Why do women do this?

18,133 Views | 154 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by SoSLutka10
LupinusTexensis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
How many of you he-men actually does 1/2 of the housework?
When I was married I did at least two-thirds of it. We had a housekeeper that came every other week, but I definitely did the majority of day-to-day chores.

Blue star to you sir. Most of the dudes I meet are still looking for a mom to follow them around and pick up their cups. From one set of teets to the next.
Humorous Username
AG
Gonna need to see said teets as confirmation.
Mr. White
I do house-cleaning and cook. I was told I'll make a good wife someday.
CrottyKid
AG
quote:

I do. I do more than my share, and we have a lot of kids, so there is plenty of work to be done.

That's why, when all the kids are in bed, and a few chores are done, and it is time to sit and relax for a minute, I get pissed when she remembers that the dishwasher finished and needs to put them up right now. Just chill! They'll be there in the morning when we start this crazy cycle all over again. It will never be done...like finished forever, so just chill. Your stress is unfounded and just makes everyone else in the house on edge right there with you.
CrottyKid
AG
On a serious note, most women suffer from one form or another of anxiety and or depression. More women than men are abnormally neurotic. Some of it just goes along with the feeling of trying to attain impossible standards. Others cope with it by saying, "Screw the standards!" You see some of that in this thread.
aTm2004
AG
quote:
What is a "panic room thing in Houston"?

Actually looks pretty cool. Essentially, you're locked in a room and have to follow a clue to another clue and so on until you find the way to open the door. You're given an hour or so I think.

https://texaspanicroom.com/houston/
Pirate04
AG
I don't believe I know you. And for the record, just because you're tired of your ****ty life doesn't mean you have to personally attack me.
Mr. White
That IS cool
Furlock Bones
AG
about that. despite what women say about wanting men to do more chores, it seems to not have the intended effect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2867274/Doing-housework-means-men-sex-Researchers-reveal-chores-seen-feminine-women-off.html

quote:
You may imagine that a man who is adept at housework would be attractive to woman.
But sociologists claim that mopping the kitchen and washing up dishes won't help men get lucky in the bedroom - with middle-aged women at least.

A study has found that men who regularly do housework, such as cooking and cleaning, have less sex than men who don't bother.

Researchers from the Juan March Institute in Madrid studied data based on relationships of 4,561 middle-aged US couples over 20 years, including their sex lives and how they divide household chores.

The study, which was published in the journal American Sociological Review, found that home tasks such as cooking and cleaning are traditionally perceived as women's work and 80 per cent of housework is still done by females.

The results showed that men performed around 55 per cent of 'masculine' tasks such as paying bills and mowing the lawn.

While egalitarian marriages tended to be happier, men who did 'feminine' tasks had sex less often than those who shunned the iron and oven.

In fact, men who divorced themselves from core chores, had sex one and a half times more a month than those who pulled their weight in the home.

Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
quote:
What is a "panic room thing in Houston"?

Actually looks pretty cool. Essentially, you're locked in a room and have to follow a clue to another clue and so on until you find the way to open the door. You're given an hour or so I think.

https://texaspanicroom.com/houston/
I received a reservation to the one in CS as a birthday gift this year. I still need to get a group together to use it, though.
haircut
AG
I did the one in Austin yesterday and we didn't get out in time. They are pretty fun. Good luck!
haircut
AG
quote:
Thank God I'm single and all you ****ers complaining are already taken.
This offended some folks. Well done pirate
ShinerBlonde
AG
Next local GB social event! Locked in a room with us should be plenty of incentive to get out in under hour right?
haircut
AG
Why does a "man" complain, on the internet, about his woman? That's the real question. Do you even beat her, BR0?
haircut
AG
If I were a little closer friend, I'd get you some time in the ring with one of your spandex wearing heroes.
george92
quote:
The real question for OP and all the others that seem to have this problem is: why did you marry flighty, feeble-minded women and then spend the rest of your lives complaining about how flighty and feeble-minded they are?
My wife is perhaps one of the busiest people I've ever known, but she doesn't get stressed and act crazy, and doesn't nag at me when I want to relax.

