American Horror Story season 4 - Freak Show

14,740 Views | 102 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by chick79
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Overall, better episode this week. This is a weird, weird show.
IceAg08
AG
Much better episode. That clown alone will keep me watching the rest of the season though.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Will watch last night's episode when I get home. Fell asleep too early last night
boboguitar
AG
annie88
AG
each season has gotten worse, imo... LOVED season 1, two, never saw the last few and three started out great, but again never finished. have no desire to even watch this one.

I will say that clown is pretty damn scary.
ellebee
The clown might possibly be worse when his mask is off. Poor clown. Just wants to make people happy...
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Over/under how many episodes we go before some type of homo erotica pops up this season?

Does the scene with the three gay dudes with the one banging Angela Basset count?
TheCougarHunter
AG
Holy **** that clown
atm0812
AG
quote:
The clown might possibly be worse when his mask is off. Poor clown. Just wants to make people happy...

I thought it wasn't a mask in the first episode but rather incredibly creepy Joker style self mutilation. So I was actually relieved when the mask strings were made apparent.

Of course when he takes the mask off later it will somehow be worse...
Ol Jock 99
AG
Google "twisty the clown mask off". Or don't. It ain't pretty. There is a cleaned up still and a slowed down gif from last week as the top 2 results.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Google "twisty the clown mask off". Or don't. It ain't pretty. There is a cleaned up still and a slowed down gif from last week as the top 2 results.
Yeah, I caught that. There's a reason the clown doesn't talk.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
I thought it wasn't a mask in the first episode but rather incredibly creepy Joker style self mutilation. So I was actually relieved when the mask strings were made apparent.

Ditto
65532ag
No thoughts on today's episode? Thought it took an interesting direction with the doctor.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Not a fan of the "killer freak from the beyond". This show had, until that point, the feeling of "this could be real". Yeah, Penny and Dot are a stretch, but there have been some weird conjoined twins. But with the intro of Mordrake, it went from horror to sci-fi. Which is fine I guess, but not what I was hoping for.

Twisty stalking was beyond creepy of course.
Ol Jock 99
AG
This is my first time to watch AHS, but man, they have a lot of plot lines....
  • Twisty and the murder/kidnappings
  • Dot and Bette
  • Elsa Mars' quest for fame
  • Ethel's past and future...
  • The psycho rich kid and his family (just learned the maid is Patti LaBelle. That's fun.)
  • Does Jimmy get to be free
  • Does Dell run the show into the ground like he did Ethel's career
  • The gay con artist and his girl (whomever wanted the homoerotic got it last night)
  • Mordrake and his gang from the beyond
That is after THREE shows. Is that typical?
Ryan the Temp
AG
And yet it still comes across as boring. I think they are trying too hard at this point.
Daveintx
Mordrake's appearance started as a bit of a let down to me... They build him up and yet get that instead? (maybe next week makes up for it but so far......)

On a side note, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Mordake

so at least they are doing the norm of cross referencing real history/tales
Geralt of Rivia
S
Last night's episode was a bit slow for me. Hopefully next week's makes up for it
swimmerbabe11
http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/10/17/the-clown-that-inspired-the-clown-american-horror-story-s-twisty-meets-his-even-more-horrifying-maker-2354042?lt_source=external,manual
DannyDuberstein
AG
If only Lester Burnham had eyes in the back of his head in American Beauty, like Ricky Fitts apparently does. He might still be alive.
ellebee
I think the clown is going to get ticked at the wanna be clown for trying to kill the people he's trying to make happy.

I knew the maid looked familiar but couldn't place her.

The mordrake thing kind of took it off on one of those tangents that I thought sucked about the other seasons.
atm0812
AG
quote:
This is my first time to watch AHS, but man, they have a lot of plot lines....
  • Twisty and the murder/kidnappings
  • Dot and Bette
  • Elsa Mars' quest for fame
  • Ethel's past and future...
  • The psycho rich kid and his family (just learned the maid is Patti LaBelle. That's fun.)
  • Does Jimmy get to be free
  • Does Dell run the show into the ground like he did Ethel's career
  • The gay con artist and his girl (whomever wanted the homoerotic got it last night)
  • Mordrake and his gang from the beyond
That is after THREE shows. Is that typical?

Yes. Ryan Murphy always starts out with a bunch of interesting ideas, but often struggles to bring many of them to a well conceived conclusion.

If you are new to AHS you should absolutely go back and watch season 1. It was one of my favorite TV experiences ever.
Ol Jock 99
AG
They got rid of Twisty? Seriously? WTF??? Twisty was the best part of the show!!!

I'm not even sure what to think.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm thinking I might be out. So far this season, I've just been tolerating the other stories while waiting for the next Twisty related scenes.
Daveintx
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/29/ahs-freak-show-lily-rabe/

wow
IceAg08
AG
quote:
I'm thinking I might be out. So far this season, I've just been tolerating the other stories while waiting for the next Twisty related scenes.

+1
RIP Twisty
ellebee
Mordrake chose poorly. I liked twisty. He was just misunderstood. I'll stick with it for now but twisty was the best part of the show.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I enjoyed twisty, and the backstory made me sad and like him even more
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Was really hoping Mordrake was gonna take Dandy. They go and give Twisty a sympathetic backstory and then kill him.
ellebee
I thought that too until I realized dandy wasn't a freak and I think they only took freaks. I was hoping they'd take the strongman. Given twistys backstory I thought they wouldn't take him.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I've always been creeped out by Dandy, and then I finally figured out why - he looks a lot like an actual murderer I've worked to keep in prison.
Ol Jock 99
AG
One of my buddies made a nice jack-o'-lantern.

ellebee
Nice!!
Ryan the Temp
AG
Ryan Murphy has disclosed that season two is connected to season four (which we already know now), and season four is connected to season one.

I'm wondering if the con man who is after the twins' is the connection between those seasons. If he is indeed from Hollywood, or California at least, then there is a geographic possibility of a connection between him and occupants of the murder house.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Tonight was a lot better than I expected. Consolidating storylines too.

"Stop that. You're making me feel bad."
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.