*** Amazing Race 26 ***

6,124 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by double aught
Twix
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We're still watching. It's just been rather predictable. At this point, I'd actually like to see Hayley and Blair win, even with her nagging. The funny part is, she's mostly right and he just chooses to ignore her. But, how helpful was it that he could speak Spanish?!
jkag89
Hayley chooses the most annoying way to express this fact, but she is 100% correct. Easily the most mismatched of the 'blind date' couples but despite their obvious incapability they are a strong team. Would not be surprised in the least if the win the whole thing. Pulling for Rochelle & Mike and Tyler & Laura.
annie88
AG
I could almost punch Haley at times. Blair handles her well. I don't really agree that she's usually right, she has been a few times, but mostly she just won't shut up. she's clueless about how she is.

But, they have found a way to work together and I almost hope they win for Blair's sake. He deserves it for putting up with that loon toon.
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
She looked alright in the tank top.
Just "alright"?
jkag89
Even if he would only just pretend to listen to her it would cut down some of her constant harping. She is definitely loon. May God bless the man who eventually marries her with an over abundance of patience.
annie88
AG
quote:
Even if he would only just pretend to listen to her.
I think he does mostly, he humors her. he's a saint in my eyes...
TriumphForks
AG

Some behind the scenes footage. I can't fathom what it must have been like to basically live with this person for 3 weeks. Blair has nothing short of a superhuman level of patience and ability to deal with difficult people. The fact that they are doing well in the race makes it all the more remarkable.
gravy97
AG
quote:
I don't really agree that she's usually right, she has been a few times, but mostly she just won't shut up. she's clueless about how she is.
I agree. She isn't usually right ahead of time... she just knows that Blair was wrong after they realize they made a mistake. She doesn't proactively know what to do... she just knows what they have done was wrong. She has amazing hindsight to spot mistakes and harp on them to know end.

and I agree, she has no idea how she is... she thinks Blair is the problem.
double aught
AG
Yep. She laughs it off when called out and thinks she's being cute. Amazing.
double aught
AG
quote:

Some behind the scenes footage. I can't fathom what it must have been like to basically live with this person for 3 weeks. Blair has nothing short of a superhuman level of patience and ability to deal with difficult people. The fact that they are doing well in the race makes it all the more remarkable.
Wow. She's even worse in that clip. So hateful. Blair tries to speak to her logically, which makes it worse. I've made that mistake, buddy.

Jenny should be grateful that Hayley's on he show. She looks like Mother Teresa in comparison.
annie88
AG
quote:
Jenny should be grateful that Hayley's on he show. She looks like Mother Teresa in comparison.
Agree. and I've noticed Jenny has actually gotten a little nicer the last few legs. Or they're editing her better.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Tyler and Laura are awesome. Hope they win.
rhoswen
AG
Wow. That video. LOL
T Durden
AG
She is the worst.
zap
AG
I did not think that Team Truck Stop/ Roller Derby would have made it this far.

What's up with Blair acting completely civil and rational? That does not compute....
annie88
AG
quote:
What's up with Blair acting completely civil and rational? That does not compute....
she did two episodes ago too, weird.

I'm sure the top three think they're in for sure, will be very interesting when all four teams show up. Also interesting that only one couples team still remains.

If I have to choose, I'd like Laura and Tyler to win. and Blair and Haley only for HIS sake for putting up with her.
aggietoolman
AG
In spite of Haley and the BSC, this is the first time in years that I don't have team in the final leg that I can't stand. I will be fine with whichever team wins.
double aught
AG
Finish in Dallas. That's cool.
Counterpoint
AG
Officially renewed!
Hulla Baller
AG
Would this show ever be cancelled? I guess the same could be asked about Survivor too.
rhoswen
AG
I like Survivor but Amazing Race is really sort of "timeless." I don't know how else to describe it. I wish they would stop with the gimmicky seasons, however.
zap
AG
I'm happy with who won. I thought Hailey/Blair had it in the bag, but she made the ultimate mistake that cost them everything. Funny how all three finalists were blind dates.
Twix
AG
It's been renewed for season 27!!

I was pulling for Hailey and Blair, but Tyler and Laura were the better team in the final leg. I thought the elimination of Rochelle and Mike was rather expected and sort of blunt?? I guess I was expecting it to be more dramatic! Cool that it finished in Texas though!

T Durden
AG
How could you root for Hailey? Serious question.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I thought it was perfect that her ****up cost them the million bucks. Too bad for Blair though. He deserved the payday.
T Durden
AG
And she was still yelling at him to "listen to me" when they were going to the parking garage. He had no clue what she saw up there but wanted him to magically know where to go.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The contrast was interesting when he just calmly pointed out that those are just some red and yellow poles. She would have lost her **** with him.
annie88
AG
quote:
How could you root for Haley? Serious question.
I was rooting for Blair. He deserved it for what he went through with her. BUT, I'm totally cool with Laura and Tyler winning.

Blair and Haley even said they'd love to do it again. Don't be surprised if they show up on a future show. He really knew how to deal with her and didn't let her get to him. He managed her more than she realized.
AgKJ
AG
quote:
And she was still yelling at him to "listen to me" when they were going to the parking garage. He had no clue what she saw up there but wanted him to magically know where to go.

Wife and I were yelling the same thing at the TV. Only she saw what she saw, yet she was yelling, "BLAIR we are a TEEEEEAM!! You need to listen to me and help me make this decision since we are a TEEEEEAM!!!".

Luckily, Blair was smart enough to recognize that what she was really trying to do was get him to say something that she could later scream at him about if things didn't work out. What an unbelievable b*tch she was.

It was perfect poetic justice how there was absolutely no way she could blame this one on Blair since she was up there all by herself. However, I was surprised that she didn't stat yelling that HE should have known to go up there instead of her or something.
Tom in College Station
While it didn't affect the outcome, I hate it when cab drivers running out of gas impact the race. I would have thought they would have them drive themselves in Dallas.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I'm surprised Tyler and Laura didn't hook up. It seemed like she might be interested in him but he didn't seem to be attracted to her which was kind of odd to me because she was a pretty cute girl and seemed to have the best personality of any of the girls on the show. She never went into beotch mode.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Had the same impression. She was definitely DTF. He did not seem interested.
AggieDPT
AG
Maybe she can be my partner next season
Scotch
AG
Didn't Tyler say something about being in the "friend zone"? Maybe he was just really bad at reading her dtf signals?
Counterpoint
AG
I thought they kept showing the Hailey/Blair fights all season because THEY were going to end up hooking up at the end. That would have been crazy, and one of the strangest reality show twists ever.

Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.