*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,443 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:

Oh, one other thing: Coulson sent a team to find Reyna and they all watched as a force field surrounded her and she went poof. They didn't seem too concerned about that this week.

Was that a shield team, or hydra?

I didn't think it was shield.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh, one other thing: Coulson sent a team to find Reyna and they all watched as a force field surrounded her and she went poof. They didn't seem too concerned about that this week.

Was that a shield team, or hydra?

I didn't think it was shield.
It was Hydra.
redline248
AG
I guess I missed the hydra part of that scene.
Stupe
S
quote:
Mack is in trouble now. What's he going to do with Hunter? I also wonder where Simmons is going to come down on the Sky issue. Did anyone notice Coulson called them Fitz and Simmons, rather than Fitzsimmons? Subtle nod to their current relationship?
Yep. I actually backed it up because I thought that I heard him incorrectly.
Stupe
S
I'm such a nerd when it comes to this show.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I thought it was SHIELD, too. Didn't Coulson dispatch a team to bring Raina in earlier in the episode?

Maybe a Hydra team found her first, but I'd assumed it was a shield squad.
Ganondorf
AG
I thought they were shield like y'all.
R0GUE
AG
I went back and watched and I guess it wasn't as clear as I previously thought. But they did seem like they wanted to take her in for her own protection rather than to dissect her or something. So maybe it was SHIELD. Not sure why Coulson would leave that job up to a group of randos though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Apparently Lucy Lawless returns as Isabelle Hartley in March 31st, which is also going to guess star Olmos amongst others.

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/14/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-one-door-closes-synopsis-released-featurin/
jabberwalkie09
AG
The real SHIELD?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Will the real SHIELD please stand up?
The Debt
Skye is a huge vibrator
The Debt
So there are three possibilities:

1) coulsons shield is furys shield, this other group is governed by the shadowed faces from the avengers who wanted to nuke nyc.

2) coulsons shield has been a diversion, kinda to fight the aftermath of CA2, where govt hate shield, coulson job was to repair relations, fury controls the real shield

3) the "real" shield is hydra
wangus12
AG
I assumed the shadowed faces in Avengers were the revealed in Captain America: Winter Soldier as the heads of SHIELD respectively
The Debt
Perhaps, but I find it hard to believe those "governors" didnt have bureaucracies under them that werent under Fury's command.

Even our own CIA has no true central authority, the left hand of the CIA has no clue what the right hand is doing (then realize there are dozens of hands, all blind to each other).

Most intel agencies are operating like multiple, overlapping fiefdoms.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

1) coulsons shield is furys shield, this other group is governed by the shadowed faces from the avengers who wanted to nuke nyc.

2) coulsons shield has been a diversion, kinda to fight the aftermath of CA2, where govt hate shield, coulson job was to repair relations, fury controls the real shield

So I was doing some poking around on google for SHIELD and its comic history, and thought about it a bit but wondered if this might be an adaptation of HAMMER?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

So I was doing some poking around on google for SHIELD and its comic history, and thought about it a bit but wondered if this might be an adaptation of HAMMER?
Probably only loosely if at all.

Victoria Hand was in HAMMER, but she is already dead in the show.

The leader of HAMMER was Norman Osborne, who won't be in the show because of rights issues. HAMMER was made up of bad guys posing as good guys. This just appears to be more good guys who have an issue with the way the other good guys are running things.

HAMMER spun out of Civil War, with the idea being that many of the best heroes were dead or missing (Cap, Iron Man, Thor) and there needed to be an organization to fill the void of not having them around. So this would be a little too early in the timeline for that to occur

So, they might name this offshoot HAMMER, but it would only hold a vague resemblance.
The Debt
I thought the movies were dipping into the civil war
toucan82
teleporting dog >>>>>>>>>>>> teleporting blind guy
TexasAggie_02
AG
so who here feels bad for Coulson if it turns out he was running "Fake SHIELD," so that Fury could rebuild "Old SHIELD," without anyone noticing?

I'm guessing Fury is in charge of the "real" SHIELD, b/c they will need some reason for him to be hanging around in Age of Ultron. Having Fury running a shadow SHIELD will piss of Capt America (he wanted SHIELD and HYDRA gone in Winter Soldier).

Heck, maybe even Maria Hill is working for SHIELD still. Her working for Stark could be a cover. We know in the Cival War comics that Tony wants more oversight of the supers, and Capt doesn't. What if Stark is bankrolling SHIELD? That would help drive the wedge even further leading up to Civil War next year.

