Vaccine Reluctance

86,033 Views | 741 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It is a one off.

What is your plan or thoughts? Just walk around pissed because people are choosing to not get vaccinated or demand government mandates?

People make decisions around you daily that are negative to you and your health. Text and drive; drink and drive; go to work sick; speed.
aTm2004
AG
Jbob04 said:

If you or anybody has the vaccine and are "protected" why do you care if someone isn't vaccinated? Do you not have faith in the vaccine?

They say it works but their actions say it doesn't.
GAC06
AG
bay fan said:

GAC06 said:

bay fan said:

It seems likely that family of active COVID patients is getting on a plane and flying to Texas tonight. Their choice will have ramifications on many people across multiple states besides all those inconvenienced at the doctors office this afternoon and the fact that the doctor and nurse due to their profession will be quarantined and more people will be inconvenienced over that time.

Why is it so hard to acknowledge in this Covid situation, individual choices really don't exist. Every choice effects others, whether for community good or otherwise.

Why would the doctor quarantine if he's been vaccinated? If he hasn't, that's a risk he took.

No matter how much you seem to want to enforce your will on others, you don't have that power. We can make our own decisions. If that scares you, you are free to stay home. We are not in this together and we never were.
Lol, of course you assume the doctor was a man. SHE is a pediatrician and though vaccinated, she had a lengthy, close exposure. If you can't understand why a doctor seeing an unvaccinated population would need to be cautious I won't bother to explain it.
You are right, I can not force my will on you, but you are doing just that.

I don't care what the sex of the doctor is but feel free to get offended. That too is your right.

If the doctor is vaccinated there's no need to quarantine. Also doctors see sick people for a living.

How exactly am I forcing my will on you? I literally don't care about what you do and I haven't tried to make you do a single thing. I'm merely pointing out that your argument is ridiculous and you can't make people get vaccinated.
planoaggie123
AG
Did the doctor confirm to you the doctors preferred pronoun or are you being just as flippant and assuming the doctor identities as "she"
aTm2004
AG
bay fan said:

aTm2004 said:

I am thinking about the individual, because at the end of the day, that's all we're ultimately responsible for. That's the ugly part of freedompeople are going to do things you don't agree with.

If someone doesn't get the vaccine, that's their choice. They've assessed the risks and made the decision they feel is best for them. At this point, people have had the opportunity to get it if they wanted to. It's time to stop with the shaming.
What is your opinion of this event that happened just this morning.

20 year old, unvaccinated girl shows up at her pediatricians office complaining about a sore throat. She spent the weekend at Tahoe with many others. She was roomed by vaccinated nurse who tested her for strep and after being told she also had a bad head ache, a COVID test though the girl insisted she didn't have COVID and seemed to not want to be tested but ultimately gave in. 65 year old, vaccinated doctor spent 10 minutes in room with her discussing symptoms and the benefits of being vaccinated. Her entire family has not been vaccinated. This young woman wanted antibiotics as she was flying to Texas this evening. Turns out she is COVID positive and likely her whole family is too. Though she only told doctor after she returned a positive test, most of her family is also symptomatic. The doctor had to explain many times the significance of not flying and exposing a plane full of others and ultimately didn't believe with any confidence this family won't fly anyway.

So, it's her right to not be vaccinated but she also chose to not disclose any of this to doctor/practice and went inside to expose everyone who came in contact with her at a pediatricians office. The entire practice will be effected for the next week due to that exposure.

My thoughts are she was treated by a vaccinated person while the vaccine has been available to everyone for months. Regardless of who she came in contact with prior to or after that, the people who aren't vaccinated made the choice and feel their risk is small given the information available (15+ months worth now) while those who chose to get vaccinated shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Quote:

So, it's her right to not be vaccinated but she also chose to not disclose any of this to doctor/practice and went inside to expose everyone who came in contact with her at a pediatricians office. The entire practice will be effected for the next week due to that exposure.

Since you seem to understand the minuscule risk associated with the vaccine, do you really not see the value to society as a whole? What about the choice of others to not want to be exposed in their workplace by a less then forth coming patient or those who would chose not to fly with someone who has active COVID?
She chose not to disclose it? What you posted doesn't say anything about her not disclosing it, unless you believe denial is failure to disclose. If a HIV positive person in California can willingly have unprotected sex with another person while not disclosing their positivity and not be held liable, why should a COVID person be treated any differently?

