Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,065,609 Views | 44210 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by maroon barchetta
samurai_science
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redline248 said:

Very well could be. Someone who out nerds me in Star Wars lore will have to chime in on the red blade, though.
Back when Star Wars was good this was the reason:

"However, the defining feature of Sith lightsabers was the use of synthetic crystals, as opposed to the Adegan and Ilum crystals favored by the Jedi. Almost all synthetic crystals used by the Sith featured a red coloration, as a result of the forging process used to create them, though adjustments to this process and manipulations through the Force did result in crystals of different colors."
fig96
AG
YouBet said:

jokershady said:

TCTTS said:

I find this very hard to believe...

I could come up with reasons why they'd fib about this but it'll be a big derail….

So let's just say it's due to trying to hype up Disney + to show its profitable…..

But on the official Star Wars YouTube channel it only shows 7 million views…..so while yes there's other means of watching a trailer, there's no way it's at 50+ million….

For comparison, the YouTube channel for Entertainment Tonight also posted the trailer and it's only at 39k views….
I don't even have to look at numbers. Common sense says a trailer with no recognizable actor taking place in a time period only the truly hardcore fans even know about would ever get more views than Obi Wan or Ashoka which were probably two of the most anticipated shows Disney+ has put out.

People were salivating over both those shows including myself. We never anticipated the first one would be one of the biggest disappointments and laughably inept shows we've seen in the last five years and the second one would just be average to good depending on the episode.
I think you overestimate the audience that had any idea who Ahsoka was, not sure that Obi Wan was that anticipated outside the hardcore fanbase either.

I have no idea what the actual numbers are, but the trailer has a different tone and some cool action in it, I can see this appealing more to a casual fan than very specific character driven shows.
redline248
AG
Right, so were/are the Sith the only ones that know the process?
twilly
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
twilly said:

What order will they be shown is the big question.
Decay
AG
The only 3 that matter will be in the correct order.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It's fake news. Source was a random ass outlet a couple weeks ago that just makes **** up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nevermind. I guess that article from a few weeks back fell ass backwards into a real thing?

https://www.starwars.com/news/skywalker-saga-marathon#:~:text=Lucasfilm%20announced%20today%20that%20in,known%20as%20Star%20Wars%20Day.
YouBet
AG
fig96 said:

YouBet said:

jokershady said:

TCTTS said:

I could come up with reasons why they'd fib about this but it'll be a big derail….

So let's just say it's due to trying to hype up Disney + to show its profitable…..

But on the official Star Wars YouTube channel it only shows 7 million views…..so while yes there's other means of watching a trailer, there's no way it's at 50+ million….

For comparison, the YouTube channel for Entertainment Tonight also posted the trailer and it's only at 39k views….
I don't even have to look at numbers. Common sense says a trailer with no recognizable actor taking place in a time period only the truly hardcore fans even know about would ever get more views than Obi Wan or Ashoka which were probably two of the most anticipated shows Disney+ has put out.

People were salivating over both those shows including myself. We never anticipated the first one would be one of the biggest disappointments and laughably inept shows we've seen in the last five years and the second one would just be average to good depending on the episode.
I think you overestimate the audience that had any idea who Ahsoka was, not sure that Obi Wan was that anticipated outside the hardcore fanbase either.

I have no idea what the actual numbers are, but the trailer has a different tone and some cool action in it, I can see this appealing more to a casual fan than very specific character driven shows.

We will have to agree to disagree.

But you are wrong.
PatAg
AG
YouBet said:

jokershady said:

TCTTS said:

Ironically, it could be all the tweets raging about the trailer for various reasons artifically inflated the numbers on Twitter from people clicking to read/reply on. Wonder if you actually have to press play for it to count as a view or just look at the tweet.
TCTTS
AG
That would actually be pretty hilarious.
MASAXET
AG
PatAg said:

YouBet said:

jokershady said:

TCTTS said:

Ironically, it could be all the tweets raging about the trailer for various reasons artifically inflated the numbers on Twitter from people clicking to read/reply on. Wonder if you actually have to press play for it to count as a view or just look at the tweet.

I'm sure that's it. It's similar to people saying how many millions viewed the Tucker Carlson / Putin interview - the "views" included all twitter impressions. So if a clip of the interview ended up on your feed, they counted it as a "view" even if you didn't sit down and watch it

(ETA: not necessarily the "raging" part, but just people "viewing" it on twitter)
TCTTS
AG

Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Several years ago, I did an all day Indiana Jones marathon at the theater. Good Lord, is 9 movies in one day gonna be a real ass killer or what, I don't care how comfortable the seats are.
#FJB
jokershady
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Several years ago, I did an all day Indiana Jones marathon at the theater. Good Lord, is 9 movies in one day gonna be a real ass killer or what, I don't care how comfortable the seats are.
if they go back to back all 9 films with no breaks that's at least around 20 hours….hows this gonna work?

Who wants to bet which movie is the LEAST watched?
TCTTS
AG
You literally could not pay me. Doesn't matter how good the movies are.

I don't even think I could do one of the trilogies in a day. Or, if I did, I'd need formal meal breaks in between, where I could hit up a restaurant or something and then come back.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't even think I could do one of the trilogies in a day. Or, if I did, I'd need formal meal breaks in between, where I could hit up a restaurant or something and then come back.
I would do a trilogy in a day, but that is still approaching 9 hours if they have half hour breaks between movies. I would do the PT and OT but skip the ST.
#FJB
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

IN
YouBet
AG
This sounds horrific.
The Porkchop Express
TCTTS said:

What if it was 3 showings of Dune, Dune 2, and Twister back to back, and that cute girl you didn't talk to from the DUne Imax wanted you to sit next to her?
TCTTS
AG
The Collective
AG
Decay said:

The only 3 that matter will be in the correct order.

They ruined those 3 too…

Nooooooooo
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah I can't do it either.

Why they didn't do a trilogy a day is beyond me. That's more manageable, though even that is stretching it.
maroon barchetta
We did a LOTR trilogy in a day during the freeze in 2021 because we had power but no internet.

Extended edition DVD's FTW.
The Porkchop Express
My 75 year old dad is in for the 9 movie marathon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
This seems like bad scheduling...

maroon barchetta
Terrible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Who the hell scheduled this mess.

Should've been something like this:

PT: 6 pm - 1 am
OT: 10 am - 5 pm
ST: 7 pm - 2 am
The Porkchop Express
You guys crack me up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4zXepQN4MX/
Dekker_Lentz
AG
Disney bringing Hayden Christensen back into the fold and giving him some meaningful work has been positive for the franchise.

He took a lot of abuse for a lot of things that weren't necessarily his fault.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-new-hope-clone-wars-deleted-reference/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Agreed. It would be great to see the same happen for Jake Lloyd (even if just in an ambassador capacity for Celebration and other such events), but that seems unlikely given the recent news of his schizophrenia.
TCTTS
AG
Had no idea this was all the same guy...

First Page Last Page
Page 1256 of 1264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.