Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,064,968 Views | 44207 Replies | Last: 14 hrs ago by ja86
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Had no idea this was all the same guy...

that deficiency should require a 7 day self-enforced ban
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
I always thought that General Veers had some sort of spatial awareness deficiency because he is standing way too close to Vader when they are about to invade Hoth.

maroon barchetta

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Vader would clearly just use the force.
TCTTS
AG
maroon barchetta

The Porkchop Express
maroon barchetta said:

YouBet
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Poor Penny. And you can see it in her face. Having to stand next to a smoke show like Carrie.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C46aemaP6e6
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Welll fortunately someone noticed that leaving the fuel sequence in would mean Obi and Ani were covered in gasoline for the rest o the fight vs. Grievous/Dooku, but man that is frustrating, there is a lot more interesting movie hidden in there if you max out the Dooku, Palpatine, the nascent Rebellion, and the Qui-Gon scene.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The start of the Rebellion with Mon Mothma was the biggest loss for sure. It's cool she got to come back in Andor even though her scenes were deleted though.
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
Wearing the clothes of your carbonite frozen, possibly dead acquaintance lover while driving the car he won from you years back…..

I mean…that's gotta be somebodies fetish…
The Porkchop Express
jokershady said:

Wearing the clothes of your carbonite frozen, possibly dead acquaintance lover while driving the car he won from you years back…..

I mean…that's gotta be somebodies fetish…
I mean, Lando literally emerges from the shadows of the room they're keeping Leia' body in to give Poe a pep talk in TROS.

Although I always felt Lando was giving himself a little too much credit including himself in the big 3. Kinda like when Isaiah Thomas used to talk about him, Magic, Michael, and Larry running the NBA.
maroon barchetta

The Porkchop Express
For the 25th anniversary of TPM, Marvel is releasing a one-shot of the film as a comic told entirely from Anakin's point of view including a look into the line "I had a dream I was a Jedi, I came back here and freed all the slaves" as well as what appears to be the moment Obi-wan tells him Qui-Gon is dead.

https://www.starwars.com/news/marvel-star-wars-the-phantom-menace
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express
New looks at the Acolyte

https://ew.com/star-wars-the-acolyte-exclusive-first-photos-dafne-keen-jecki-lon-8622948
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I absolutely cannot stand that digital, sterile look these shows have had.
tk for tu juan
They are going for that earth tone chalk color that is on over 50% of new cars
The Porkchop Express
I think it is probably going to be in the beat interest of my mental health to find a non TexAgs board to discuss The Acolyte on
Ornithopter
AG
She was great in Logan, hopefully she can do well here too.
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I think it is probably going to be in the beat interest of my mental health to find a non TexAgs board to discuss The Acolyte on

This show is going to suck as much as your grammar! It's "... a non TexAgs board on which to discuss The Acolyte"! Never end a sentence in a preposition, you piece of Bantha poodoo!
TCTTS
AG
Seriously, though, it would be hilarious if it actually ends up being good.

Personally, I'm expecting something above Ahsoka, but not as good as Andor. Definitely way better than The Mandalorian/The Book of Boba Fett, though.

I'm sure I'll be frustrated by certain choices here and there (not a unique enough setting, the aforementioned cinematography, etc), but I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised overall. Despite all the dumbass controversy, Hedlund is super talented and knows her sh*t.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
This looks like a 90's Star Trek show, which, not to knock the 90s Star Trek shows, but I hope this show is not that.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

That's my Lex
PatAg
AG
I'm convinced The Acolyte is going to rule.
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I absolutely cannot stand that digital, sterile look these shows have had.
while i agree with this regarding BoBF, Mando, and Ashoka....the fact that this show is set in the high republic it does make a little more sense that's it's a bit cleaner and crisper than what we'd like to see more of like Andor regarding the cinematography....hopefully there's a nice blend because i've heard this was done with more practical sets....

my fear is that it's going to be very very average at best....
Dekker_Lentz
AG
I think between Season 1/2 of Mando and Andor is a pretty good spot. I am hoping for some good Sith lore.
Al Bula
AG
TCTTS
AG
"I definitely don't care about the thing I went out of my way to tell you I don't care about."
fig96
AG
MASAXET
AG
fig96 said:

First Page Last Page
Page 1257 of 1264

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.