*****Marvels Agents of SHIELD - Season 2*****

87,368 Views | 746 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TajMaballer
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season 1 Thread here for those just now jumping in: http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2376207

Some good stuff in the premiere, I thought. The twist with Fitz I did not see coming until right before the reveal and it really made me feel bad for him.

I'm not sure what to think about Ward. His turn last season was really shocking and I was really hoping they would kill him at then end of the season. I dont trust him at all, but I don't know if I'm looking forward to some kind of mind games scene with Skye every episode from now on. Still think they should have killed him.

I thought Crusher Creel was a really good pull for a villain. I would love to see them work their way up to a Masters of Evil, maybe with the new German guy standing in for Zemo.

I also liked the footage with Agent Carter, definitely looking forward to the new show.

What did everyone think?
CGSC Lobotomy
Creel is a Hulk villain. May be a way to introduce Jen Walters as well.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
I thought he was a Thor villain?
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought he was a Thor villain?
You're both right. Started out as a Thor villian but has also had run ins with the Hulk.
Red Five
AG
He has had general run-ins with the Avengers as a whole as well. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing She-Hulk, but I think non-comic readers would roll their eyes.
CGSC Lobotomy
The way you introduce her is fairly simple, but it requires a 2-3 episode arc with Mark Ruffalo:

Creel steals something from Avengers' Tower that is directly related to something Dr. Banner is working on. Coulson's team enlists his help in order to track the material.

It just so happens at this time that his cousin, Jen Walters, a recent graduate of Columbia Law is visiting him. She is told by Bruce to stay behind and not get involved.

She finds Creel first, calls the police, and confronts him. Before Banner can get on the scene, Creel has taken out the cops and one of the bullets ricochets during the gunfight and hits Walters. Before she blacks out, she notices that Creel has dropped the item, goes to get it, and hides.

Bruce gets there at the aftermath, hulks out, and beats the **** out of Creel, who eventually gets away. As Wallters is being taken to the hospital, Coulson informs him that she needs a transfusion immediately and he's the only compatible donor who would be able to get there in time. The first episode ends right after the transfusion.

Second episode begins with Creel reporting to Kraken about what happened. He wants to go back and finish her off, but is told that he would attract too much attention and that they will send an interrogation/hit team to take care of it. While Banner and Coulson are arguing about what is going to happen to Walters and the potential side effects of the transfusion, the hit squad arrives, takes out the guards, then enters to extract the information. As they come in, Jennifer wakes up, sees the first man draw his weapon, and starts panicking...the camera zooms into her face as her eyes start to glow green.

A male scream is heard as both men are sent flying through the hospital wall and all hell breaks loose. Coulson's team goes to her room and looks only to see a broken hospital bed and a massive hole where the window should have been. In the background, you hear a roar that sounds distinctly female.

Episode 3 would show Jen coming to terms with what happened, Bruce trying to help her out...Hulk Smash and She-Hulk Stomp.

Obviously that doesn't have all of the filler it would take to make 3 48 minute episodes, but you get the picture.
texasaggie04
AG
Do we have any ideas what the obelisk is? It seemed to have the same patterns on it as the crazy stuff that Coulson/Skye are trying to decipher.
Dro07
AG
The fitz thing sucked. I kinda caught it early but I thought that Simmons had died instead of leaving. Good start to the season.
swimmerbabe11
Sucks that I was so excited about Lucy Lawless being in it. Her part wasn't that exciting at all.

Otherwise, I thought it was great.

grr. argh.
CGSC Lobotomy
Look up the "Forever Stone".
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I wonder if the Obelisk is connected to the Infinite Stones. Marvel still needs to account for where a few of them are. It might make sense to wrap a season of Agents of Shield around one so the Movies don't have to shoehorn all of them in before Avengers 3.
R0GUE
AG
^
If so, maybe the soul gem/stone? Like it steals your life essence until you die?
Saxsoon
AG
Haven't finished yet but this feels like a different show.

The new guys and Skye's attitude really seem to address the young sexy team with no experience from season 1. Really glad Triplett has stuck around.

Seeing Agent Carter and Cap's buddies was an awesome way to start the season.
israeliag
AG
Was the actress playing Skye wearing a wig?