Sounds like you guys just made poor life partner decisions. Good luck with that.

OK we get it. You married a dude. Apples and oranges here Professor.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Not a terrible idea. Most of my friends in town are married with small kids and have become even more boring than I am
Geralt of Rivia
S
This is the only one you would need to get

george92
quote:
Blue star for Pirate. I think I kind of love you. It's not all terrible guys on the board but probably best to be single nonetheless.

Take this back before Colin jumps off the ledge. He would make a helluva housewife for any of you fine ladies.
ShinerBlonde
AG
I'm sure Colin would make an excellent housewife and he would make some girl very happy. However, I am pretty sure I'm not what he's looking for.
FOUR THIN INCHES
AG
What are you? I'm pretty sure he's just looking for a warm wet hole.
LupinusTexensis
quote:
quote:
Thank God I'm single and all you ****ers complaining are already taken.

You're single because you're crazy.

Yes because a woman would have to be sooooo crazy not to want to date one of you guys.

/sarcasm
ShinerBlonde
AG
I'm complicated. I'm sure there are far less complicated ladies out there he would benefit from.
ShinerBlonde
AG
Seriously! Agreed. Where's Lex? We need to get a Girls Night scheduled.
MouthBQ98
AG
My wife does this to herself sometimes and then stresses out and complains about how tired and busy she is and she never gets enough time to relax and wind down, sometimes with the implication that I am not quite carrying my share of the common workload. I have to remind her that we both work, split the chores, and I actually do the finances and most of the cooking, and it is her selection of expensive and time consuming hobbies that uses most of her free time and resources up. She inflicts it on herself, largely. She's happiest when she's making herself unhappy. I'm used to it and just keep doing my own thing and try not to contribute to the problem. I have suggested slowing down a bit on her busy schedule, but she seldom chooses to do that. Sometimes, I think women savor stress and despair like a fine aged wine or good chocolate.
Geralt of Rivia
S
CrottyKid
AG
And the last thing to do is try to show her the error of her ways. No matter how obvious it is that the stress is self-inflicted, God forbid you bring up that little fact.
Pirate04
AG
To be fair, helicopter pilots have to be at least a little bit crazy.
Post removed:
by user
MouthBQ98
AG
The absolute worst thing is to point it out. Then you become the target of the venting of emotions. It's not necessarily fair, but just the way it is. Luckily, being male, I am gifted with the ability to change my emotional state within minutes, and the ability to just deal with and dismiss a problem I can do little to nothing to prevent, so I just let it go and move on. I do think it is funny sometimes when she gets on these "it must be done now" chore benders at late at night, and I just sit there watching TV as I already have mine scheduled to be done at a later and more opportune time.

I have plenty of my own faults to be sure. They are just complementary to hers, and generally not the same.
Post removed:
by user
IrishTxAggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Blue star for Pirate. I think I kind of love you. It's not all terrible guys on the board but probably best to be single nonetheless.

Take this back before Colin jumps off the ledge. He would make a helluva housewife for any of you fine ladies.

Dafuq are you? Another one of those lurkers that thinks he knows what the hell he's talking about I assume...

Also, I'm never home. I'd make a horrible househusband.
MouthBQ98
AG
Their hormones are fuxored. Birth control hormones aren't normal, and lots of women have thyroid issues as well, and many eat poorly with too many carbs in their diet so their blood sugar is all over the place during the day. Then they drug themselves numb, instead of fixing the problem.

Forgot to add they have a naturally much higher body fat content, and your collective fat cells are basically a gland that affects your cortisol stress hormone levels.
Warsteiner
quote:
not me. I pay the bills
MouthBQ98
AG
I do my half. I also cook, do bills and taxes, and yard work. My wife has a pretty sweet deal. Then again, she also makes almost as much as I do so now we pay a cleaner to clean and a yard service to mow.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.