***Survivor: Worlds Apart***

75,689 Views | 578 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by gambochaman
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
what was up with dan and the wrecking ball? Was that a great edit or is he the most bizarrely gifted fat man alive?

Max's lack of strategy (or at least shown lack) cracked me up. The Survivor mastermind relies on someone else to make sure the third cog of his alliance is strong? Doesn't bother talking to her himself? What a dumbass.

Will be curious to see if the challenges shift to more of a mental/endurance thing now that it's all women (and Will) vs. all men (and Sierra). Because if they stay largely physical like last night, the women will get slaughtered.

Iif I were the men, I'd tank a challenge and get rid of Joe. The popular physical freak is usually the guy you try to get voted off right after the merge, but with some an advantage in strength and physicality, I'd be willing to risk it early so he doesn't go on an immunity run.
zap
AG
quote:
quote:
Why did they kill a hen and not the roster?

Because they're one of the dumbest tribes we've seen in recent memory?

LOL. When they got the chickens, my 10 year old says, "Eat the rooster. Let the hens give you eggs."
zap
AG
quote:
what was up with dan and the wrecking ball? Was that a great edit or is he the most bizarrely gifted fat man alive?

Max's lack of strategy (or at least shown lack) cracked me up. The Survivor mastermind relies on someone else to make sure the third cog of his alliance is strong? Doesn't bother talking to her himself? What a dumbass.

Will be curious to see if the challenges shift to more of a mental/endurance thing now that it's all women (and Will) vs. all men (and Sierra). Because if they stay largely physical like last night, the women will get slaughtered.

Iif I were the men, I'd tank a challenge and get rid of Joe. The popular physical freak is usually the guy you try to get voted off right after the merge, but with some an advantage in strength and physicality, I'd be willing to risk it early so he doesn't go on an immunity run.

Dan was straight up channeling Miley Cyrus. He could not miss.

Max had all the knowledge, but no concept how to apply it. His self-awareness was non existent. Shirin was reeling after he got voted out.

Why would Dan and Mike think belittling Sierra around the campfire was a good idea? Later on, Dan's "apology" to Sierra was cringe worthy.
Bulldog73
AG
I loved Dan's "I've talked to soooooo many more girls than you have." And how epically he failed at the "apology".
Aggie Infantry
AG
This is an entertaining show.
OldCamp
Dan cracks me up in this show.

I think Tex and Jersey need to really work on getting rid of Sierra. She is going to be an emotional loose cannon and swing vote that will plague them. I see her as a bigger threat than Joe.

Its going to be a lonely road for Shirin moving forward.
Quinn
AG
How could Max have all this knowledge of Survivor facts and still go out there and put a target on his back by bragging about how much he knows about the game?? So dumb. These tribes are crazy un-even, so hopefully we get the merge soon. I'm not sure why they shook things up since all three tribes were winning and losing challenges. I guess they didn't like the dynamic these three were giving them?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Its going to be a short road for Shirin moving forward.
FIFY
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I like it OK, but the editing is a bit heavy handed. When Shirin and Max were talking about how they know Survivor so well and how they were in control, right then I knew that one of them was going home.
zap
AG
quote:
quote:
I like it OK, but the editing is a bit heavy handed. When Shirin and Max were talking about how they know Survivor so well and how they were in control, right then I knew that one of them was going home.

Agreed. And you can always tell when the immunity challenge is about to end because the background music intensifies.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
I loved Dan's "I've talked to soooooo many more girls than you have." And how epically he failed at the "apology".

You know how I know someone isnt smart?

They equate age to knowledge with another adult.

Fat dude is going far in the game. Not a threat and no one respects him.
BlackLab
AG
Was it me or did they heavily edit stuff before the first vote? I dont remember any mention of splitting the votes 2-2-2 then voting out face tattoo chick,
Rudyjax
AG
No mention at all.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
big time edit agreed. Although it was a smart play for sure once they absolutely knew Cierra and Lindsay were voting Rodney.

When you get to Dan's age and you still refer to it as "talking to girls", you probably also talk about "getting to second base".
Rudyjax
AG
True enough.

