Billions

20,436 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by rononeill
GreasenUSA
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
on Season 1 Episode 9 now. Was looking for something similar to Succession after finishing it. This show is not very... tight, and I echo what many have said so far in this thread. Rotten Tomatoes seems to show that it gets better and better in future seasons. Is it worth continuing?
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yes. It does get a lot better. It never gets great but it gets to a pretty engaging level. It's probably time for it to end but I bet they do another season next year.
MaroonStain
AG
This season has made this show stale. I was really digging each episode until the last two and I was like ehhh.
inch05
AG
Gets repetitive but has some elements of wolf of Wall Street so it's all right for a few minutes
DG-Ag
AG
Probably just me, but I was a big fan of this show until this season . For some reason I've come to not be a big fan of the Wendy character. They seem to have made her this all-knowing, omnipotent guru who gets everyone, no matter how powerful, to bend to her wishes. And all the guys in that bullpen are really starting to get on my nerves for some reason. I'll finish the season but I really think they need to wind this show down.
k20dub
AG
I'm enjoying this new season. I thought Sunday's episode was really good. Had a lot happen in it. I do agree that it gets a bit repetitive, but I enjoy the antics overall so I don't mind.
Hey Nav
AG
Seems to me they are just treading water.

Where is this story going? It's getting quite boring and repetitive.
FTA03
AG
They need Chuck to win a battle to keep me interested. Every 3 episodes he almost has Ax only to be "outsmarted" at the last minute with some Oceans 11 type ridiculous con. Need a big wow to finish the season then wrap it up next season.
Al Bula
AG
So season 5 is on hold due to covid?

cr06gis
AG
About to start Season 4. This show is cheesy but entertaining as hell.

The storylines have been pretty good. The one thing I can not get over is the dialogue...like, did they get a 15 yr old to write Wags' lines? It's gotten better, but wow.

The most distracting thing has to be the characters using "they/them" with a straight face...fking hilarious. Even Grigor the ruthless Russian is woke enough to flawlessly use Taylor's preferred pronouns. I can imagine the endless approving head nodding and pats on the back in the writing room.

I like the characters even though they are way over the top. Axe and Chuck are great overactors which makes for fun TV. I like Taylor, but I also like robots. Need more Wendy in dom outfits. Axe's wife is worthless to the show.
Garrelli 5000
AG
The they/them thing is goofy as you said due to seemingly everyone using it w/out pause. Goofier is the once or twice that Wendy randomly tossed in how she was essentially a quivering mass of speechless when she had the honor to meet Megan Rapinoe.

It was a record scratch across the vinyl - seriously writers, you had to work that in as her comment about being intimidated?

Woke rant over - still looking forward to whenever the next season is available.
gonemaroon
AG
What the heck happened to this show

All the riddles, history references, etc in every darned scene
Post removed:
by user
Four Seasons Landscaping
Any discussion on how the guy who did Billions took his now-cliched style to Super Pumped and just turned TK into Bobby Axelrod?
rononeill
We're somewhere in the middle of season 2 and I could care less about yalls gripes- I'm in it for Maggie Siff.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.