Generational breaks

12,418 Views | 143 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by saber69
AgBeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
You're a millennial. Sorry dude. Just go ahead and call your parents and ask them to write a note to get out of work because they're not being sensitive to your triggers. No sense in fighting it.
Pollo Libre
quote:
The split between "early millenials" and "late millenials" should be determined by how many songs you can name from the New Kids on the Block or the Backstreet Boys.

PLEASE DON'T GO GIRL
STEP BY STEP
HANGIN' TOUGH
CALENDAR GIRL
TONIGHT
THE RIGHT STUFF
SUMMER GIRL

BSB - I got nothing. I didn't care for them.
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't know what the top thing is,
Jesus Christ

The credit card system was down a few months ago at a local restaurant. So they busted out the knucklebusters. It was pretty funny watching the young one stare in disbelief at the carbon copy reciepts they were getting back.
Funny thing is these don't always even work now because a lot of bank cards don't have the raised numbers. When the system was down at the oil change place the other day the guy busted out this thing and I handed him my card without thinking. It took us both a minute to figure out why nothing was showing up after he swiped it.
Pollo Libre
quote:
quote:
quote:
Funny thing is these don't always even work now because a lot of bank cards don't have the raised numbers. When the system was down at the oil change place the other day the guy busted out this thing and I handed him my card without thinking. It took us both a minute to figure out why nothing was showing up after he swiped it.

u dum
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
Thank the good lord HEY-ZOOS I was born in '79
Mama Chiken, can you please regale us with stories about the 1980 Olympics?
Post removed:
by user
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

u dum
Please, woman. On the Venn diagram of "Times I've had a card with non-raised numbers" vs. "times I've had to use a card swipey machine thingy," there is very little overlap.
Diamond Geezer
Geralt of Rivia
S
quote:
quote:
Thank the good lord HEY-ZOOS I was born in '79
Mama Chiken, can you please regale us with stories about the 1980 Olympics?
They made a movie about it back in 1999

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Didn't the term "millennial" come about simply because people born in 1982 happened to turn 18 in the year 2000? That's pretty arbitrary. Culturally I'd say most people born in the mid-80s have much more in common with people born in the early 80's than with people born in the early 90's.

Agree

Born Dec 83, dont identify with millennials at all. Remember and used both items in op. I remember life before the Internet. I remember us being benched in team sports for bad attitudes regardless of talent. We didn't all get a trophy.

Abesimpsonyellingatcloud.jpg
I remember all that too and I was born 88. You're not special.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
The split between "early millenials" and "late millenials" should be determined by how many songs you can name from the New Kids on the Block or the Backstreet Boys.

PLEASE DON'T GO GIRL
STEP BY STEP
HANGIN' TOUGH
CALENDAR GIRL
TONIGHT
THE RIGHT STUFF
SUMMER GIRL

BSB - I got nothing. I didn't care for them.
Case in point.
CharlieBrown17
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Didn't the term "millennial" come about simply because people born in 1982 happened to turn 18 in the year 2000? That's pretty arbitrary. Culturally I'd say most people born in the mid-80s have much more in common with people born in the early 80's than with people born in the early 90's.

Agree

Born Dec 83, dont identify with millennials at all. Remember and used both items in op. I remember life before the Internet. I remember us being benched in team sports for bad attitudes regardless of talent. We didn't all get a trophy.

Hell the only thing out of that I don't remember is life before the internet and I was born in 94.
aTm2004
AG
quote:

How about for those of us who aren't homo?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

How about for those of us who aren't homo?
I suggest therapy to hone in on the reason for your insecurity.
mrnegative
Early and late millennials should be split into those who remember 9/11 and those who don't
Geralt of Rivia
S
N Sync >>> Backstreet Boys
aTm2004
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agree

Hell the only thing out of that I don't remember is life before the internet and I was born in 94.

That sucks. '94 was an awesome year for movies and music.

Dumb and Dumber
The Mask
Forrest Gump
Speed
Ace Ventura
Pulp Fiction
Shawshank Redemption

Jar of Flies - AIC
Dookie - Green Day
Weezer - Weezer
Throwing Copper - Live
Cracked Rear View - Hootie
Smash - The Offspring
Hell Freezes Over - Eagles
Unplugged - Nirvana
Beer Baron
AG
quote:
Early and late millennials should be split into those who remember 9/11 and those who don't
We should all be split into those who have forgotten and those who have not forgotten. /that country singer who capitalized on tragedy in a monetary way
bmc13
AG
quote:
quote:
what about cable channel 99 fuzzy pron?
We had the giant satellite in the back yard that you'd literally aim at different satellites in space. While it was changing from one to the other you could sometimes stop it in just the right spot to get a very blurry and exciting picture.

my django
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty sure no actor ever has had a better year than Jim Carrey in 94.
Diamond Geezer
How many of you can identify this object?

mrnegative
Is one of those things that held film for silent movies?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Didn't realize we jumped straight from silent movies being on film to the talkies being on VHS
Diamond Geezer
mag wheel, bruh
mrnegative
quote:
mag wheel, bruh

Lol old
nai06
AG
actually it could hold silent and regular films. 16mm movies often had a strip along the side that would allow the film to be played with sound
aTm2004
AG
quote:

"Back of monkey boy! Before I tell your daddy that you're running this place like it's your own personal piggy bank! Or maybe we should call the IRS, and see if we can arrange a little vacation for you at Club FED!"
mrnegative
quote:
actually it could hold silent and regular films. 16mm movies often had a strip along the side that would allow the film to be played with sound

Innovative!
Diamond Geezer
Any guesses?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

"Back of monkey boy! Before I tell your daddy that you're running this place like it's your own personal piggy bank! Or maybe we should call the IRS, and see if we can arrange a little vacation for you at Club FED!"
That's none of your damn business and I'd thank you to stay out of my personal affairs.
Diamond Geezer
or this?
Ryan34
AG
quote:
N Sync >>> Backstreet Boys

It is known.
Predmid
AG
Everyone's a little bit millennial.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
NSync's only advantage was the videos were more dancy and elaborate.

Everyone knows BSB had the better voices and songs.
we can pickle that
Bye Bye Bye and Dirty Pop were greatness. BSB can't touch

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.