*** Amazing Race 26 ***

6,116 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by double aught
bco2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm probably one of the few, but this is the only season of Amazing Race I'm really not looking forward to. AR historically is my favorite show on TV, but the additional engineered drama of the blind dating couples this season really is not appealing. Too "Bachelor-ish." Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Anywho, it's starting next Wednesday, and looks to have the second episode within 2 days of the first.
The Milkman
AG
I'm excited to see the set-up with the couples... could be interesting. They don't enter the season already bitter with each other or already in love with each other or already perfectly in sync. You get to see them figure it out as they go, for better or worse.

And if it sucks, its only one season.
turfman80
AG
how many gay, lesbian or trans-gender couples will be featured?
twenty two ags
i think the "blind date" aspect will be interesting - not really because i think any of them end up as couples, but because this show has always been about the stress of international travel, dealing with uncertain environments where nobody speaks the language, etc, all with a partner who is someone you chose because you know them well. now you have complete strangers doing this. how will the stresses factor in? probably with some entertaining blow ups.
bco2003
AG
quote:
how many gay, lesbian or trans-gender couples will be featured?

There's at least two couples.
rhoswen
AG
I completely agree with the OP. Not really looking forward to this or Survivor. Thank heavens I've got Vikings and Black Sails to keep me busy.
T Durden
AG
How about a deaf gay guy that acts like a twelve year old?
bco2003
AG
Well, I was pleasantly surprised with the episode. It's way early, but there's not really a team i can't stand yet, and do like a few of the teams. Was interesting that the top three teams were the blind date couples. Yay for a 1.5 hour episode, and another one tomorrow.
Counterpoint
AG
Count me in as pleasantly surprised and shocked at the blind daters as well.
I wonder if the Tuskegee couple was ACTUALLY close to losing, or if that was just editing.

bco2003
AG
quote:
I wonder if the Tuskegee couple was ACTUALLY close to losing, or if that was just editing.

My bet it was just editing.
gravy97
AG
The second episode snuck up on me...but luckily the DVR was prepared.

I loved them taking their video selfie in front of the bullet train only to see the train start to leave... oops
AggieGirl35
AG
Hayley of team #rxforlove might be one of the most annoying humans on the planet. She is such a buzzkill and argues about the most irrelevant stuff.
rhoswen
AG
Yeah she just won't let anything GO
Scotch
AG
They would make a cute couple if she would just shut the hell up.
AggieGirl35
AG
quote:
They would make a cute couple if she would just shut the hell up.

I thought the same! But if she says "you just need to listen" one more time...

And even in the last episode he asked her to take charge and then she immediately changed her mind and blamed him for leading then astray. Poor guy.
Twix
AG
They still managed to come in second. But she needs to learn to drop it. There is not time in this race (except I guess when you're sitting on a long flight and have nothing better to do but bring down your partner with nit-picky remarks) to banter about something that happened yesterday. Move forward and go!

The attorney gal makes me want to grind my knuckles on a cheese grater...Can. Not. Stand. Her.
Scotch
AG
My favorite teams were New Kid and the blind date that includes the brunette with huge knockers. My favorite person is probably the poor doc from Team Rx.
double aught
AG
The doc is probably thinking "I wouldn't mind too much if we lost. That way I'll be able to get away from her."
gravy97
AG
and that attitude is going to keep them in it till the finals.... poor doc
annie88
AG
quote:
They still managed to come in second. But she needs to learn to drop it. There is not time in this race (except I guess when you're sitting on a long flight and have nothing better to do but bring down your partner with nit-picky remarks) to banter about something that happened yesterday. Move forward and go!

The attorney gal makes me want to grind my knuckles on a cheese grater...Can. Not. Stand. Her.
the blond girl needs to give it a rest already. And yes, the Chinese lawyer is a beotch. too type A. Not liking her anymore at all. And why the hell was she scared of the cats? you'd have thought they were snakes. not liking I get, allergic, I get, but actually scared? whatever.

Was bummed to see the two guys (NKOTB) leave, they were very likeable. I like the tatood couple too, they seem more geniune.

I was surprised at how all the men couldn't work a simple tool to undo the transmissions!
Southlake
Many likable folks on this race!
MooreTrucker
AG
I love Tyler and Laura and Jeff and Jackie, the best of the blind dates.

And Matt and Ashley, the newly engaged couple.

And the truckers, too.
Tom in College Station
How can you go on the Amazing Race and not know how to drive a stick shift?
Scotch
AG
Poor gay was not too pleased with rich gay, I felt bad for him, but he should've known stick better.
AggieDPT
AG
If I ever got selected for the Amazing Race I would spend so much time practicing driving a stick and running with a heavy backpack on. It's like half the people every year have never once seen the show.
Counterpoint
AG
1. Learn to drive stick
2. Learn to swim (if you can't)
3. Learn to never leave your passport anywhere
4. Learn to completely read the clues
5. Profit
AggieGirl35
AG
Just watching last night's episode. Hayley makes me want to stab my own ears. I can't handle her.
anaggiemom
S
I know. I just want to scream when they can't drive a stick, read a map, PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS ON THE CLUE!, etc.

It's like going on survivor without knowing how to swim or make fire!
Diet Cokehead
AG
I can't stand Hayley. If she was my partner, I would have long ago lost my shat and made her cry. Watching her at this point is not even entertaining but an irritant.
double aught
AG
You can tell that the surgeon almost just finds it comical how much of a nag she is at this point.

I laughed out loud when he said "I'm just craving conversation with nice people" after she berated him for talking with other teams.
annie88
AG
quote:
You can tell that the surgeon almost just finds it comical how much of a nag she is at this point.

I laughed out loud when he said "I'm just craving conversation with nice people" after she berated him for talking with other teams.
She's a looney toon.

She truly doesn't see how awful she is. Just NO clue. She constantly beotches about everything, won't take any constructive criticism, doesn't listen, doesn't let him do anything his way, thinks she's right about everything and picks, picks, picks and won't let anything go. She tries to force him to admit he was wrong.

Then at the end of each race, she's clueless when he says how challenging she is. She laughs it off like its just the intensity of the race, but she really doesn't get how utterly awful she is. I actually think, she thinks she's nice, cute and easy to get along with.

He's a saint for putting up with her the way he does. Initially he seemed like the arrogant one, but he's got the patience of Job.
Diet Cokehead
AG
I wonder what she's thinking now that the race is over and she's sitting at home watching herself with family and friends. Wow.
annie88
AG
quote:
I wonder what she's thinking now that the race is over and she's sitting at home watching herself with family and friends. Wow.
I hope she's saying. "Wow, I was a total ***** and a nagger."

But i doubt it. She doesn't seem that self-aware.
gravy97
AG
She's probably saying 'I can't believe they edited me to look so badly... they only included the *****y things that I kept saying...but look how cute i look with that hat'
tx1c
AG
Apparently nobody on here is watching this anymore.
But, if that girl had a mute button, she'd be alright. She looked alright in the tank top.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.