Billions

20,484 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by rononeill
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really thought I was going to lve this show. So far I like it and pl;an to keep watching but it seems to already be on the decline.
evan_aggie
AG
I liked episode 4. I think it got more interesting imo. I want to see ep 5 etc.
mazzag
AG
I just realized Chuck's dad is Dale.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
I just realized Chuck's dad is Dale.
Have you been watching? This show is a lot of things, but subtle is not one of them.
mazzag
AG
Dale just wanted everyone to get along. He was very morally superior. Chuck's dad wants to screw on the side and get revenge. Plus dale's beard didn't help, just his voice.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Dale just wanted everyone to get along. He was very morally superior. Chuck's dad wants to screw on the side and get revenge. Plus dale's beard didn't help, just his voice.
Wait a second...who the hell is Dale?
DannyDuberstein
AG
Walking Dead character olayed by the same actor as Chuck's dad. Was always "mr. Can't we all just get along" and eventuslly got his innards torn out by zombies
oragator
Another decent episode, hoping the show how found its footing finally.
evan_aggie
AG
I'm still liking it.

Chuck is a dumbass.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Constant use of the f word off putting . Don't believe this is common in everyday conversations .
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Constant use of the f word off putting . Don't believe this is common in everyday conversations .

It isn't how much they use it, it is how poorly they use it.
evan_aggie
AG
Really? That's what ppl focus on?
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
Really? That's what ppl focus on?
Well...the swearing in this show is awful. Like, my 8yo nephew learned some bad words and likes to use them awful.
DG-Ag
AG
Probably just me but that Wags guy is becoming my least favorite cast member. And I really liked that guy's role in BB. Something about the way he delivers all his lines that really bugs me.
ORAggieFan
quote:

We must hang around different crowds.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Wags is almost a caricature.
Duncan Idaho
Almost?
mazzag
AG
quote:
Wags is almost a caricature.

He was much better in bb but I'm enjoying this ******* character he plays vs the nerd.
oragator
Every time I start to like the show again it turns back into over the top melodrama like the climactic scene tonight.
Between that and giamatti's almost farcical overacting in every scene (it's like he took a six week deep dive one on one class with Pacino), not sure I have much left for it.
Ax and Wendy are worth the watch though, they may keep me around a bit longer.

mike_ags_fan12
Just watched the new one. It was aight. Not an episode worth waiting 2 weeks for.
John Maplethorpe
AG
Do these lower rung actors have contracts with AMC? It seems like a lot of them are being recycled in to their new shows.
DonaldFDraper
AG
Season finale last night. Anyone still watching?

I binge watched over the last week. Fun show; nothing life changing but fun.
oragator
I did finish the season.
The finale was better than recent episodes, but it still had that melodramatic final scene.
Don't know if I will watch next year, show seems meh to me, the good stuff is more than outweighed by the meandering plot, slow scenes, very odd swearing that makes it clear someone just said "drop a bunch of f bombs", Giamatti's overacting and really a lack of anything happening. With the exception of things around Wendy, all the major characters are pretty much where they were when the season started. Not sure that it is worth another 12 hours of my life.
ChipFTAC01
AG
We're still watching. I think it found its place after a few episodes. Haven't watched the finale yet.
Duncan Idaho
I haven't watch the finale but either the show got a little less tarded as the season progressed or my expectations lowered to an appropriate level.

jh0400
AG
We haven't watched the finale yet, but so far I've found the show to be enjoyable.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Agree on pretty much all counts. There's just too much cheese mixed in for me to fully embrace it. Every single episode seems to have cringe-worthy moments/dialogue. There were at least two in this one for me: 1) he changes back into his casual clothes and gives an over-the-top investor sales pitch and 2) the over-dramatic scene at the end where not only was the dialogue over-the-top, even the stupid set where the building has been ripped to shreds was over-the-top.

Whether I tune back in for a 2nd season will depend entirely on timing and how lean/full my DVR is when it comes back. It will be a very low priority.
HawthornAggie
AG
Enjoyed the show. Will definitely watch season 2.
BMX Bandit
Liked the show.

Didn't like the finale.
LeFraud
Some decent, intriguing characters, but the last couple of episodes were meh. Interested to see where the story goes, I'll watch on dvr when I have time. Pretty similar to Halt & Catch Fire for me as far as interest (dvr season 2 but still haven't watched). Could be the same with Billions.
AggieC07
AG
A bit over acted but I'll continue watching
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I haven't watch the finale but either the show got a little less tarded as the season progressed or my expectations lowered to an appropriate level.

I watched the finale last night...I wpull like to recant the previous post.
The Anchor
AG
I'm in the middle of season 2. I've really enjoyed it. I'm surprised by the negativity towards it on this thread.
Duncan Idaho
The show was one of the worst things that a premium cable channel has put out. The stories and characters were more believable on Red Shoe Diaries
Bunk Moreland
Duncan Idaho said:

The show was one of the worst things that a premium cable channel has put out. The stories and characters were more believable on Red Shoe Diaries

That and Vinyl were just massive failures.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.