Good play with FitzSimmons, IMO, from a story perspective. Hopefully that wasn't the last we'll have seen of Simmons, but the Fitz angle will be interesting to see played out, and should allow for a bigger part for Patton Oswalt as the tech guy.
Natasha Romanoff
I hope Simmons comes back and I'm bummed how bad Fitz is. But this show is awesome. It's come along so well after a somewhat slow start. One of my favorites currently.
Saxsoon
AG
That was an incredibly strong start to the season. Tonally different show entirely. Glad it didn't jump immediately into monster of the week territory and explored some further aftermath of SHIELD disintegrating.
Saxsoon
AG
And 10 bucks the Obelisk is an infinity stone.
Dr. Horrible
quote:
I hope Simmons comes back and I'm bummed how bad Fitz is. But this show is awesome. It's come along so well after a somewhat slow start. One of my favorites currently.
Same here. But that's what makes the show good. If all was perfect and as expected, then it would be boring.
Natasha Romanoff
Well I'm the type that wants the guy to get the girl, the walk off hit to make it out of the park, the winning TD to be scored, and the bad guy to get nabbed in the end.

But I see your point and begrudgingly agree.
swimmerbabe11
Don't worry, we'll get the FitzSimmons duo back, I'm sure.
bearamedic99
AG
Could someone remind me what was going on with Mike/Deathlok when we saw him last? Is he "out there" and available for future appearances? Overall, I was pleased with the new tone of the show and the mix up of the team. It'll be fun to see if Fitz becomes a crazy villain and I was very happy how they pulled off a powered villain.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
Could someone remind me what was going on with Mike/Deathlok when we saw him last? Is he "out there" and available for future appearances? Overall, I was pleased with the new tone of the show and the mix up of the team. It'll be fun to see if Fitz becomes a crazy villain and I was very happy how they pulled off a powered villain.

I think he wandered off to do his own thing. Will probably be an occasional ally / occasional foe pending whether his interests align with SHIELD's or not any given week.
texasaggie04
AG
I ponder if Fitz will accidentally set ward free later.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
I ponder if Fitz will accidentally set ward free later.

I just hope they resolve Fitz's condition soon. Revealing the twist was one of the premier's best moments, but Fitz forgetting the last word of every thought got old in a hurry.
redline248
AG
Show is better with genius Fitz, and it's already pretty good.
Natasha Romanoff
quote:
Show is better with genius Fitz, and it's already pretty good.

Agree. His quirkiness added to the funny parts of the show.
gravy97
AG
My thought on Fitz after last season was they were going to give him some kind of superpower to "Fix" him. I guess something like that could still be in play. Surely they won't just keep him around "broken" and waiting for him to heal.
Red Five
AG
I would think they have to resolve it fairly quickly. Imaginary Simmons worked well this episode, but I would think they have to get her back on the show in a real capacity soon, and I'm not sure how long they can drag out the same kind of tension before it gets kind of stale.
swimmerbabe11
quote:

I think he wandered off to do his own thing. Will probably be an occasional ally / occasional foe pending whether his interests align with SHIELD's or not any given week.

They have announced that this is a thing. He'll be back. Plus, with a new Deathlok book, it stands to reason that Deathlok could be a future "Finding Carter" type series.
swimmerbabe11
I've been thinking about it and I think they kind of took the easy way out with Ward. I wish they had actually shown some of the angst and the turnaround that made him anti-hydra/skye obsessed. He's not the same character at all and its wierd. I just think we should have gotten to see more of that transition.

I also don't like Skye's new hair. I hate when an actress makes a big aesthetic change and its not addressed at all in the show.

Saxsoon
AG
I kind of like the messy look

Are Fitz and Simmons still considered series regulars?
redline248
AG
They both have the same number of listed episodes as all the other regulars on IMDB, if that means anything.
Dro07
AG
quote:
I've been thinking about it and I think they kind of took the easy way out with Ward. I wish they had actually shown some of the angst and the turnaround that made him anti-hydra/skye obsessed. He's not the same character at all and its wierd. I just think we should have gotten to see more of that transition.

I also don't like Skye's new hair. I hate when an actress makes a big aesthetic change and its not addressed at all in the show.

I am sure the Ward thing may be done in flashbacks.

Skye's hair was done so you can see that time has gone by since the last season. She is more of a BA because she has been training. Thats them addressing the hair on the show.
Squirrel Master
AG
quote:
I'm not sure what to think about Ward. His turn last season was really shocking and I was really hoping they would kill him at then end of the season. I dont trust him at all, but I don't know if I'm looking forward to some kind of mind games scene with Skye every episode from now on. Still think they should have killed him.

As someone who watched Alias, the bad guy who can provide valuable intel but will only share it will one person who doesn't want to see them is a pretty tired plot device. More recently, you could say Blacklist works sort of the same way, but not exactly.
meteorag06
AG
Someone please explain what's going on. Is the curly haired lady an alien or hybrid?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.