Trailer for SICARIO (Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Brolin)

21,502 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Malachi Constant
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dunno why that emoticon showed up on the previous post. Oh well
Jim01
AG
Some great lines and Del Toro could read a phone book and I would be glued to it.

At the end I was COMPLETELY against Blunt. I just didn't feel like her side had been validated at all. I was completey on the side of Del Toro and Brolin and felt like Blunt was just being a whiny little FBI agent butthurt because she was used.
schmendeler
AG
three months after seeing it in the theaters, i'd like to see it again. I think that's a pretty good endorsement of it's quality.
ORAggieFan
Rented it for my iPad last week for a flight. Enjoyed it. Think everyone has summed up my thoughts already.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is how a guy goes from a prosecutor into a killing machine. Seems a bit far fetched. But, that didn't bother me watching him work.
TresPuertas
AG
quote:
Rented it for my iPad last week for a flight. Enjoyed it. Think everyone has summed up my thoughts already.

One thing I didn't see mentioned is how a guy goes from a prosecutor into a killing machine. Seems a bit far fetched. But, that didn't bother me watching him work.
My guess is that when he told her he was a 'prosecutor', he wasn't meaning it in the literal sense.
ORAggieFan
quote:
quote:

My guess is that when he told her he was a 'prosecutor', he wasn't meaning it in the literal sense.

Maybe I totally missed something, but I had thought his family was killed due to prosecution of someone in the cartel. Figured he then off for revenge. Maybe I'm just stupid though.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Maybe I totally missed something, but I had thought his family was killed due to prosecution of someone in the cartel. Figured he then off for revenge. Maybe I'm just stupid though.
he was a prosecutor, but that was some time, and many revenge killings ago, i'd wager.
Drake aTm
AG
Badass movie.

Just finished watching it. Can't believe I missed out on this movie for so long.
evan_aggie
AG
Glad people are finally seeing this movie.

I had told friends and family that it was quite good, but the marketing must have been weak bc few remembered it being released.

I loved the scene going into and coming out of Mexico. It was so amazingly intense.

Credible Source
AG
Just saw it last night. really good movie.
Credible Source
AG
Yeah at the end the Cartel boss called him "the grieving lawyer"
captkirk
AG
Great movie. Del Toro was great and Blunt was annoying. I kept waiting for her to come around, especially after Del Toro and Brolin saved her bacon, but no.
TCTTS
AG

quote:
I kept waiting for her to come around, especially after Del Toro and Brolin saved her bacon, but no.

That's the whole point of the movie. She finally gets it in the very last scene. She knows Del Toro's right and doesn't shoot him. The entire movie is an exercise in proving that point to her, leading to that exact moment.
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
Loved this movie. Saw it in theaters about two weeks ago and may rent on demand right now.
chris1515
AG
I watched this tonight and thought it was a very entertaining movie, but there were some angles/scenarios that seemed pretty weak.

*** spoiler alert ***

Picking up the girl in the bar? Seems like so many easier ways for the bad guys to get at her.

Why go through all the tunnel stuff just to get a guy into Mexico? Why not just drive him on over?

With all that gunfire in the tunnel, why was the cop and the other guy worried about unloading the car? Seemed unrealistic to me.

To get that Mexican guy back to the US, why not fly him over in a helicopter? Do the transport at night? Use a less high profile/visible method? There's not another lane of traffic for emergency use only?

What exactly were they trying to find out at the detention center from all the illegals? Who dug the tunnel or just guys who might know where it was?

And how would those guys in the hotel room know so much about the tunnel? And why would they tell?

The scene with the cartel boss and Deltoro was good!
ORAggieFan
quote:

Why go through all the tunnel stuff just to get a guy into Mexico? Why not just drive him on over?

They went through the tunnel because they wanted to catch the dirty cop in the act and leverage him and his car.

quote:

What exactly were they trying to find out at the detention center from all the illegals? Who dug the tunnel or just guys who might know where it was?
Where it is

quote:
And how would those guys in the hotel room know so much about the tunnel? And why would they tell?
They know everything around the border and specifically know the areas they need to stay away from so the cartel doesn't kill them.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Watched this and the Martian this weekend. Thoroughly enjoyed sicario and thought it was the more entertaining film.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Panama Red
AG
quote:
Picking up the girl in the bar? Seems like so many easier ways for the bad guys to get at her.
I don't think it was a planned hit against her at that moment. She went home to **** it up with a cop. He tried to kill her once she realized he was crooked. He just wanted to get his hump on.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Apple TV / iTunes.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Watched it this last weekend. Loved it. Was intense.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
I watched this tonight and thought it was a very entertaining movie, but there were some angles/scenarios that seemed pretty weak.

*** spoiler alert ***

With all that gunfire in the tunnel, why was the cop and the other guy worried about unloading the car? Seemed unrealistic to me.

To get that Mexican guy back to the US, why not fly him over in a helicopter? Do the transport at night? Use a less high profile/visible method? There's not another lane of traffic for emergency use only?

