The Last Man On Earth

30,306 Views | 289 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by COOL LASER FALCON
rhutton125
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gotta put the basket where the bears can't get it, Phil!
boy09
AG
quote:
I kinda thought it would be funnier if new Phil was gay but this is still pretty great. This show is definitely different than anything out there and I'm enjoying it
I like the direction they went with him and Carol hitting it off. That gets the other 3 women pissed off at New Phil too.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I realize what this show is but with that in mind, it was super lazy to have Carol be so uber religious at the beginning that she wouldn't sleep with white Phil until he married her even though they were presumably the last two people on earth, and yet here just a few weeks later she hops into bed with black Phil without a second thought.
PJYoung
AG
I have said that the only people lazier than Phil are the writers of the show.

Accept it and take the show for what it is - silly lighthearted entertainment.
sklipes
"Bros before hoes, boom! Still got it."

"Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black...er African-American."

2 best lines of the last episode.
Brock Sampson
AG
Well Phils brother has some bad luck
Fairview
AG
I thought this was a good season finale. They can take the show anywhere at this point. There were some predictable areas but they did a nice job closing up the story lines. I hope they go to back to some of the early stuff that made the show great. Tandy eating toilet paper and toothpaste was great.

One of my favorite lines was Todd "is this about the chips on my shirt?"

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I'm glad it's over. Got less enjoyable for me every week but hung around hoping for a turn around. The comedy just wasn't there to make up for Phil being utterly unlikable.
Dread Pirate Roberts
I'm curious whether they'll go back to Tucson or move on. Melissa became an afterthought the last several episodes, but I started liking Todd. He's the only one I'll miss if they move to a new home. They either need to move from Tucson or the writers need to move on to something besides "Phil's quest for sex turning into a kick in the guts" the entire show.

The scene with his brother was genius.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Genius? Really?
bedofbrass33
AG
quote:
Genius? Really?

Bro, we get that you don't like the show. Time to move on.
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
Genius? Really?
Genius is probably an overstatement, but that scene is something I doubt I would have ever thought about. I can't remember the last time a comedy has completely surprised me - its been years and years. It just seems like everything has been done, so maybe my standards have been lowered, but when something catches me that off-guard, I'm really impressed.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
quote:
Genius? Really?

Bro, we get that you don't like the show. Time to move on.
LOL, "bro". Forget the show, I just thought "genius" was a slight exaggeration for that scene. He clarified what he meant though and I understand where he was coming from.
rhutton125
AG
Not a bad finale, or a bad season, but I think I'm done unless I hear great things about Season 2. Assuming there is one.

Decent.
Ronnie
AG
quote:
The scene with his brother was genius.

We certainly know more now why Phil/Tandy is so quick to be jealous, he's lived in the shadow of his brother obviously and is a huge loser. He's got issues. I still like the show and Will Forte.
Quinn
AG
Overall, I enjoyed the season and am glad I watched it. I thought it was going to be one of my all time favorites after the first 3 episodes, but it fell off for me after that. Still a fun show that I will keep watching into Season 2. Hopefully they stick with just Phil and Carol for a chunk of next year.
gigemhilo
AG
Maybe so... but new Phil obviously likes Carol alot. I wonder if part of the new season will be him chasing them across the desert?
Thats Not My Name
quote:
Maybe so... but new Phil obviously likes Carol alot. I wonder if part of the new season will be him chasing them across the desert?

If they go that way I see it being a Mad Max homage.

