you. I'm still mystified at how well they executed it. When I looked at the aftermath of the tribe swap, I honestly thought they were dead in the water. But the social politics of Survivor can never be underestimated. I think Tasha and Savage did a great job of figuring out what each person in that foursome needed to hear. And they worked those relationships with and against each other brilliantly. It's one of the best recoveries the game has seen. THAT is how you deal with a bad switch. You dig in and get to work.

Hit us up with a preview for next week, sir!

Two of my favorite challenges of the season. The reward challenge is a "hero" challenge where each tribe puts up ONE PLAYER to run the entire challenge. The immunity challenge is blindfolded and I think you will laugh, gasp and cry before it's over. GREAT episode. This season is like the Los Angeles real estate market it just keeps going up, up, up.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/08/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-jeff-probst-jeff-varner-donald-trump
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Here's the updated complete standings; forgive my laziness from last night and kudos to Bobcat for being the only odd in a room full of evens.

Two episodes in and I was already having uneasy fear that my picks were going up in smoke when Savage and Tasha looked to be on the bottom of the new tribe. Funny how fast we get invested in our picks. Not real confident about my Savage pick considering his emotional wussification shown so far.

jdgilberg 10
kpaggie05 10
Pro Ag 10
LHIOB 10
Muckraker96 10
Ronnie 10
Longhorn Nation 10

Bobcat06 9

CheeseSndwch 8
AcctAg11 8
MooreTrucker 8
hurleyag 8
gravy97 8
double aught 8
TheSheik 8
Blacklab 8
tx1c 8
zap 8
Unthought Known 8
ChipFTAC01 8
salvatore_ditmars 8
tallgrant 8
txaggiefamrer05 8
Quinn 8

Southlake 6
Moxie 6

Cris_Dishman 6

aggietoolman
AG
Wasn't a fan of the team split originally based on how they split up, but it worked out about as well as possible.

Any of you that had Kass in your final four, you might be in good shape. Two of the weakest players are gone and her current tribe is set up well to get to the merge. If she makes the merge, she'll go far as long as she keeps her mouth shut and goes with the majority.
kpaggie05
AG
Loved that Jeremy got the 2nd HII - he's an entertaining player to watch. I was definitely indifferent to PG - but impressed with Varner's ability to go from the unanimous target to not getting a single vote.

WHY won't they vote out Abi? That new tribe is going to continue to lose and it's going to be the Abi show. Ugh.
aggietoolman
AG
For that vote keeping Abi was smart. She will be loyal to those two giving them the edge if they continue to lose so long as they treat Abi well and don't do something to piss her off.

This three tribe thing won't last long if one tribe continues to lose. They will reshuffle or merge before they have to worry about what to do with Abi (provided she isn't voted out the week after next).
double aught
AG
quote:
For that vote keeping Abi was smart. She will be loyal to those two giving them the edge if they continue to lose so long as they treat Abi well and don't do something to piss her off.
That's a pretty big caveat. She gets pissed at teammates if the wind blows too hard.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
quote:
That's a pretty big caveat. She gets pissed at teammates if the wind blows too hard.
No, Abi doesn't change the target of her hatred. She finds one target and irrationally hates that person as long as they are around (kinda like Michael Scott and Toby from The Office).

By having Varner vote for PG, it ensures that Woo is the only person who voted for Abi, thus she will have it out for him until one of them is voted out.

Poor Woo
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I actually think not voting Abi out is a smart move. You tell her what she wants to hear "OMG, they are being so mean to you!" and she immediately votes with you. She's not out there for strategy, just to vote with her heart; that can be controlled easily if you talk to her like Dietz did in the first episode.

Other than being a bit more assertive, Woo appears to have done no work on preparing himself for a second go-round of Survivor. He appears to have one conversation with a person and think "OK, I"m good until after the next Tribal."

As an athlete, particularly with swimming involved, he's up there with Joe, and the legendary Ozzie, but he's a mimbo otherwise.
salvatore_ditmars
cambodia has provided some great scenery so far.
double aught
AG
One of the things I love about Survivor is the nature shots between scenes. Many are amazing.
Pro Ag
AG
Wish we could have seen if the other tribes has similarly hidden idols during the challenge.

I have a feeling I lose Woo next week...
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
PG was a complete waste of a roster spot on the show. No idea why people even considered to vote her on. At least nutbag Abi throws in a wild card and Rat Girl was high comedy. PG offered nothing and glad she is gone.

Agree that Woo didn't learn a thing from before.
double aught
AG
The question is: who would have taken PG's place? There are fewer memorable women on the show than men. Many that are interesting have already appeared more than once, thus DQing them from this season.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I think PG might have been a quota filler vote. It's not like CBS is releasing the real votes there ya know?
CheeseSndwch
quote:
Wish we could have seen if the other tribes has similarly hidden idols during the challenge.
I think I read somewhere that if a tribe does not find a clue the HII is not hidden during the challenge.
Disco Stu
AG
Would have much rather had Chelsea Meissner on over PG
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Would have much rather had Chelsea Meissner on over PG
That would have increased the hotness factor a hundred-fold.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:
I think I read somewhere that if a tribe does not find a clue the HII is not hidden during the challenge.

This makes sense and seems to be how it has worked so far. The clues are very specific about the location of the idol. If the clue isn't found, the idol isn't there either. But here's an interesting question: what if a member of tribe A finds the clue and then shares it with a member of tribe B? Would they place the idol for both tribes at the challenge?
txaggiefarmer05
AG
lhttp://www.ew.com/article/2015/09/29/survivor-cambodia-second-chance-challenge-immunity-idol

If you scroll down a little bit, it shows some people hiding a immunity idol in the pyramid challenge, although no one had found a clue. Wasn't actually in the challenge since no one found a clue, but they still scout spots out.
kpaggie05
AG
Can't say I didn't see that vote coming, you can't dodge a target that big for so long. At least it wasn't a vote based on Abi's opinion of someone. Looks like next week we might get to see what's actually going on with the other tribes!
Gramercy Riffs
AG
This season is incredibly boring so far.
salvatore_ditmars
i love it every time serious jeff tells the extra contestants to "go to the sit out bench".
Quinn
AG
Last two episodes have been duds, and they just got rid of one of the most interesting characters. Wish they had voted Abi and Woo off the last two weeks.
MooreTrucker
AG
To me, Abi is just like BB's Vanessa. Shown to us as a paranoid *****, but at least some of them like her and they just will not vote her off.
AcctAg11
AG
What exactly does Abi bring to the tribe, other than a vote? (And paranoia)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.