***Survivor: Worlds Apart***

75,690 Views | 578 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by gambochaman
Kellso
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
from EW's finale recap:

quote:
But the most incredible thing BY FAR that went down has to be this: Rodney voted for Will to win Survivor: Worlds Apart. Not only did Rodney vote for Will to winSurvivor: Worlds Apart, but he voted for him based on the fact thatand I'm quoting hereWill "kept it real." I know this because Rodney's comments while voting for the #DeadFish to take home the million dollars were "I kept it real in this game. You kept it real in this game."
Lest anyone think Will's qualifications for "keeping it real" were not quite up to snuff, Rodney used his one precious question to the finalist to ask Will the following incisive and probing query: "How did you keep it real?" HOW DID YOU KEEP IT REAL?!?! THAT WAS HIS QUESTION!!! Apparently, Will's dissertation on the art of keeping it real must has satisfied Rodney's ever-so-high standards because he then awarded him his votethe most inexplicable vote since Ralph Malph voted for Phillip Sheppard to win Redemption Islandproclaiming that his No Collar friend did, in fact, keep it realand thank God for that.

LOLOLOL

I read that guys stuff a lot.....and he has been on a crusade since Natalie and Sandra Beat Russell that the "best player has to win"
It seems like the past few seasons have included more fans that have this line of thinking.
Im not saying its wrong....but its made the past few Final Tribal Councils boring. I am not a fan of these 7-1 Final Tribal Council votes where its obvious who is going to win.

It is most likely the evolution of the game since it has been on for so long now, but I used to love the emotions of the Final Jury. It was awesome watching the Finalist getting cursed out by people they had screwed over and offended. The term people use is "bitter" jury.
I am of the thought that a bitter jury makes for better television.

I absolutely detest the term "bitter jury"

I am of the thought that a player is free to vote for whoever he wants to win. If a player wants to vote for his friend to win the Million (like Rodney and WIll)....then more power to him.

That is how Sandra beat Russell in the All Star season. Her alliance was all on the jury and she suckered Russell into thinking they wouldn't vote for her.
gravy97
AG
The best Rhadney moment was early on... following last week's tribal when Carolyn played her idol... Rhadney was all 'why didn't you tell us you had the idol, that is a huge trust problem'... and Carolyn had to remind him that they all voted for her...

I was pulling for Carolyn to win for my fantasy standings... but my heart was rooting for Mike since he had been a target for so long, but just kept winning.

And I loved how probst set Dan up, gave him just enough rope, then played the footage to shut him up.
gambochaman
AG
i think you're on the minority on that.

the bitter jury was the reason i stopped watching survivor for a couple of seasons. i hated investing time and emotion into a show, only to see it end with someone winning simply because they didnt do anything so they didnt upset anyone (ie. Natalie over Russell)

i have absolutely loved the past 3-4 seasons, where jurors are actually analyzing the gameplay of the finalists and choosing a winner based on who they believe played the best game...even if they had personal vendettas (i was gladly surprised to see Dan vote for Mike, which was the mature rational thing to do, as opposed to voting for anyone else which would have been the childish bitter thing to do) THAT is how a winner should be chosen.

its not just who you want to vote for. there is a premise for this game, and if you're not allowing that premise to dictate your vote, then you're doing a disservice to the game
gambochaman
AG
quote:
The best Rhadney moment was early on... following last week's tribal when Carolyn played her idol... Rhadney was all 'why didn't you tell us you had the idol, that is a huge trust problem'... and Carolyn had to remind him that they all voted for her...

agree 150 trillion % bro
Rudyjax
AG
quote:

its not just who you want to vote for. there is a premise for this game, and if you're not allowing that premise to dictate your vote, then you're doing a disservice to the game

Exactly. I wanted Mike to win becauae he did the most. I didnt like him. But thought he earned it.
gambochaman
AG
also, i am heart broken that mikayla didnt make it in

oh but kass did...gdmmit....the absolute worst and most detestable player in survivor history is back in the game...i would have rather a season with shirin and 9 other shirin clones than have to watch kass again
zap
AG
So the final vote went like this?

