Trailer for SICARIO (Emily Blunt, Benicio Del Toro, Josh Brolin)

21,479 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Malachi Constant
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The bible is the true what?
'03ag
quote:
some form of the word "to read" I think. Could be a weird way of saying it's the true word.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
some form of the word "to read" I think. Could be a weird way of saying it's the true word.

The Bible is the Truth. Read it.
Credible Source
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

The Bible is the Truth. Read it.
Drake aTm
AG
Every time this thread is bumped, I'm reminded of how badass this movie was.
Noblemen06
AG
quote:
The lack of Chico tacos while they were in el paso was bothersome.
The obligatory 2x double order + fries to dunk in the juice and extra chile sauce followed by the inevitable intestinal Olympics would've made the El Paso scenes more realistic.
AggieEE
Southlake

Pacing in this movie was excellent.

After the pickup scene, Josh Brolin does intimate that they knew the cop might be crooked and used her to find out for sure. Very hazy all the way around...
Gig-Em2003
AG
Alejandro explains the cop at the bar situation. He was cartel and was tasked with finding out what Kate knew about the US operation.

Kate says something to the effect of "I almost had sex with my hitman". Alejandro says "he was not out to kill you, he just wanted to find out what you knew. They are after us."
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Emily Blunt is physically attractive.

There, I said it.
well that was to the point....blunt you might say.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Are the Spanish scenes supposed to have subtitles? We rented on our Xbox One and had to remember my years of Spanish in high school to catch what they were saying be cause there weren't any captions. Frustrating, but i think I got the jist of everything. Even when I tried to turn on captions it just said (speaking Spanish) during those scenes.

Otherwise, good movie.
jeffk
AG
The scene as the Delta guys are walking towards the tunnel and into the setting sun was beautifully shot.

Made me miss NM (and that takes a lot to do).
Phat32
AG
This movie was awesome.
jackie childs
the movie was incredible.

I thought the movie was very well-acted all around. del toro was amazing and i thought brolin was awesome as well. I thought blunt did a great job too...her character was out of her element and clearly in over her head. she was supposed to be overwhelmed and overshadowed by del toro and brolin.
Buck O Five
AG
At the Oscars they showed the beautifully shot sunset scene in a clip, and now i have to watch this again.
scubasteve304
AG
Finally watched this. Good god that was an incredible movie. The initial border crossing scene was super well done and incredibly tense. I rewatched the wolves scene like three times after it was over. Gorgeous winding border shots and cinematography, kinda reminded me of what I had wished True Detective S2 to be. And I have to check who got best supporting nods cause right now I don't see how Del Toro did not get a nomination. He was a force of nature.

Looking forward to more from Villenueve. Guess I need to go watch Prisoners.
OldArmy71
AG
Just watched this On Demand. I liked it a lot. Del Toro did a great job.
jackie childs
didn't see this posted anywhere else, but they've announced a sequel.

Looks like Del Toro, Blunt and Brolin are all returning...no word yet on whether Villenueve will be directing

Sequel to Sicario
Professor Frick
AG
Just saw this last week, too. Loved it. I didn't read this whole thread, so it's likely to have been mentioned, but it's worth noting that it was shot by the great Roger Deakins, who is IMO just the greatest cinematographer alive. Nominated for 13 Oscars, still never won. If you liked looking at any Coen Bros movie, or Skyfall, or Assassination of Jesse James, or Shawshank Redemption, or Villeneuve's Prisoners, he's your guy.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Just watched this. Holy smokes, intense AF. If you haven't seen it yet, check it out.
Redstone
AG
You guys just now getting around to seeing it?
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Yup. Finally caught it on my dvr.

After reading through this thread, there's one thing that struck me as odd that nobody addressed: Why did the dirty cop have the multicolored wristband in his pocket? Did all the cartel-related people carry those or something? Seems like a dumb obvious way to get everyone in your operation outed. Unless the one poster who suggested a scene or two might have been deleted was right about that.

Other than that one oddity, I loved every other bit of this film.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
quote:

You know I liked this film, and I think that Director Denis Villeneuve has done a better job integrating minority actors into his work since he began directing, but I wanted more.

I was thoroughly disappointed that he didn't take this opportunity to utilize some lesser known Afro-Hispanic actors in the lead roles; instead we're stuck with the Anglo-triggering Brolin and Blunt.

I hope that next time the Director realizes his own majority-oppressive upbringing and creates a safe space in the film.

What do you think Redstone?
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
quote:
quote:

You know I liked this film, and I think that Director Denis Villeneuve has done a better job integrating minority actors into his work since he began directing, but I wanted more.

I was thoroughly disappointed that he didn't take this opportunity to utilize some lesser known Afro-Hispanic actors in the lead roles; instead we're stuck with the Anglo-triggering Brolin and Blunt.

I hope that next time the Director realizes his own majority-oppressive upbringing and creates a safe space in the film.

What do you think Redstone?
Well done.
Malachi Constant
AG
Just watched. Ending was a gut punch. Great film.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.