Tamales turned away at Christmas Dinner

36,400 Views | 223 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by bigblackag12
UndergroundAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My sister decided to spend Christmas with her bf family this year and so she made tamales to take over for dinner, she did this even though they said it wasn't necessary to take anything. She has met the family only once, so this is her second time. She hasn't told me all the details since she is still there, but in short, she told me that they told her they preferred to have a traditional American Christmas dinner and that maby she could bring tamales another time. She said her bf's mom seemed bothered and that she stuck the tamales in a freezer in the garage. She said she is trying to be graceful and didn't make an issue of it, but WTF?? I'm probably more pissed than she is. Those tamales going to waste, I'm sure mom will throw them out as soon as they leave.
Claude!
I'm not much for tamales, but that seems odd.
HBCanine08
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
What's more American than a Mexican sneaking in?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
nuRowdy
Rule one
bmc13
AG
tell her to go rescue the tamales after dinner and take the back home. then dump that doofus who didn't stand up for her
WorthAg95
AG
Ridiculousness!
UndergroundAg
quote:
tell her to go rescue the tamales after dinner and take the back home. then dump that doofus who didn't stand up for her
I did advice her of dumping this guy pretty much right after she told me this happened. It's just not gonna work out.
FIDO*98*
AG
1) Tamales are a Texas tradition
2) Texas is in America
3) Her BF's mom sounds like a B'tch
Beer Baron
AG
Mexicanizing American holidays.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Can she teach me how to make them?
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
If you are invited over to someone's house for dinner and they say don't bring anything, don't bring anything! Our friends do this occasionally when my wife has the entire menu planned out so everything works together and adding something else throws off the meal. We usually put it out to be nice and don't say much but she makes s big deal to me afterward about how annoying it is. I understand your sister being mad but honestly what did she expect to happen?
Beer Baron
AG
Guarantee if she'd shown up with nothing the mom wouldve beeched.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Bring a bottle of wine to say thanks
FIDO*98*
AG
Sevens wife sounds like a whiny B too

Happens to me all the time. Rarely works with what I'm making and usually isn't good anyway. I've never complained or even given it a second thought before now.
nuRowdy
*****es be not following instructions
UndergroundAg
I guess she could have taken something less controversial, except is know those are some damn good tamales. I guess a bottle of wine it is next time...
Corps_Ag12
AG
I like tamales if your sister is in the 23-25 range
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
She gets that way sometimes. But it is more of her being a phenomal cook and works very hard to plan and prepare a great meal and doesn't want someone else's subpar crap ruining the meal.
WorthAg95
AG
What a horrible way to live.
toucan82
she should tell them to ask what would Jesus do?

and you know what Jesus would do? he'd eat some ****ing tamales for his birthday or any other day
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
I agree. It would suck to live with someone who can't cook.
Touchscreen
AG
She should grab the tamales out of the freezer and bring them back home because they're just going to be thrown away. And then dump the boy friend because IMO that relationship is not going to work long term.
Scruffy
AG
quote:
She should grab the tamales out of the freezer and bring them back home because they're just going to be thrown away. And then dump the boy friend because IMO that relationship is not going to work long term.
GinaLinetti
AG
quote:
2) Texas is in America
3) Her BF's mom sounds like a B'tch
AEK
AG
Not even married and she has already established the baseline drama/tension for all future disputes with the MIL. Get your popcorn ready, buckle up, and hold on!
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:
My sister decided to spend Christmas with her bf family this year and so she made tamales to take over for dinner, she did this even though they said it wasn't necessary to take anything. She has met the family only once, so this is her second time. She hasn't told me all the details since she is still there, but in short, she told me that they told her they preferred to have a traditional American Christmas dinner and that maby she could bring tamales another time. She said her bf's mom seemed bothered and that she stuck the tamales in a freezer in the garage. She said she is trying to be graceful and didn't make an issue of it, but WTF?? I'm probably more pissed than she is. Those tamales going to waste, I'm sure mom will throw them out as soon as they leave.

That is poor form on the hosts. I'd be pissed and leave that party. That's incredibly rude
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:
quote:
2) Texas is in America
3) Her BF's mom sounds like a real c***

Fify
New Hampshire Ag
AG
thebloomer
AG
If the bf does nothing, it's time to dump him. That's just sorry. And tamales are traditional America Christmas in this part of the world. Woman is rude and wrong,

Rutedown
Underground, I feel bad for your sister. It was a nice gesture and this mom just basically tossed her nice gesture in the trash. What a ....it's Christmas I'll leave it there.
Talon2DSO
AG
quote:
If the bf does nothing, it's time to dump him. That's just sorry. And tamales are traditional America Christmas in this part of the world. Woman is rude and wrong,

UndergroundAg
quote:
Underground, I feel bad for your sister. It was a nice gesture and this mom just basically tossed her nice gesture in the trash. What a ....it's Christmas I'll leave it there.
Yeah, more than anything she didn't wanna show up empty handed being that she is getting to know the family. It really pisses me off more so because I know my sis takes pride in her tamales. She could have opted for something store bought, but at least to me it means more when someone takes the time to make something for you than to just buy it on a whim. Oh we'll their loss!
Talon2DSO
AG
If someone did this to my sister, I would have a serious talk with her about her future with this guy and family.
GinaLinetti
AG
Just knowing how time consuming it is to make tamales shows a lot about your sister. It's not like she came over with cream cheese and pick a pepper. But as a host you say thank you so much and find a ****ing spot. Id eat tamales over turkey any day

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.