While we're on the subject of adding value to society, why not mandate monthly STD tests for everyone? I see that as a benefit of society, even if you're in a monogamous relationship...because people never cheat.

As far as being exposed at work or anywhere else...if they're vaccinated, why should they care? You act as if it doesn't work. Also, you're living in an alternate reality where we can abstain everyone from risks. You can't. There is risk in literally everything we do in life. Our entire day is one big risk analysis to decide whether or not the benefit of doing something outweighs the risk. And sometimes, that risk we take can negatively impact the lives of others.
aTm2004
AG
bay fan said:

It seems likely that family of active COVID patients is getting on a plane and flying to Texas tonight. Their choice will have ramifications on many people across multiple states besides all those inconvenienced at the doctors office this afternoon and the fact that the doctor and nurse due to their profession will be quarantined and more people will be inconvenienced over that time.

Why is it so hard to acknowledge in this Covid situation, individual choices really don't exist. Every choice effects others, whether for community good or otherwise.
Hey guys, a vaccinated doctor and vaccinated nurse now have to quarantine after treating a COVID positive patient. No wonder there were so many TicTok videos of dancing nurses and doctors...they were all quarantining together after treating 1 COVID patient.
The_Fox
bay fan said:

aTm2004 said:

I am thinking about the individual, because at the end of the day, that's all we're ultimately responsible for. That's the ugly part of freedompeople are going to do things you don't agree with.

If someone doesn't get the vaccine, that's their choice. They've assessed the risks and made the decision they feel is best for them. At this point, people have had the opportunity to get it if they wanted to. It's time to stop with the shaming.
What is your opinion of this event that happened just this morning.

20 year old, unvaccinated girl shows up at her pediatricians office complaining about a sore throat. She spent the weekend at Tahoe with many others. She was roomed by vaccinated nurse who tested her for strep and after being told she also had a bad head ache, a COVID test though the girl insisted she didn't have COVID and seemed to not want to be tested but ultimately gave in. 65 year old, vaccinated doctor spent 10 minutes in room with her discussing symptoms and the benefits of being vaccinated. Her entire family has not been vaccinated. This young woman wanted antibiotics as she was flying to Texas this evening. Turns out she is COVID positive and likely her whole family is too. Though she only told doctor after she returned a positive test, most of her family is also symptomatic. The doctor had to explain many times the significance of not flying and exposing a plane full of others and ultimately didn't believe with any confidence this family won't fly anyway.

So, it's her right to not be vaccinated but she also chose to not disclose any of this to doctor/practice and went inside to expose everyone who came in contact with her at a pediatricians office.

- YES! Next question.

The entire practice will be effected for the next week due to that exposure.

Since you seem to understand the minuscule risk associated with the vaccine, do you really not see the value to society as a whole?

- Don't care!

What about the choice of others to not want to be exposed in their workplace by a less then forth coming patient or those who would chose not to fly with someone who has active COVID?

- Then get vaccinated or stay home.

I am curious your thoughts.
Comeby!
AG
Russ11
AG
Since there seems to be stories of vaccinated folks getting infected, in this scenario if the doctor is interviewing a vaccinated positive patient would they still need to quarantine?
Comeby!
AG
My doc said he's had it 3 times. Of course they don't quarantine.
Bassmaster
AG
Russ11 said:

Since there seems to be stories of vaccinated folks getting infected, in this scenario if the doctor is interviewing a vaccinated positive patient would they still need to quarantine?
I can't keep track of all of the flip-flopping, but I'm pretty sure the CDC (lol) said at one point that you didn't need to quarantine if vaccinated.
aTm2004
AG
Bassmaster said:

Russ11 said:

I can't keep track of all of the flip-flopping, but I'm pretty sure the CDC (lol) said at one point that you didn't need to quarantine if vaccinated.
It's a new day and time for a new narrative, my friend.
Reload8098
AG
A friends 66 year old vaccinated mother died two weeks ago. She wasn't over weight and was in good health.
I've had Covid and don't plan on getting the vaccine for at least another year at a minimum. Depending on what new research shows maybe never.
fig96
AG
Russ11 said:

I'd be curious to hear from a doc, but it wouldn't surprise me if some hospitals/practices have some kind of quarantine policy in place for exposed doctors and nurses to avoid liability.
planoaggie123
AG
This kind of crap will definitely encourage people to get vaccinated...

