***Survivor: Second Chance (Cambodia)***

48,928 Views | 617 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
he did. because he knew it would get him voted out just as easily as it won him a mill
Rudyjax
AG
Jeremy's resume: A. 2 immunity idols. B. Played 1 to help an alliance member. C. Won the final immunity challenge. D. Played the social game that everyone liked him.

He also NAILED the final tribal. His answer to Kimi was PERFECT. His last heartfelt answer was PERFECT.

I think Keith would've beat him based on the reactions of the jury when he wanted to give up.

He deserved to win along with several other players.
gambochaman
AG
quote:
I didn't see why what Spencer did was so bad.

because he didnt paint it as 'Wentworth has quite a few votes in the jury' which is what he should have done.

he painted it as. IF YOU VOTE ME OUT I WILL VOTE FOR WENTWORTH AND I WILL SPEND ALL MY ENERGY IN MAKING SURE EVERYONE ELSE DOES TOO.

he threatened jeremy. he bullied jeremy. instead of presenting valid facts in a logical reason he let his insecurity take hold and came accross as a total jackass
Bulldog73
AG
I didn't so much mind Spencer's "holding Jeremy hostage" as I did the way he answered for it at tribal. I think he could have sold it as a calculated move to stick around.

If he says something like: "Outwit, outlast, out play, that's the motto of the great game we all love. Kelley and I were neck and neck going into the stretch, and I knew that if I didn't do something bit to outwit her, I was going to be sitting in the jury. So yes, I understand it seems to be back to same old cold Spencer, but this was a decision I made to deviate away to outlast one of the best competitors I've seen in this game;" he may have gotten a few votes out of it.

We thought Spencer won the final tribal until Jeremy's bomb sealed it for him.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
He also NAILED the final tribal. His answer to Kimi was PERFECT. His last heartfelt answer was PERFECT.

Evidently his answer to Wigglesworth was PERFECT also.
Rudyjax
AG
2?

Anyone Remember what the answer was 15 years ago?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:

They knew he had 2 kids and he's a firefighter. Kimmie, Keith, Ciera, Savage and Wiggleworth all have kids. They didnt know he was going to drop that bomb but they have to have known he was going to say it was for his family. He's not wrong in saying all of that, because it was the truth, but I wouldn't want to sit next to that.

I think they probably did know he would say that, as would all of them had if they were in his spot, so I don't think the "family" part played as much as the "pregnant wife" part, and the emotion with which he delivered it.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
2?

I think she already had made up her mind and just tossed that out there.
OldCamp
quote:
he threatened jeremy. he bullied jeremy. instead of presenting valid facts in a logical reason he let his insecurity take hold and came accross as a total jackass
Bad move on Spencer's part.
I cant tell if Jeremy was being genuine with all the emotion he showed throughout the season.
It seemed excessive at times and I wondered if it was some type of strategy to pull on the other's heart strings.
I have a wife and kids as well, but I don't cry every time I think about them.
Overall I'm happy that Jeremy one. He seems like a really good person and family man.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
2?

Greg threw out that question before voting for Richard over Kelly, but later admitted that he was just goofing and that he's already decided who he was voting for.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
Bad move on Spencer's part.
I cant tell if Jeremy was being genuine with all the emotion he showed throughout the season.
It seemed excessive at times and I wondered if it was some type of strategy to pull on the other's heart strings.
I have a wife and kids as well, but I don't cry every time I think about them.
Overall I'm happy that Jeremy one. He seems like a really good person and family man.
I think when you're used to seeing said wife and kids every day, and then don't see them for 40 days, you'd be overwhelmed by emotion.

Ronnie
AG
That's why you don't let Jeremy to the final or anyone with a single mom with 2 kids woe is me story. If they say it right and play it like he did, no one really stood a chance.

Spencer played a calculated game of "give myself the best chance to win" but made some critical self-awareness mistakes. If he wins the final immunity, what does he do? Vote off Jeremy and face Wentworth and Tasha?

Tasha really didn't belong there. She's not bad but was definitely out of the loop a couple times. Something you never saw with Jeremy and Spencer. They were always in the know.
Longhorn Nation
I would have liked to see Probst poll the jury to see what the final vote would have been if Jeremy took Kelley to the final 3 instead of Spencer. I still think Jeremy wins, but not 9-0.

Great season with a bunch of memorable moments. I think Jeremy was a worthy champ - played a good social game, found hidden immunity idols and won immunity when it counted the most.

