Why do women do this?

18,045 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SoSLutka10
BR0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Overcommit and work themselves into a frenzy doing a bunch of bull**** nobody asked or expected them to do, and then play martyr and guilt trip you about how they're so busy while you're just hanging out.

NOBODY ****ING ASKED YOU TO MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE, AND MY LIFE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE MISERABLE JUST BECAUSE YOURS IS. DONT VOLUNTEER FOR **** AND THEN EXPECT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SPEND TIME DOING THE **** YOU VOLUNTEERED TO DO.

Women are the worst, other than the sex part.
texasaggie2015
AG
Rule #1
Geralt of Rivia
S
This chick must be hot/think she's hot/have big tits. So I won't care about anything else unless you rule 1.
ShaggySLC
Sounds like my mother in law.
Mort Rainey
If you're in real life half of the whiny baby that you are in this post, I can see why she doesn't respect you or take you seriously
Eliminatus
AG
#facebookstories
sam callahan
Pinterest was created by Zoloft and the Association of Divorce Attorneys just for the reasons in the OP
Tatem
if you're not busy, why don't you offer to help her?
Flogi
Hoars
aTm2004
AG
There are 2 things I live by and continue to try to get my wife to understand...

1. It's OK to tell somebody "no." If you don't have time or want to do something you're asked to do, just say no. It works for more than just drugs.
2. Don't say "no" for them. This one really irritates me. Before we had kids, we watched the sex trophies of a lot of her friends while they went out on a date night or needed a sitter in a pinch for a doctor's appointment or something. Hell, we watched one of her friend's 2 kids while her and her husband went to the panic room thing in Houston a few weeks ago. Now, when we're in that situation, she's reluctant to ask them and she makes excuses for them. Usually, it's "they have their own kids and don't want to watch any more" or "they're too busy." I have to remind her that we watched their kids when we had busy schedules, and to let them tell her "no." If they do, we know what type of people they really are. She's asked a couple of times, and low and behold, they had no problem watching our kids for a couple of hours. Who'dve thunk it?
aTm2004
AG
quote:
Because coming to her rescue all of the time teaches her that she'll always be bailed out. Letting her suffer shows her there are consequences to her being a pushover.
CrottyKid
AG
Amen OP.

And the dirty clothes or clean dishes in the dishwasher will still be there in the morning. There is no reason to stay up later just to cram in more work that will still be there tomorrow and has no deadline. When it is bedtime, shut it down and go to sleep. How hard is that?
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Why don't you offer an alcoholic another beer?

Damn enablers
george92
Lol. You guys are getting a taste of married life at its best. Wish I could say it gets better but lying to you won't help the situation. It's why God created Happy Hour. Just don't turn it into Happy 4 Hours like I did and risk the loss of half.
Beer Baron
AG
I thought they only did this when they went from being "women" to being "moms." It's a trait that's carried on the same gene as the one that makes them worry about the autism in vaccines, or obsess about how unsafe that place you want to go is.
randy828
AG
quote:
Lol. You guys are getting a taste of married life at its best. Wish I could say it gets better but lying to you won't help the situation. It's why God created Happy Hour. Just don't turn it into Happy 4 Hours like I did and risk the loss of half.

Serious Lee
so this is just like a check-in thread for married guys, right?
Tatem
I didn't know offering to help someone was enabling
sorry

i appreciate when my husband helps me.
laundry doesn't fold itself
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I didn't know offering to help someone was enabling
sorry

i appreciate when my husband helps me.
laundry doesn't fold itself

I wasn't aware that you volunteered to do chores around the house. I just thought that was part of being an adult.

Pretty sure the OP us talking about women volunteering to do stuff for friends, family, church or school when t they don't have the resources to do deliver.
wbt5845
AG
This is just another in the long line of ways that women lie to themselves.

Makeup to lie about how you look - high heels to lie about how long your legs are - foundation underwear to lie about how slim you are. The lies are easy to extrapolate into the rest of your life - lie about how much you can get done, lie about your number of sex partners, lie about your "significant other" when it's really just a guy you're screwing.

The *****ing about it all is just her having little glimpses of reality. Best advice is to let her swing that door wide open and see all her lies. The light of day is the best disinfectant.
Schrute
quote:

Makeup to lie about how you look - high heels to lie about how long your legs are - foundation underwear to lie about how slim you are. The lies are easy to extrapolate into the rest of your life - lie about how much you can get done, lie about your number of sex partners, lie about your "significant other" when it's really just a guy you're screwing.

The *****ing about it all is just her having little glimpses of reality. Best advice is to let her swing that door wide open and see all her lies. The light of day is the best disinfectant.
Dayum!
Humorous Username
AG
quote:

But if they go to confession, they're all good. Right?
Humorous Username
AG
quote:
Overcommit and work themselves into a frenzy doing a bunch of bull**** nobody asked or expected them to do, and then play martyr and guilt trip you about how they're so busy while you're just hanging out.

NOBODY ****ING ASKED YOU TO MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE, AND MY LIFE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE MISERABLE JUST BECAUSE YOURS IS. DONT VOLUNTEER FOR **** AND THEN EXPECT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SPEND TIME DOING THE **** YOU VOLUNTEERED TO DO.

Sounds like you got involved with a Minnesota Lutheran.
Ag_EE
AG
quote:

80s Guy
Sounds like the OP married the first girl that let him play hide the weiner.

When you stop putting ***** on a pedestal, you'd be amazed that not all women are completely psycho.
Humorous Username
AG
You must have missed his diatribe on women a week or so ago. A truly fascinating look into the mind of a poster.
Professor Frick
AG
The real question for OP and all the others that seem to have this problem is: why did you marry flighty, feeble-minded women and then spend the rest of your lives complaining about how flighty and feeble-minded they are?
My wife is perhaps one of the busiest people I've ever known, but she doesn't get stressed and act crazy, and doesn't nag at me when I want to relax.

Sounds like you guys just made poor life partner decisions. Good luck with that.
80s Guy
quote:
The real question for OP and all the others that seem to have this problem is: why did you marry flighty, mentally fragile women and then spend the rest of your lives complaining about how flighty and mentally fragile they are?
My wife is perhaps one of the busiest people I've ever known, but she doesn't get stressed and act crazy, and doesn't nag at me when I want to relax.

Sounds like you guys just made poor life partner decisions. Good luck with that.

Well said
ac04
and another thing is that women be shoppin! lmbo
BombayAg
quote:

lol
wait till you get married.
BombayAg
quote:

yeah man, i believe every woman is like this.
Every effin race, every effin nationality, every effin color.

it's in the dna of wimmens.

OP has to get married to see how she becomes when she has more hold over him hahhahahaa

it aint for nothing wimmen are all BSC
Professor Frick
AG
Any other poster, it would be clear they were being sarcastic here.
LupinusTexensis
Sounds like all of you people have completely normal and healthy relationships with women.
Max06
AG
Because she's seeking 1) validation 2) attention
EFE
AG
quote:
Sounds like all of you people have completely normal and healthy relationships with women.

As long as a gal can keep me fed, fcked, and folded, we get along just fine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.