The Last Man On Earth

30,468 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by COOL LASER FALCON
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely on board with the crew getting disinterested. They need to stop having him be sheet on. It's getting old, just one thing after another and it's getting old.
Max Power
AG
I definitely liked it when the tables turned on Todd, it was nice for someone other than Phil to be uncomfortable. New Phil needs to head to Tampa, just like the sign said though, hopefully he doesn't stick around for long, unless he turns out to be gay and then all the ladies have to deal with it. Game Changer.
Fresh Off The Boat
I've been waiting for one of the guys to show up and be gay.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
I've been waiting for one of the guys to show up and be gay.

Yup. Me too. Still think black Phil might be.
Whitetail
AG
I think a gay black Phil makes the most sense. But it then again, if they allow Hemann bang all the chicks that would be pretty funny too.

PJD Ag 10
AG
It is going to be fun to watch Tandy and Todd team up.

But Phil needs to become nicer or more likable or some viewers will give up.
Saxsoon
AG
It was weird seeing Todd being the ass of the group last night. I liked it
Dread Pirate Roberts
I think Todd and the real Phil run off new Phil or the new Phil takes the two new women somewhere else, then old Phil is left without a woman.

I think I'll finish the season, but that's probably it unless there's at least one episode that's not a kick in the gut every few minutes.

Edit: I meant new/old Phil, not Todd
Saxsoon
AG
Yeah, they haven't added the women to the main cast yet. Those three are running off by the end.
israeliag
AG
quote:
I think Todd and the real Phil run off new Todd or the new Todd takes the two new women somewhere else, then old Todd is left without a woman.

I think I'll finish the season, but that's probably it unless there's at least one episode that's not a kick in the gut every few minutes.
I'm in the same boat.
Tom in College Station
I thought I was caught up but maybe I missed something. Who is new Todd?
R0GUE
AG
I think he means new Phil.
LHIOB
AG
I really like where its going
SeattleAgJr
I gave up on the show.

Could not stand the main character or much of the story.

Better ways to spend that time.

Sad, as I like the creators' other efforts and the premise of the show was good, but it is no longer for me.
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:
I think Todd and the real Phil run off new Todd or the new Todd takes the two new women somewhere else, then old Todd is left without a woman.

I'm in the same boat.

+1
Counterpoint
AG
I thought the kicks in the gut were kind of the point of this show.
Quinn
AG
I guess a better way to put it is to say that I won't keep watching if the main story of the show each week remains how Phil doesn't get to have sex with who he wants to have sex with.
israeliag
AG
quote:
I guess a better way to put it is to say that I won't keep watching if the main story of the show each week remains how Phil doesn't get to have sex with who he wants to have sex with.
The writers need to give Phil some success. It's like watching a show about Elmer Fudd - which I'm sure is the point, but is annoying to me.
ATM9000
AG
quote:

It's not about 'Phil doesn't get to have sex with who he wants to have sex with.'... it's about Phil doing stupid crap to blow it and that's what makes it hilarious. It is always a combination of bad luck and stupid decisions like scaling a billboard with a shop ladder or creating a fireworks display the night he's supposed to bang January Jones. It's hilarious ways of shooting himself.

I personally love the show and this Forte's comedy in general is borderline genius and will continue watching.

Lastly, what's up with likeability for characters on Texags? Is it just a Texags thing? I guess I don't get it... I've loved plenty of shows where I dislike the characters (Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Office, etc.)
Saxsoon
AG
I enjoy the show too, but it is starting to get borderline ridiculous. He has had one, ONE redeeming moment in this show and continues to much it up. There is a difference between being a Walter White, or hell even a Joffre who are well rounded characters you love to hate compared to Phil who is literally just trying to get laid at the end of each episode and is truly unlikeable.
PJD Ag 10
AG
The bad luck is fine but he needs to be occasionally nice and unlucky. Not a jerk and unlucky.

Having said that, Will Forte is a genius and im sure he has a good direction for the show.
Quinn
AG
Episode 2: get married to have sex with not attractive lady
Episode 3: hot lady shows up and he is already married
Episode 4: he can't get out of his marriage to sexy time hot lady
Episode 5: he's about to bang hot lady and fat guy shows up
Episode 6: hot lady falls for fat guy, not him
Episode 7: hot lady and fat guy sex drives him crazy
Episode 8: he is still jealous of the fat guy
Episode 9: 2 ladies show up and he screws up sex with them
Episode 10: everyone hates him and he divorces crazy lady
Episode 11: he screws up sex with both new ladies and new hot guy shows up with the same exact name as him

Every Episode: Phil: Oh nooo. nononononono Gosh dangit Phil!

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the show has been pretty clearly about him not having sex with hot ladies. I have really enjoyed the show (see all of my posts on this thread), but it's getting pretty old at this point for me. Maybe you like it more than I do, and that is fine too.
SeattleAgJr
Plus so much for "last man". Way too many people survived.

Almost with they would have borrowed some of the "Y the Last Man" concept.

Only 1 guy left, but many women survived. Could have played it up for yuks as a comedy or dramedy.

Much more interesting that ... this.
ATM9000
AG
quote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the show has been pretty clearly about him not having sex with hot ladies. I have really enjoyed the show (see all of my posts on this thread), but it's getting pretty old at this point for me. Maybe you like it more than I do, and that is fine too.

No... The shows been about him blowing it which seems like a small nuance but it isn't... It's what makes the show hilarious. How's Phil gonna blow it this week?

Quinn
AG
We will just have to disagree, which is fine. I've enjoyed the show a lot, but I hope it changes course bc I have liked it less and less each week. Maybe that's just me getting tired of Will Forte, though.
CDub06
AG
It's kind of swung a couple of times for me. I liked it, then Phil wore me out. I'm intrigued by the developments of the last episode, so it's back on the upswing for me.
Shelton98
AG
I gave up on this show several weeks ago. DVR recorded this weeks episode for some reason... so I gave it another shot. Still sucks.
twenty two ags
lol at all of the big bang theory/network sitcom fans bailing.
schmendeler
AG
I still laugh.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
lol at all of the big bang theory/network sitcom fans bailing.
I love Big Bang Theory and will continue watching this show as it has been something I have enjoyed the past couple months. But there are some serious problems with this show and if you can't realize that, then you aren't really better than the people you just made fun of.
PJD Ag 10
AG
Thought that episode was pretty funny.
joemeister
AG
It's definitely setting up for an interesting finally.
bedofbrass33
AG
This show is flawed all to hell and might get cancelled in the middle of the second season.

However that last episode had me rolling and I've enjoyed the show thus far for what it is. I watch plenty of serious, gritty, thoughtful, intelligent, and philosophical shows. This fills the niche of quirky 30 minute escape. I'll keep watching until they cancel it.

I'm a fan of Tandy and melt-down Todd.

Also I hope to someday meet the person I can call a "friggin' smoke show".
Fairview
AG
Melt down Todd is great.
jdls13
AG
I kinda thought it would be funnier if new Phil was gay but this is still pretty great. This show is definitely different than anything out there and I'm enjoying it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.