***Sons of Anarchy: Season 7***

130,687 Views | 889 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by ChipFTAC01
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I thought the last two episodes were a much needed return to the style of the first and second seasons. Who cares if the ending was predictable? I thought it was good.

Agreed. Both episodes reminded me of why I liked the show.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
I thought the last two episodes were a much needed return to the style of the first and second seasons. Who cares if the ending was predictable? I thought it was good.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Wish they would have closed it out with Midnight Rider though.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Wish it hadn't been so predictable.
cr0wbar
AG
Just finished. Did like the last shot of Jax with his arms open. Pretty cool.

Other than that, SEE YA
Mr.Bond
AG
Pretty cool that Michael Chiklis was driving the truck. That was probably very predictable after last week but I didn't see it coming
UnderoosAg
AG
Jeeessssuuuuusss H.R. Pufenstuf Christ!!!!! This pompous ass MF is interviewing himself on the after abortion.

Old Harley, uphill, release the throttle....they usually slow down.

Did anyone else expect E.T. to pop out of a saddlebag and make Jax fly away from the cops?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Sutter is injecting his veins with Sutter.
TX AG 88
AG
Sutter shaking like a leaf and rambling on in the afterbirth show. Either coked out or just so thrilled with himself he's giddy.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
The last scene was 5 seconds too long.. I actually liked the song montage, but that CGI at the very end was horrible. Should of just ended as it panned from his face...
Stive
AG
Can someone explain the piece of cake on the side of the road? It was also the same piece of cake that the ghost/homeless girl had.
Mr.Bond
AG
quote:
Can someone explain the piece of cake on the side of the road? It was also the same piece of cake that the ghost/homeless girl had.

I believe so
TitanAGGIE09
AG
quote:
quote:

I believe so

I took that away as well. What it meant? No clue
chasep2820
AG
Jax died for the sins of the club. bread and wine shared with disciples at last supper. That's what I get from the last scene with bread and blood
UnderoosAg
AG
quote:

Even the homeless and the birds are celebrating this 5hit ending. So they had cake. Sutter said the homeless lady is "whatever you want it to be".
Ag_07
AG
I thought it was incredibly stupid.

C'mon... After all his loyalty I think Jax would've liked to have gone out meeting Mr. Mayhem. In any gang the biggest honor is dying for your club and I think that would've come off as a more corrective action. Kinda of like Jax sacrificing himself for the betterment of his family, both his club family and real family.

Any way that would've had him go down fixing things and not just a coincidence of him seeing a cop and then the coincidence of him seeing the 18 wheeler.

And I've still got the afterword going and they're laughing both admitting they're hammered.
wangus12
AG
I always thought that the homeless chick was represented Death. She always was around when someone died starting with Opie's first wife I think.
Trustmyvoice
AG
It wasn't cake, it was bread and wine. Or wine soaked bread at the end....
jtmoney03
AG
I thought it was an okay finale. However, and I know that Sutter is a little ****ed in the head...but there has not been, at least to my recollection, any real religious undertones in the entire series (save Gemma talking to a priest for awhile). I don't understand the need to make Jax out to be Jesus and dying for the sins of the club. The last scene would have been perfectly fine, outstretched arms, going out free of the mess he created and ended and dying like his father. That was a huge stretch to make that comparison and frankly, an unneeded one.
AboveAndBeyond
quote:
I always thought that the homeless chick was represented Death. She always was around when someone died starting with Opie's first wife I think.

I saw her as the ghost of the girl JC killed in his crash. An angel of death of sorts.
AboveAndBeyond
http://brainbusteronline.com/#article/279

http://www.forumforpages.com/facebook/sons-of-anarchy-discussion-fanpage/hamlet/852521591/0

Some reading to maybe shed some light on the what/how/why.
aggiepaintrain
AG
So we went from just an awful show to blasphemy.
zap
AG
She was a spectre. Always there when characters were close to death.

