*** GONE GIRL ***

35,539 Views | 193 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by exitone
cab595
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i just really hated the way this movie ended. meh.....
God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
My wife had read the book and I had not and knew nothing other than it was a missing persons case with stuff seeming wrong. Neither one of us thought it was any good. Unbelievable main characters and illogical plot.
Same here, you and I are definitely in the minority. Also, I personally thought the writing/dialogue was really bad. Tried way too hard, with just about every character. And I cannot stand that main actress. Thought she completely whiffed, aside from facial expressions and looking hot. Maybe it's because she is British, but I couldn't stand hearing her speak. She's annoying at times in Jack Reacher as well, aside from looking hot and facial expressions.

Don't get me wrong, it was an interesting movie, and it was hard to stop watching...I just feel that it is being WAY over hyped, just because it's "dark and twisted".

For "dark and twisted" I personally thought "Prisoners" was way better. "Side Effects" too...although it did have some cheesy moments.
Joe Cole
quote:
Maybe the only thing that kinda bugged me was the way the portrayed his relationship with his sister.

I'm sure it was better explained in the book, but it just seemed over the top in the way they acted towards each other...

Like at the end, she's crying hysterically b/c he is staying with her for the baby? Just seemed over the top

In the book it's much more played up how they are twins and really a team on things. By the end of the book when they realize that Nick has been telling truth the whole time and he is proving to them just how evil she is. They are all trying to figure out how to bust her, but she has every track covered. I guess Margo is crying because she realizes her brother is basically sacrificing his future life ( also admitting to things he didn't do like the credit cards) to live with a murderer.

Not defending the movie, but the book really laid it all out better
BlackGold
AG
Just watched this. Mind. Blown. Can't believe the ending.

Is it weird amy gets me all hot and bothered??
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nah. She fine.
BlackGold
AG
What was up with the cat? Seemed like they had s lot of scenes featuring the cat.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Because people that own cats are ****ing crazy.
Nagler
AG
Yeah could have turned up the how evil Amy was in the movie. At the end of the book I was just amazed how awful she was. I didn't get that same sense from the movie as I did from the book.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Probably because you were seeing a story you already knew. HTH
BlackGold
AG
quote:
Because people that own cats are ****ing crazy.

Ahh it all makes sense now.
BlackGold
AG
quote:
Yeah could have turned up the how evil Amy was in the movie. At the end of the book I was just amazed how awful she was. I didn't get that same sense from the movie as I did from the book.

She seemed pretty evil/hot to me. She could very well be the best chick in the sack of all time, in theory.
AgFB
AG
Nothing like gettin busy with the wife....all the time thinking she may kill you at any moment. Amirite?
BlackGold
AG
quote:
Nothing like gettin busy with the wife....all the time thinking she may kill you at any moment. Amirite?
agmatt06
AG
It seems like there was a miscalculation by Barney:

God-Family-Friends-Ag FB
quote:
Nature's greatest aphrodisiac.
PooDoo
AG
But what a way to go...
Al Bula
AG
Oh damn, the side piece was the blurred lines chick. That's all that matters.

Otherwise, ehh....

Chipotlemonger
AG
She's a pretty damn good Instagram follow.
Big Al 1992
AG
Bump for those like me Redboxing it.

At first pretty obvious Affleck was acting so
Guilty that you were sure he didn't do it - way too obvious. Then we start thinking Doogie did it - especially after his very brief appearance at the press conference.
We thought maybe she staged it, but when it was revealed, still blown away.
Started to feel sorry for her when the rednecks took the money and Doogie started creeping on her but still really wanted nick to
Bust her story out in the open.
The female cop was great, especially questioning Amy at the hospital, plugging away at holes in her story.
Why on earth does she leave the hospital with blood still on her?
And I really wish he would've said the speech he was practicing in the mirror on live TV.
Would've liked to seen this in the theater just for the audience reaction of the reveal and the Doogie scene.
InternetFan02
AG
bump for the HBO premier...great movie
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
meh.

i watched it in the theaters....my wife said it was better than the book...book must have sucked. And no, she did not psoiler anything for me...