The scene with the cartel boss and Deltoro was good!

watched it last night. thought it was pretty great.

1) i believe that was just a random pick up. he turned out to be bad when she recognized the cash band.
2) gun fire was happening everywhere. likely not the first time those guys had been very close, not doing his job likely meant a burning tire around his neck and his family chopped up.
3) invading sovereign air space would be a huge political **** up. Mexican gov can overlook them driving into the country. but flying would require a response.
4) guys knew where it was bc they were from the area

i thought this was one of Emily Blunt's worst performances made even more stark by how well Del Toro played his character. it's a crime that Del Toro didn't get an Oscar nom.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
I was disappointed in this movie only because I want to leave my wife and kids for Emily Blunt but her character in this movie annoyed the hell out of me.
ORAggieFan
He wasn't a random dude. Her partner took her to that bar to meet him.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
yes i know he was her partner's friend. but, it was never implied that the partner knew the guy was working for the cartels nor that it was planned for him to try and kill her.
FancyKetchup14
AG
quote:
quote:
yes i know he was her partner's friend. but, it was never implied that the partner knew the guy was working for the cartels nor that it was planned for him to try and kill her.
I think the partner even said he didn't know he worked for the cartels. Not saying anyone's right or wrong, just an observation.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I think the writers achieved their goal with this though. Blunt was a To-The-T FBI agent who hadn't dealt with the real atrocity of the cartels yet. The CIA needed someone who was innocent to the real world and easily persuaded into doing operations she was not be familiar with.

Don't get me wrong, I was very much against Blunt's stance during the entire movie. You sometimes have to deal with dirty people in dirty ways. That being said, I think she delivered a really great performance. The last scene with her and del Toro is a great example of this. I think she's just being overshadowed by the badassery del Toro displayed on the screen. I may be biased cause I love me some Emily Blunt, John Krasinski is a lucky man.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
I think the writers achieved their goal with this though. Blunt was a To-The-T FBI agent who hadn't dealt with the real atrocity of the cartels yet. The CIA needed someone who was innocent to the real world and easily persuaded into doing operations she was not be familiar with.

Don't get me wrong, I was very much against Blunt's stance during the entire movie. You sometimes have to deal with dirty people in dirty ways. That being said, I think she delivered a really great performance. The last scene with her and del Toro is a great example of this. I think she's just being overshadowed by the badassery del Toro displayed on the screen. I may be biased cause I love me some Emily Blunt, John Krasinski is a lucky man.
i'm a big fan of Blunt. but, i think this was easily one of her worst performances.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

More accurately, they wanted someone that was so driven to get the bad guys that what needed to be done wouldn't matter, or that they could keep in the dark which they tried, from a domestic agency that would allow them to operate on US soil. What ended up happening though is that Blunt's character ended up having a conscience and that the boundaries of the law were literal walls to her. I also think that she was too much of a small picture type of person evidenced by the bank arrest of the money laundering. She was thinking of the near term, not the long term play which Brolin's character had in mind.

I'm not entirely sure that Blunt's performance is completely fault her but rather the direction and writing of her character essentially being a fish out of water. Her character went from living in a world that is clearly black and white to a world full of shades of gray, and I'm not sure that was really completely dealt with between Brolin and Blunt's characters. But it was dealt with adequately enough for me to not to question it. What sealed her acceptance of it all, but wasn't going to participate in anything further IMO, was the final scene between her and del Toro. She knew that he wasn't like him, but knew that what he said was right.
ORAggieFan
quote:
quote:
quote:
I think the partner even said he didn't know he worked for the cartels. Not saying anyone's right or wrong, just an observation.

I didn't say the partner knew he was with the cartel. Just that the hookup wasn't random as the two guys obviously planned to meet there so the two could meet. The partner always commented on her looks and obviously was trying to get her laid.
Buck O Five
AG
quote:
This movie is badass.

Could there be a more perfect director for the new Blade Runner project than Villenueve? This guy's tone and mood setting is absolutely masterful. His movies are awesome.

Strongly agree. Everything about this movie built suspense, kept you off balance, and kept you on edge. Then after the reveal it's a freight train of awesome. Love that desert sunset scene.
jeffdjohnson
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I didn't say the partner knew he was with the cartel. Just that the hookup wasn't random as the two guys obviously planned to meet there so the two could meet. The partner always commented on her looks and obviously was trying to get her laid.

My guess is the dirty cop saw Emily Blunt on the Bank's surveillance cameras. Then he learned that she happened to be partners with his old buddy. He probably calls Emily Blunt's partner and convinces them to go out and meet them at the bar. It feels like there is a deleted scene somewhere in there.

Either way the movie was bad ass. I can't believe lame **** like Brooklyn was nominated over this. Also where is Del Toro's supporting nomination? After seeing this I'm going to have to join the #OscarsSoWhite campaign.
Duncan Idaho
The lack of Chico tacos while they were in el paso was bothersome.
Credible Source
AG
quote:
The lack of Chico tacos while they were in el paso was bothersome.

I loved the shots of El Paso/Juarez. This is my favorite sight there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.