Any one watch Alaskan Bush People? He reminds me of one of the Browns.
LHIOB
AG
Wait so you are telling me that an educator with all the knowledge in the world didnt have the ability to actually apply that knowledge to the one thing it can be used for? Consider me shocked.

Is it just me or is Jenn really hot?
BlackLab
AG
The look Jeff gave Max was hilarious after Jeff asked about playing idols and Max said Hold up bro.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why did they kill a hen and not the roster?

Because they're one of the dumbest tribes we've seen in recent memory?

LOL. When they got the chickens, my 10 year old says, "Eat the rooster. Let the hens give you eggs."
As soon as they won the challenge, I bet my wife that they'd kill a hen. She said there's no way she'd take that bet, as it was obvious that they'd never think to kill the rooster.
BlackLab
AG
quote:
EW: Okay, let's talk about this first reward challenge and Kelly's injury. Let's break it up into a few different parts. First question: When you did any of the rehearsals with the Dream Team where they go through and compete several times in the challenge to test it out, was anyone just dropping the platform down like Dan and Will were? Did you anticipate any safety issues before the challenge began?

JEFF PROBST: Great question, and the answer is no. All of the Dream Teamers let the platform down smoothly and in a fairly calm manner. But Dream Teamers are not playing for a million dollars. And no matter how much we encourage them to really push it, there are some things you just can't fake, like pretending that you really are playing for a million dollars!! So while rehearsals are extremely helpful, we are still often surprised when we run the challenge with the actual contestants.

Take us through the medical check-up on Kelly after she got hurt. Concussion protocol is a big thing in sports these days before letting people go back in to compete. Was she checked for any sort of head trauma besides the actual surface gash on her face? And how worried were you when you saw blood coming out through her buff?

Oh, I was definitely worried when I saw the blood. The odd thing was Kelly was so calm throughout the entire event. She answered every question our doctor asked her thoroughly and in a very relaxed manner. She kept reminding us that "I work in law enforcement; I deal with trauma all the time. This is not a big deal." Nonetheless, our doctors gave her a very thorough examination, not only addressing the cut and the fact that it would need stitches as soon as the challenge was over, but we also gave her some time just to make sure she was really okay. The most unusual part of the challenge was that everyone had to remain blindfolded because if we let them take off their blindfolds they would be able to look out into the field and see where their remaining objects were and we would have to start over. So I felt really uncomfortable keeping everybody "in the dark" so to speak and yet it seemed to be the only fair and appropriate response.

When you started the challenge back up again, did you instruct the people working the platforms to stop letting go of the rope, and to let it down gently instead from there on out?

Oh yes, and to be clear I had been shouting it to them throughout the challenge. But in the chaos of playingSurvivor it is sometimes hard to hear the ever droning host even on the rare occasions when he saying something helpful!

Let's move on to the big tribe switcheroo. Obviously a huge physical disparity in the tribes, but when you mapped out the split in terms of how the people would mix with each other, I'm guessing you had to be pretty thrilled in the sense that each camp featured both alliance outsiders and swing votes. Give me your breakdown of the new tribes when you first saw them.

Here's my honest feeling after any tribe switch. I look at the two tribes and I announce who is on which tribe and I move forward. I honestly don't think very much about it. I have learned over the years that a tribe switch should always be random and you can never predict what the divisions will be or what kind of success they will have or stories it will produce, regardless of what it looks like on paper.

I thought Jenn had a pretty good quote when she said "Why would they let us know they know that much about Survivor?" about Max and Shirin. I saw John Cochran do the same thing his first time out by not hiding how much he knew about the game. Are superfans working at a disadvantage when they constantly blab about what superfans they are? I would never disclose my Survivor nerdom if I were playing this game.

I think it really depends on the person. I would not be drawn toor put off by somebody simply because they were a Survivor fan. To me it's more about what are they like day to day. Do they have any self-awareness about how they are coming off at any given moment? Being able to take an educated guess at what might happen next because you've studied the game is certainly a bit of an advantage, but if that's all it took to win, then all of our winners would be massive superfansand that's not been the case.
Quickand without looking it upnow that the White Collar, Blue Collar, and No Collar tribe designations are gone, can you name the official name of the now-disbanded White Collar tribe, because I sure as hell can't? I didn't even know the other tribe names until this last episode.