Rodney voted Will
Sierra voted Carolyn
Everyone else vote Mike

Shirin voted Mike after her "epic" speech?
aggietoolman
AG
quote:
oh but kass did...gdmmit....the absolute worst and most detestable player in survivor history is back in the game...i would have rather a season with shirin and 9 other shirin clones than have to watch kass again

Agree with that 100%. I couldn't believe that she made it back. My hope is that she is one of the first to go, but with her reputation, she'll probably be one that is taken to the end.

I'm ok with everyone else they are bringing back, but Kass.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
So the final vote went like this?

Rodney voted Will
Sierra voted Carolyn
Everyone else vote Mike

Shirin voted Mike after her "epic" speech?
I think Shirin voted Mike for 2 reasons. 1) he stroked her survivor ego by involving her in his plot to disrupt the alliance of 6 when tyler and will showed their true colors and voted for Dan. She loved the drama of that, even if she ended up being voted out.

2) If you look at the game from a purely Poppovichian mentality - the objective is to keep from getting voted off at Tribal Council. There are 2 basic ways to do this - be part of an alliance that is in the majority and remain in that alliance while voting off other players, or secure the one item that prevents you from being voted out, no matter what anyone else thinks about you.

Carolyn's game was smart and tactical, but plenty of weeks she could have been voted out if the target hadn't been elsewhere. Mike had the target on him for the last 6-7 episodes and continued to earn/find the one item in the game that guarantees your safety no matter what. To me, and possibly to Shirin, that is the ultimate way of playing Survivor - guarantee that you can't be voted out, not rely on other people to keep you in the game.
Pro Ag
AG
One thing I don't think Mike got enough credit for was sniffing things out. He called multiple moves ahead of time. He threw wrenches and exposed cracks in alliances.

I may have missed it because I watched online, but were there no opening or closing statements for them to make their case? It may have been me being tired but I thought final tribal sucked. Jen is the only one who did a good job with her speech.

And I think Dan rolled his eyes and acted disgusted for show. I do believe it was important to him to be remembered no matter what. Also explains why he still voted Mike. I believe he is a fan and wanted Mike to win, but also wanted to "show out" as a juror to leave an impression on the public.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, while watching Mike go on the immunity streak was entertaining, I was much more entertained by how he predicted moves and stirred up **** within the alliance(s) trying to take him out.
zap
AG
Ya'll bring up a good point. Mike was very aware of the schemes and sub-alliances. He was able to expose them without real consequence since most disliked him after the auction.

ProAg - they did not show any opening/closing statements from the finalists. Don't know if they were edited out or completely omitted from the ceremony.
TRM
AG
quote:
ProAg - they did not show any opening/closing statements from the finalists. Don't know if they were edited out or completely omitted from the ceremony.
They said on the EW article they edited it out because it was similar to the answers to the jury's questions.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
I am of the thought that a player is free to vote for whoever he wants to win. If a player wants to vote for his friend to win the Million (like Rodney and WIll)....then more power to him.
This explains your political voting record.

quote:

That is how Sandra beat Russell in the All Star season. Her alliance was all on the jury and she suckered Russell into thinking they wouldn't vote for her.
Uh.. no. Russell lost because he was an a-hole to everybody. If you replace Sandra with any other human, that human would have won too. Sandra tried over and over again to hatch plans that entire season and every time her plans failed. The notion that she really had a super secret plan to fail in every way so that she could sucker Russell into complacency ventures into 9/11 truther levels of delusion.
DannyDuberstein
AG
There is a certain level of toxicity, that if exceeded, will absolutely bring the "bitter jury" back into play. Russell Hantz clearly exceeded it, and it couldn't have been more unnecessary. He lost because he was STUPID. That's still strategy. That's still part of the game.
gambochaman
AG
his second time around...no doubt.

the first time? that was just the worst result in survivor history
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The look on Dan's face at the first tribal after he got voted out and saw that Mike had the immunity necklace again was Survivor gold.
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
Surprised this hadn't been posted

Murder Hornet
AG
quote:
Surprised this hadn't been posted

We watched last night and when I saw that shot I turned to the wife and said "there is the newest TexAgs gif"
gambochaman
AG
so many gold moments with dan and brodney

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.