Why do women do this?

18,085 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SoSLutka10
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Never understood the kind of man that wants their wife to stay at home instead of also work.
My wife stayed home when the kids were little. When you considered how expensive daycare was, and the fact we didn't want strangers raising our little ones, it was an easy choice.

Once they didn't need daycare she got her ass back to work.
riverrataggie
AG
quote:
Never understood the kind of man that wants their wife to stay at home instead of also work.

My wife works and brings in some coin. I love it. Hell she gives me a rent check each month. Have separate accounts and everything. I spend it on scotch!
vin1041
AG
I do what I can around the house to help keep the household functioning.

The rib vents all the time, but over the years I have learned to listen and the let it go! Also learned that I can be right or I can be happy!

Ag_EE
AG
quote:
Yeah, me neither... eye roll..

Post removed:
by user
TheMasterplan
I think most men usually don't want to do dishes after dinner so they get left to the next day. That's why it's vital that the dishes get unloaded quickly so it's not AS BAD to do the dishes.

Handwashing can be left until the next day.

Agree with the shut down to sleep. Men are just wired that way but it gets us in trouble when women wanna have serious conversations while laying in bed at night post-sex. WE HAVE SHUT DOWN. Usually best just to tell her to leave it to the next day so you can sleep.
TheMasterplan
quote:
quote:

I never understood the kind of man who wants strangers to raise his young children vs his wife so he can earn a few more bucks.
Agreed. You're more likely to be able to hang out together much more with only one spouse working.

HowdyOutbound
quote:
quote:
Just remember to clean the house before you leave for vacation. You don't want those burglars thinking you're a slob.

My wife does this and must clean the house before we leave. She will even be neurotic and want all dishes clean and unloaded before we leave. She is always so stressed before trips because of this but she can't fathom not coming back to a house that isn't clean. I really just try and avoid her now before trips and help with the kids because she is all moody from being stressed. It sometimes takes the wind out of the sails before we even leave.

The rib does the same damn thing in my house, but she waits until the 11th hour before she starts cleaning and then is rushing to pack up all her stuff.
aeon-ag
quote:
Overcommit and work themselves into a frenzy doing a bunch of bull**** nobody asked or expected them to do, and then play martyr and guilt trip you about how they're so busy while you're just hanging out.

NOBODY ****ING ASKED YOU TO MAKE YOUR LIFE MISERABLE, AND MY LIFE DOES NOT HAVE TO BE MISERABLE JUST BECAUSE YOURS IS. DONT VOLUNTEER FOR **** AND THEN EXPECT ME TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SPEND TIME DOING THE **** YOU VOLUNTEERED TO DO.

Women are the worst, other than the sex part.
Misery loves company!!!!
Holly Golightly
AG
I'm laughing at this thread because all you husbands also benefit from her cleanliness

If she didn't clean youd all be here *****ing about how lazy your wife is
LupinusTexensis
Pretty sure these little *****es complain more than their wives about useless random crap.
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:

GD it I busted out laughing. It's so true
80s Guy
quote:
I'm laughing at this thread because all you husbands also benefit from her cleanliness

Yeah, but as long as she still puts on the naughty nun outfit, IDGAF what the house looks like
Holly Golightly
AG
quote:
quote:

Yeah, but as long as she still puts on the naughty nun outfit, IDGAF what the house looks like

I'm wearing mine this weekend for the game. You gonna be there?
80s Guy
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm wearing mine this weekend for the game. You gonna be there?

Sadly, no... Gonna be on a tractor all day shredding so we can kill Bambi and his daddy in November. Save me a piece of that for October though!
SoSLutka10
Yeah I work 12 hour days plus whatever charting still needs to be done after my shift and still manage to come home and take care of the house. Just saying, there's two sides to this argument and just because Roy needs to be done doesn't mean I can't complain about it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.