*****The Walking Dead - Season 5***** TV Show Only

693,737 Views | 4240 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AMW2010
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
What did the people in the sleeping bags/tents die from? Starvation, disease, exposure? It made for a cool shot but it had me wondering.

Several of the sleeping bags appeared to have 1-2 bloody bullet holes, so I'm guessing shot in their sleep.
gigemags-99
AG
If it was one person that killed them, as Daryl suggests, I would bet they were stabbed. Gunshots would wake others up.

What a way to go...really creepy to think about actually. I hope they reveal what happened in a flashback or webisode.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
I don't remember if it was Noah or Daryl, but one of them theorized in the episode that they were all killed by a fellow 'camper' who was reducing competition for food resources.
Bingo
combat wombat™
AG
So someone killed campers in their tents, exited, and zipped the tents back up? Bad writing there.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The fact they were zipped was partly why I chalked it up to guns vs. knives. The sleeping bag blood spots also looked round.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I love the vehicle that Darryl chose to take back. Stealth, speed, fuel efficiency It has none of the above. It's almost like they knew the minibus wasn't going to be there when I got back.
Dro07
AG
probably used so they can bring a huge group of people back
Ol Jock 99
AG
Wasn't the bus still there when they left?
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Didn't Daryl know that Abraham and the others were heading out?
Dro07
AG
good question I can't remember what the situation was when D&C left
Ol Jock 99
AG
D&C were gone before Rick and Abraham got in the fight about leaving. So for all D knows, the bus is still there. My snarky observation stands.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
Well, if that's the case, Rick and The Gang didn't know that the bus was functional. Remember when Abraham told Rick just before their fight that they had fixed it up? So Daryl couldn't have known that.

Snarky observation is toast!!
Dro07
AG
Let the NERD OFF begin!!
91_Aggie
AG
In a city with no electricity and no traffic and no people, a car driving down a street is going to be very loud... chalk up Carol getting hit by the only car driving in Atlanta into the "have to have a huge suspension of disbelief" for some aspects of the show.

Dro07
AG
what are you talking about? You saw the car driving outside when Noah looked out the window so we knew there was a car there.
Agnzona
I initially assumed she did it on purpose.
Centerpole90
AG
Wow. I never considered that she jumped in front of the car. That does not seem smart. She hasn't gathered enough intel from Noah to know what to expect. She doesn't know how badly she would be injured by jumping in front of the car. She just found out about the whole hospital/Noah/Beth thing minutes ago... I just think that would be poor planning.
Dro07
AG
ya that wasn't on purpose i think it was a get the hell out of dodge moment for them
DannyDuberstein
AG
That played a part of what I didn't like about the episode. Carol and Daryl are suddenly bumbling morons that lose their weapons, get plowed by a car (no way was this on purpose), get cornered in a falling car, etc. I was anticipating Carol's entry into the hospital being staged, but that's not how it turned out. They are stone cold survivers, and I thought they could have had them maneuver through necessary checkpoints for the plot with a little less bumbling fluke factor.
Nagler
AG
With losing their weapons, maybe she let her guard downsince they had already been in that room once.

As for getting hit by the car that makes the most sense, she'sjust hauling ass and gets hit by a car. Probably been a while since she's had
to look both ways before crossing a street.
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
have to have a huge suspension of disbelief" for some aspects of the show.

Like the zombies part?
Agnzona
The whole Hospital scenario is dumb.you would not have to injure people to save them and build loyalty. In a post apocalyptic world, most everyone would work for room and board and be extremely loyal, without the violent subterfuge which will ultimately lead to thier downfall. More typically lazy writing.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
You realize they're not injuring them, right? They're finding injured people and healing them up.
Dro07
AG
quote:
The whole Hospital scenario is dumb.you would not have to injure people to save them and build loyalty. In a post apocalyptic world, most everyone would work for room and board and be extremely loyal, without the violent subterfuge which will ultimately lead to thier downfall. More typically lazy writing.
lulz wut?
BigAggie06
AG
quote:
You realize they're not injuring them, right? They're finding injured people and healing them up.

I don't think this is always the case ... It did not look like Carol was hit on accident.

$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't think this is always the case ... It did not look like Carol was hit on accident.

Sweet Jesus.
Dro07
AG
Seven Psycho Ags
I assumed they would cripple and then "save" people from time to time, too. It garauntees there are always going to be servants. Their system is just as much about power as it is "waiting for reinforcements" or whatever. Carol getting hit did look like an accident, though.
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
have to have a huge suspension of disbelief" for some aspects of the show.

Like the zombies part?

That's the basis for the show... we go in with believing there are zombies.

But horrible logic and vans defying physics as they fall from a bridge can take you of the story they telling.

If any of you have been out in the country at night with no other, you know how quiet it can be. And a car driving somewhere can be heard a long way off.

this city would be pretty much deathly silent with no traffic, no electricity, etc.

It's not like the car suddenly cam around a curve and surprised her.
Samsill98
AG
quote:
What did the people in the sleeping bags/tents die from? Starvation, disease, exposure? It made for a cool shot but it had me wondering.
I thought it was kinda funny that there have been walkers who tear open human beings, etc. but these couldn't tear through a tent. It didn't make me want to scream at the sky about a random inconsistency, or rage like some of you, but I did find it funny.
LawAg05
AG
Hearing the car coming - meh. I think you are probably over analyzing this. Would she have been able to hear it? Yes, but no one is disputing that. They knew it was coming. You are talking about the sound of the car as an indicator to how close it was to the group. Two points on this: 1) they were coming from inside a building with doors and 2) the car is coming down a street with high buildings on all sides. This would make the noise echo back and forth between the buildings especially in the absence of all other ambient noise. We are only talking about enough of an echo to prevent them from getting a bead on the car's proximity when they are running in a panic, so the bar isn't very high. Regardless, I didn't even notice this during the episode and isn't that big of a oversight, if one at all.

Van landed on its wheels - I rolled my eyes at this. For some reason it reminded me of Indiana Jones surviving a nuclear explosion in a refrigerator.
Josepi
AG
quote:
In a post apocalyptic world, most everyone would work for room and board and be extremely loyal, without the violent subterfuge which will ultimately lead to thier downfall.
Agreed. All of the post apocalyptic societies I have been a part of were much different than the show.
Lazy writers.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I'm not sure why they had the van initally land on all 4 wheels. I thought they could have had it go nose first, then land back on 4 wheels, its side, whatever, and just played off that the airbags were enough to help prevent serious injury. I was also expecting a lot more walkers to come pouring off of that bridge vs. the 2-3 that fell.
Samsill98
AG
quote:
quote:
In a post apocalyptic world, most everyone would work for room and board and be extremely loyal, without the violent subterfuge which will ultimately lead to thier downfall.
Agreed. All of the post apocalyptic societies I have been a part of were much different than the show.
Lazy writers.
POTD
zap
AG
The van did a 360 flip then landed on it's wheels. Am I the only one who pays attention to this show?
First Page Last Page
Page 47 of 122

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.