it was alright. no performances wowed me at all...very flat.

the plot.....predictable really.

it has been running on cable now so i've wacthed again...serious problems:

she shows up at home covered in blood, goes to hospital, treated and interviweed and released....and nobody cleaned any of the blood off her?!?!?!?!

and ummmm...she was supposed to have a suffered a big head wound from the club...no head wound and nobody checks???

the stuff in the shed was never explained...she just got away with telling the investigator chick she was feeling tired and they never asked again.....cuz the investigation was bungled so she gets a pass on all questioning....uh huh.

the whole video seup at the guys place in the woods....did they not rewind more than a few hours....hello. he was coming and going a lot and she never escaped before.....might have seen he r wandering around not restrained.

the chick at the ozarks notel never recognized her...really they spent a lot of time together...just a short haircut and she is unrecognizable.

exactly how did she get pregnant??? his sample was supposedly destroyed (i doubt a doctors office would go along with faking that)....how did she get a sample???...who performed the procedure and yet would not speak up about it later?.....not to mention the odds of it taking.
Chipotlemonger
AG
You're not the best at suspending a little reality, are you?
LCE
AG
How far did she drive on one tank of gas? Maybe the worst movie I've seen in a long time.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
How far did she drive on one tank of gas? Maybe the worst movie I've seen in a long time.

Oh no! When did she stop and use the restroom?

Speaking of which, when does any movie character stop and use the restroom?!?
Mucho austin
AG
Catheters and a bag on their inner thigh.

You think jack bower has time to spare to stand still for a few seconds?
Ag_07
AG
quote:

Umm hello...Emily Ratajkowski and her 'come on me tits' keep this movie out of any worst movie territory.
Jim01
AG
quote:
exactly how did she get pregnant??? his sample was supposedly destroyed
It was not destroyed. They got a letter saying it would be if they didn't pay the lease. But she paid the lease while Ben thought it was destroyed.
Urban Ag
AG
ok but when in the timeline did she get pregnant? Didn't the neighbor woman at one point tell the cops or the media that Amy was pregnant?

And if that was the case, wouldn't it have been logical for the fertility clinic to have contacted law enforcement once her disappearance was widely known in the media?
Whachutalnbout Willys
AG
quote:
quote:

Oh no! When did she stop and use the restroom?

Speaking of which, when does any movie character stop and use the restroom?!?
I've seen Kiefer Sutherland do stuff for 24 hours straight without stopping to take a leak
DannyDuberstein
AG
nm
aggie93
AG
Just watched it with my bride last night and just read this thread. Interesting movie but more twisted than great. It was obvious something was up and she wasn't dead to me pretty much all along. Agree with those that talk about the massive plot holes though in her just showing up and there is effectively no real investigation of the kidnapping/murder that would have shown pretty easily that it was all BS. Also don't buy that the husband just decides to go along with living with her after everything, he has to know its just a matter of time before she frames him again or kills him.
BQ78
AG
Horrible movie, who was I supposed to care about?
FJB
AG
Once the wife killed Doogie, I was like "surely they'll catch her in a lie at the hospital". Nope. Movie went another dreadful 30 min and ruined a kinda cool story.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Once the wife killed Doogie, I was like "surely they'll catch her in a lie at the hospital". Nope. Movie went another dreadful 30 min and ruined a kinda cool story.

That's a problem for you and some with the book and story itself...not the movie.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
quote:
ok but when in the timeline did she get pregnant? Didn't the neighbor woman at one point tell the cops or the media that Amy was pregnant?

And if that was the case, wouldn't it have been logical for the fertility clinic to have contacted law enforcement once her disappearance was widely known in the media?
You aren't very good at following the story...

1. Yes, the neighbor said Amy was pregnant. Amy used the pregnant neighbor's pee to do a home pregnancy test, without the neighbor knowing it. Remember, she drained the toilet and then gave her neighbor a bunch of iced tea or lemonade or something.

2. Her husband thought their baby making stuff was destroyed because he saw the letter. He never contacted the clinic to ask. It was there the whole time, until she decided she would use it to manipulate him when she came back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.