*TO gets patched in. They may be murderous criminals, but they're not racist.
*I don't even know what they did with Connor/IRA guns. I don't care. Most of that stuff is so "thin" that I just zoned out.
*I enjoyed the final Red Woody production.
*One final CHiPs/A-Team style car chase involving a classic GTO.
*Jax destroys all evidence of his father's memoirs, as well as his own journals.
*I fell asleep when Jax was saying goodbye to Nero, Wendy, etc. Guess I'll have to rewatch.
*When they shot Happy in the arm (point blank, with a large caliber round) I thought Jax was going to live. I was releaved when I realized he was going out like Jon Bon Jovi in a blaze of glory.
*Marks and Barowski meet Mr. Mayhem.
*I loved the shot of all the cops in pursuit of Jax at the end.
*Abel stills has the ring. Thanks, Gemma.
*I really liked the final song.
*Sutter interviews himself on the aftershow = classic Sutter.

Centerpole90
AG
Jax was the savior of the club. Jax died for the sins of the club. Heavy symbology of body and blood with the wine and bread. "Wherefore if you drink of this cup and take of this bread, think of me." Holy Smokes - Sutter thinks he wrote the Bible! I guess bikers have more time to scoot than the Israelites did; that bread didn't look very unleavened to me.

All I can say is I'm glad its over, finally. That Sugarland Express/Slow White Bronco slow speed chase was just about more than I could take.

Tig REALLY did end the series in Venus' arms. I mean, we all laughed about it, but wow, I don't know if I REALLY expected it.
TexAggee05
AG
I guess I missed this, but what happened to the *******s? Why did TO need/want to get patched in SAMCRO?
jackie childs
quote:
C'mon... After all his loyalty I think Jax would've liked to have gone out meeting Mr. Mayhem. In any gang the biggest honor is dying for your club and I think that would've come off as a more corrective action.
yep. if the club wasn't going to kill him, i'd have rather them not voted on it. and why was jax happy about it? those dudes just lied to you and ignored a unanimous vote. that wasn't the plan and now he's gotta go on a joyride and look for some rig to drive in front of.

and oh my, the CGI
Post removed:
by user
zap
AG
He did meet Mr. Mayhem, just not in the usual way. Jax knew he had to die, but at least he leveraged his death to help SAMCRO, his kids and his baby mama.
Ag_07
AG
Jax didn't know he had to die. Hell he didn't even plan on it.

If he hadn't seen that cop randomly at his father's death site he would've rode off into the sunset unharmed.

In the end his death had nothing to do with saving SAMCRO, his kids, whatever. It was simply a random act of escape that only came to fruition after he was chased/cornered by the cops and even further only after a "random" big rig passes.
Post removed:
by user
3 William 56
AG
quote:

If he hadn't seen that cop randomly at his father's death site he would've rode off into the sunset unharmed.

In the end his death had nothing to do with saving SAMCRO, his kids, whatever. It was simply a random act of escape that only came to fruition after he was chased/cornered by the cops and even further only after a "random" big rig passes.

You serious Clark?

It was clear the entire episode he was preparing for his death...between providing Nero all that documentation and riding around shooting Marks and the crooked cop (boroski (sp)) it's very evident that he knows he's on short time.

And if all that didn't tip you off his last quote to the club saying "I got this" was exactly what Opie said to him when he knew he was going to die in that prison/jail fight. Opie was done, he lost his wife, his marriage to Lila, his father, he was spent and was ready to end it...that's why when he looks at Jax and says "I got this" he was at peace, as was Jax...he wasn't happy, he was at peace.
zap
AG
quote:

Seemed fairly premeditated when he said "goodbye" to everyone he loved and signed over all his property to Wendy.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:

haha, what the **** are you talking about?
aggieactor01
AG
quote:
I guess I missed this, but what happened to the *******s? Why did TO need/want to get patched in SAMCRO?
I wasn't sure about this one either. I thought they were patching over the whole club - Theo and all. I must have missed it too.

I agree with the above I thought the show got back a little bit to why we liked it originally, but I still think the ending was a little cheesy. I would have preferred that Jax meet Mr. Mayhem.

Chibs ending up Prez was nice. He's been one of my favorites the whole series.

All in all I agree with whoever said it above, I was more ok with this ending than the Dexter ending for sure.
Ag_07
AG
Ok he knew he had to die but he was preparing to do it by the terms of the Mayhem vote.

When he wasn't he saw an out and planned to ride away and escape. Otherwise he would've been adamant on Chibbs killing him or he would've done it there at the warehouse when he realized they weren't killing him.

My whole deal is that Jax should've gone down with a purpose making the biggest sacrifice for his club and his family. His Mack truck meets Panhead ghost ride was not a purpose but more of a last resort only way out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.