Ha hathat's funny. I can remember Nargarote (No Collar) and Escameca (Blue Collar), but I am drawing a blank on the White Collar tribe. Point made.

Okay, a nice double shot of episodes this week. What's on tap next, sir?

One castaway is struggling big time to fit in with their tribe.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/18/survivor-host-jeff-probst-talks-about-big-injury
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
That part of the challenge has never seemed like it would be difficult. Hitting two in one shot was a nice bonus, but it blows me away when people miss everything.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:
quote:
They do that for everything.

1. Jeff warns people on about five different occasions to be careful dropping the lift, and Kelly takes a shot to the forehead.
2. Mailman says he knows how to talk to girls, then makes things incredibly worse with his "apology".
3. Max says he feels safe, gets voted out
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i also loved dan's take on talking to men vs. talking to women, then telling sierra: "YES I AGREE WITH YOU THIS IS THE SMARTEST COURSE OF ACTION." Good god man, tone it down.

Loved Jenn's reference to the NBA of "Bulls vs. Heat 96 game on October 13. Or whenever basketball happens."

Is it Shriin who has the idol or the older woman? Can't remember.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I think it's the older one. Could be wrong.
Quinn
AG
The old lady and Jen have the Immunity Idols.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Wait so you are telling me that an educator with all the knowledge in the world didnt have the ability to actually apply that knowledge to the one thing it can be used for? Consider me shocked.

She and Haili are the hottest ones out there, but are they hot or proximity hot?
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
I think it's the older one. Could be wrong.
Carolyn
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
They do that for everything.

1. Jeff warns people on about five different occasions to be careful dropping the lift, and Kelly takes a shot to the forehead.
2. Mailman says he knows how to talk to girls, then makes things incredibly worse with his "apology".
3. Max says he feels safe, gets voted out
#1 was not editing, just happenstance.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
quote:

She and Haili are the hottest ones out there, but are they hot or proximity hot?
I call that "airplane hot"

When you are stuck on a plane for 3 hours a 6 becomes an 8 pretty fast.

However, I am going to take a stance here and say Jenn is hot.
Rudyjax
AG
Jenn has a hot personality. She is getting hotter losing her baby fat.
OldCamp
Jenn is "girl next door" hot....which is basically proximity hot.
BlackLab
AG
Has anyone read all the bios? Tyler said he was an ex talent agent in LA, but I didnt know this:

Tyler Fredrickson (born February 26, 1981) is a former American football placekicker. He played in the NFL for the Washington Redskins and Oakland Raiders in 3 preseason games during the 2007 season but was cut on September 2 before the start of the regular season. While with Oakland, he connected on a 49-yard field goal versus the Arizona Cardinals and handled all punting and placekicking duties during the team's final preseason game against the Seattle Seahawks (avg. 49 yds on 5 punts).
He signed a three-year deal (to have kept him in Los Angeles through the 2010 season) with the Los Angeles Avengers of the Arena Football League on April 24, mid-way through the 2008 season. He played in their final eight games.

At the University of California, Berkeley, Fredrickson served as both the punter and placekicker in 2003. He was the Golden Bears' starting punter for three seasons and doubled as the placekicker as a senior in 2003. Fredrickson punted 198 times for Cal, averaging 39.4 yards per boot. While handling the placekicking duties, he converted on attempts from 51 and 53 yards out, registering the third and fifth-longest field goals in Golden Bear history.
Rudyjax
AG
Football players are so white collar.
Bulldog73
AG
Tyler though was a former money manager too, which is how I think he fit the white collar job.

And tatted up hair dressers are totally blue collar, as are barrel racers.

I was always under the impression that blue collar implied some sort of contribution to society, and while tangentially, you could say barrel racers help entertain, I have a hard time fitting either of those two professions with essentially no boss blue collar. Maybe I've always assumed incorrectly.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
i was more of the opinion that blue collar means you work with your hands.
hurleyag
AG
quote:
Football players are so white collar.
He's a kicker. That's the white collar of the football team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.