I'm interested to see where they go in season 2. They've bought a couple episodes out of me at least. I'll miss Todd and Melissa, I hope they double back to steal them from that "new" group.
Max Power
AG
quote:

I hope not, I like a good clean break from the rest of them. Phil burned all the bridges in Tuscon and Phil and Carol traveling together to find a new place could be a good storyline. Maybe they find other settlements out there, and all kinds of bizarre people they could run into. A comedic season of mad max would be awesome, I agree. Maybe they head out to look for his brother. Since they can hit the reset button at the end of the season, like they did here, they have a ton of options for story lines and characters that are only around for a season.
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:

I hope not, I like a good clean break from the rest of them. Phil burned all the bridges in Tuscon and Phil and Carol traveling together to find a new place could be a good storyline. Maybe they find other settlements out there, and all kinds of bizarre people they could run into. A comedic season of mad max would be awesome, I agree. Maybe they head out to look for his brother. Since they can hit the reset button at the end of the season, like they did here, they have a ton of options for story lines and characters that are only around for a season.
I'm not sure the word "hope" is the right one here, since I'm not even sure I'll watch next season, but I do hope they keep it to just Carol and Phil and make them have good (at least comedic) chemistry. This show is better the fewer people there are, imo.

Oh, and if they go to Houston so they could chat with Jason Sudeikes that'd be a bonus.

In general this had a sort of Wilfred thing going - where it starts as primarily just a funny show with a quirk, and turns into a show as much, or more, about a crazy person... but Wilfred did it much more interestingly and humorously.
israeliag
AG
An interview with Phil Lord and Chris Miller (creators with Forte):

http://deadline.com/2015/05/last-man-on-earth-season-1-finale-executive-producers-1201419274/
CDub06
AG
I liked when this show and The Walking Dead were on at the same time. It was a nice show to watch to decompress after the intensity of TWD
TheDraw
AG
I liked the final 5 minutes. I don't like the main character. If they made him more likable the comedy would have been great like the first episode.
PJYoung
AG
I am like almost everybody else on here - I really liked the first 3 or so episodes and then it all went to ****. Some funny moments after that for sure but it never lived up to the potential we saw in the first couple of weeks.

I am hoping they revamp and recapture that glory because more of the same is not gonna be too good IMO.
Bunk Moreland
So I watched the season basically just by killing 2 or 3 eps in a row off the dvr whenever I had time and nothing else going on. Just finished the last 2.

I think by watching it the way I have been, it has been really enjoyable. Can't speak for others who watched it every Sunday night as it aired or before it aired, but by basically not worrying about when I would catch up, it was much easier to enjoy.

I'll watch season 2 for sure.
Quinn
AG
They showed 2 episodes almost every week, so that's pretty much how everyone watched it.
Ornithopter
AG
I feel like some retooling and this show could be great.

It's such a fun concept, I just don't like the main character or that every show was fixated on his sexual frustration.
schmendeler
AG
I enjoy it. It seems like some of the watchers on here are a little too vicariously wrapped up on whether or not Phil got to bang the hotties. It's a silly comedy. Bad **** is gonna happen to him.
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
I enjoy it. It seems like some of the watchers on here are a little too vicariously wrapped up on whether or not Phil got to bang the hotties. It's a silly comedy. Bad **** is gonna happen to him.
I don't care if he ever gets to bang anything. I'm just tired of 98% of every episode focusing on his gut-kicking failures.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't care if he ever gets to bang anything. I'm just tired of 98% of every episode focusing on his gut-kicking failures.

that's what's funny. I laughed out loud when January jones said she'd been in Tucson for two weeks looking for him, which was before carol even showed up. priceless.
twenty two ags
quote:
quote:
maybe this isnt the show for you, then.
Dread Pirate Roberts
quote:
quote:
quote:

that's what's funny. I laughed out loud when January jones said she'd been in Tucson for two weeks looking for him, which was before carol even showed up. priceless.
That was greatness - maybe because the show hadn't gotten to the point where the whole episode was full of it, but still, that was perfect.
PJYoung
AG
Yes - that line from the third episode or whatever it was stood out about what made the show great. Doing that every single week gave me tired head after a while.
'03ag
I'm sticking with the show but I understand people's frustration. Its funny when he's thwarted by circumstances. Its not funny when it's because he's acting like a jerk.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.