Also, with Sony rebooting spiderman and working with the MCU, we might just well see Hammer/Norman Osborne before it's all said and done.
The Debt
Coulsons shield is taking further steps toward registration and classification of powered individuals.
FTACO97
AG
Ok, am I the only one who felt that the group Skye's daddy put together just felt really cheesy? Like B or C-movie type stuff? After all this show has done to feel quality and tie into the movies, this episode felt very cheesy, at least the parts with that team of C-list bad guys.

As for this "other" SHIELD, I don't think it's Fury running it. I think Fury is still supporting the Coulson SHIELD. Have a feeling Edward James Olmos is playing a character who was some mid level leader in SHIELD who has been building it back up on his own since it fell. I could be totally wrong though, Fury can be an a$$ quite often in the comics.

I guess we'll get all the info on what Fury is up to in Avengers Age of Ultron.
Saxsoon
AG
I saw a review that the diner scene gave off a lot of mystery men vibes. I don't know that guy who could make everyone catatonic is pretty op.
BigRobSA
The chick with the razors for fingernails and the dude who did some experimental steroids that lasted indefinitely and the cybergeek were stupid and made no sense from a "super"villain standpoint. How did the coma-voice guy's jaws get like that from a surgery? Really, really dumb.

What is Skye's father's power? He seems crazy, but is that a superpower?

Still liked the episode, in general, but they better bring their A-game with some real powered villains if they're going to pseudo-intro the Inhumans.
Saxsoon
AG
Isn't he a doctor jekyll Mr Hyde type character. You could see some power when he crushed the cup
R0GUE
AG
quote:
They are - but later.
The Debt
quote:
quote:
They are - but later.

Yeah. After ultron. It's clear that there are some schisms going on thanks to stark. Agents of shield is suppose to lay groundwork, right? Well this is the first time shield has ever made mention of enhanced folks being different than innate superheroes
R0GUE
AG
Yup, but prior to Terrigenesis, the only characters who were innately powered in the (known) Marvel Cinematic Universe were Thor and the Asgardians, who are more like an alien species. No body was aware of no-eyes guy, or Skye's mother (well Whitehall and Zabo knew but it wasn't widely known, ie. they weren't on the database).
91_Aggie
AG
quote:
Isn't he a doctor jekyll Mr Hyde type character. You could see some power when he crushed the cup
Speculation is that he is this guy:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Hyde_%28comics%29

and based on his conversation that he was still trying to perfect his formula at the restaurant, that theory is gaining more evidence and that his daughter is Daisy, seems to be correct.

Oh and the fact that Wiki also says it is him.
israeliag
AG
quote:
Yup, but prior to Terrigenesis, the only characters who were innately powered in the (known) Marvel Cinematic Universe were Thor and the Asgardians, who are more like an alien species. No body was aware of no-eyes guy, or Skye's mother (well Whitehall and Zabo knew but it wasn't widely known, ie. they weren't on the database).
Was the pyro in the first season enhanced, or was he a "we-can't-use-the-word-mutant-but-he's-a-mutant"?

I thought it was very dumb that the razor blade lady had metal gloves, and not just had her razors removed.
The Debt
quote:
What about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? I cant recall which epilogue they were part of (was it CA2?) The age of miracles is here... someone has them as prisoners right?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
What about Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver? I cant recall which epilogue they were part of (was it CA2?) The age of miracles is here... someone has them as prisoners right?

Hydra has them. They're either captured Inhumans, or more likely, Inhumans that had their powers activated like Rayna and Skye did and are presumably being controlled by the Mind Gem.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
Was the pyro in the first season enhanced, or was he a "we-can't-use-the-word-mutant-but-he's-a-mutant"?

I thought it was very dumb that the razor blade lady had metal gloves, and not just had her razors removed.

I'm pretty sure that was a result from the same experiments in ironman 3. Forgot what they called it.

Good point about just removing the blades.

Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver were at the end of cap2, held by the hydra agent. As of yet, we don't know the origin of their powers. I think most were assuming they were going to be inhuman.
TexasAggie_02
AG
yeah, i thought razor blade lady was pretty stupid. take the blades out and she's worthless.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
Apparently Lucy Lawless returns as Isabelle Hartley in March 31st, which is also going to guess star Olmos amongst others.

http://comicbook.com/2015/03/14/agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-one-door-closes-synopsis-released-featurin/
so either this will include a flashback, or the obelisk doesn't really kill you. maybe it sends you somewhere (why the hardening and then turning into ash though?). maybe the obelisk transports you via copy, and destroys the original.

Back in december, a pic was tweeted of clark gregg holding a note that said "trip lives." they later said that was a shout out to all the people tweeting "#triplives." This, coupled with Lucy Lawless returning, could mean that it is not a flashback.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.