I'd be cool never seeing Kass or Wigglesworth ever again. Or Savage in a slouchy beanie.
Rudyjax
AG
Not that it matters, but isn't Jeremy the first black man to win?
Harry Stamper
Earl unanimously won season 14.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
Earl unanimously won season 14.

Damnit Yau-Man
Rudyjax
AG
Earl must've left an impression.
Harry Stamper
Seen all seasons. Earls season was possibly the most boring of all.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:

I vaguely remember Earl but that was the year with Yau Man giving Dreamz a car? I read a little bit about Earl.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

I vaguely remember Earl but that was the year with Yau Man giving Dreamz a car? I read a little bit about Earl.

Yep. Yau-Man was a beast for being a 50 year old 120lb guy. He gave Dreamz a car and Dreamz voted him out. One of the craziest moments in Survivor.
Harry Stamper
Yau gave Dreamz a truck that he won in a reward in exchange for Dreamz giving him the immunity necklace if he won it. Dreamz won the necklace, kept it and the truck, and voted Yau off.
SRCag18
AG
Didn't Kelly answer something like 4,720,000 or some random huge number because she knew she wasn't getting his vote anyway?
Kellso
quote:
I didn't see why what Spencer did was so bad. He told the truth, as Kelley had some guaranteed votes, and he did what it took to stick around. I'm very surprised that he didn't get any votes. I figured it would be pretty close between the two of them.

Have any of you ever read the 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene? Its very interesting to watch Survivor and see what rules certain players have broken when they lose, or get voted out.

Spencer broke Law #4 which is "Always say less than necessary"

He lost his chance at a $Million by being an arrogant jackass. Everyone in the game and on the jury is a returning player. I cant imagine Spencer"s "Im sooo much Smarter than You" routine not being off putting to other Survivor veterans.

An underrated moment in this past season is the moment that Jeremy won the Million and Spencer lost any chance and was placed 3rd at the reunion.

All Jeremy does is "Say Less than Necessary" when he nods to Probst questions. Spencers says more than necessary by assuming Jeremy will vote him out. Jeremy played off of Spencers insecurity. Spencer lost a lot of respect among the jury. I felt that Spencer was getting a winners edit throughout the season. I also think that his arrogance does not play well in a season with all returning players.

You could also say that Spencer broke Law #19 which is " Know who you are dealing with. Do Not offend the wrong person"

Kimmi Kappenberg rightly tore into Spencer bullying routine at Tribal Council. Spencers argument may have worked in a season of all new players, but he messed up by not knowing who he was dealing with.

He was in season of other Survivor veterans. If Survivor were the NBA the rant by Spencer would have been called for a Technical Foul. That sort of hubris and arrogance offended the people that would decide who gets the money,

Jeremy knew that Wigglesworth was the biggest threat in the game. He was always going to get rid of her. Spencer showed his ass by assuming that he was the biggest threat in the game.

Decent player, but he has the problem that a lot of really smart people have. He is arrogant because he can't understand why regular people are not as smart as he is. That arrogance can work on an Ivy league campus, but in the game of Survivor it can insult other players vanity. Insulting someone vanity, or making them feel insecure about them self is a fatal flaw in the game of power.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
UNOFFICIAL STANDINGS (will confirm once Chip checks them, but I feel pretty good about them as I watched it all on DVR)

1) Ronnie 101

2) LHIOB 99

3) double aught 96

4) kpaggie05 95

5) MooreTrucker 94.5

6) MuckRaker96 93.5

7) Bobcat06 92

8) jdgilberg 90

9) AcctAg11 89.5
Pro Ag 89.5

11) tallgrant 85.5

12) txaggiefarmer05 85
Moxie 85

14) gravy97 83.5

15) TheSheik 83

16) BlackLab 81.5

17) CheeseSndwch 80.5
Quinn 80.5

19) zap 79

20) Longhorn Nation 77.5

21) hurleyag 73.5

22)salvatore_ditmars 61

23) Unthought Known 60.5

24) tx1c 57

25) ChipFTAC01 48

I finally finished watching this afternoon. What a great finale. The jury questions were probably the best that I've ever seen and the responses were all really solid. Kimmi's (and Wigglesworth I guess) were the only really kind of wasted questions. Even Abi had a nice question. And even the reuniuon show is the first one that actually is compelling to watch. Good couple hours of TV.

I'll have to go through Muck's spreadsheet and look at how he scored a few things as I've got different numbers, but based on my score, the top 6 stay the same (and the bottom 3 for that matter). Congratulations Ronnie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.