"We want to give people the sense that they have the freedom to choose"

planoaggie123
AG
This too....

West Point Aggie
AG
planoaggie123 said:

This kind of crap will definitely encourage people to get vaccinated...

"We want to give people the sense that they have the freedom to choose"

Unenforceable / unmanageable
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
FrioAg 00
AG
Bacerrra has been a full fledged fascist since his days in congress, and as Cali AD he was even worse. Picking him for HHS was a huge signal where the real agenda is for the people pulling Biden's puppet strings

Zients is in the cabal. So was his wife, whose family played a huge central role in the South African disaster.
planoaggie123
AG
I want 1 person to support comments from Becerra and Zients.

Explain why these comments and them going to our doors is ok.

Do not respond with "they likely wont actually do it..." because they most certainly WANT to....
aTm2004
AG
Go back to some of my comments earlier in this thread and I state this type of crap is another reason I am not willing to get it right now. This push to vaccinate everyone speaks to ulterior motives, IMO.
planoaggie123
AG
aTm2004 said:

Go back to some of my comments earlier in this thread and I state this type of crap is another reason I am not willing to get it right now. This push to vaccinate everyone speaks to ulterior motives, IMO.

I agree. I also commented that if government would just keep offering vaccine...allow for FDA approval....i bet in 6 to 12 months the total % vaccinated would likely go up as people will eventually say "ok, i feel its safe now"

HOWEVER.....

they keep forcing it down our throats and they think this tactic works???
ORAggieFan
aTm2004 said:

What ulterior motives? The idea to go door to door is dumb, but so is your view.
planoaggie123
AG
ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

What ulterior motives? The idea to go door to door is dumb, but so is your view.

I think you are seeing a government lead by Biden that 100% wants to have greater control of the economy and individuals through government spending, increased welfare, and maybe increased "concern" over individual health....

Edit: Oh and "door to door" is more than dumb....its scary that they actually want this. I realize they are not knocking down doors but they want to get personal with each and every US citizen and know their business and be involved in it....
aTm2004
AG
ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

I think Plano summed it up nicely. It's way past "public health and safety" and well into the desire to further control people. That's not a dumb view because that's exactly what they're doing.
01agtx
AG
aTm2004 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

I think Plano summed it up nicely. It's way past "public health and safety" and well into the desire to further control people. That's not a dumb view because that's exactly what they're doing.

I've said this before but Fauci funded the lab that created the virus and then suppressed treatments while hard-core pushing the vaccine. What was his motive? Who knows but at this point Fauci has lost credibility.
aTm2004
AG
01agtx said:

aTm2004 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

I've said this before but Fauci funded the lab that created the virus and then suppressed treatments while hard-core pushing the vaccine. What was his motive? Who knows but at this point Fauci has lost credibility.
Yep. People often forget this little nugget of truth that Lord Fauci tried to hide.
ORAggieFan
aTm2004 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

But why not get vaccinated because of that sole reason? You're so mad they have certain messaging you're not going to do what's best for you? That makes no sense.
planoaggie123
AG
ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

But why not get vaccinated because of that sole reason? You're so mad they have certain messaging you're not going to do what's best for you? That makes no sense.

Crazy thought....maybe people just are hesitant. Maybe there is a slight inherent trust. Is that so crazy? There has been a great deal of misinformation and "oops" throughout this entire ordeal....so....maybe a perfectly healthy and young individual would rather choose to wait a year or two based on their extremely low risk factor.
Daddy-O5
AG
ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

Certain messaging creates doubt in the message itself. It makes complete sense.
planoaggie123
AG
I actually think its more crazy we have a government that is so concerned with spending our money without regard to any level of conservatism, controlling the economy's direction through green new deal type policies, increasing welfare state / reliance on government, and now wanting intimate information on our health....that to me is a bigger concern....
PJYoung
AG
planoaggie123 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

Crazy thought....maybe people just are hesitant. Maybe there is a slight inherent trust. Is that so crazy? There has been a great deal of misinformation and "oops" throughout this entire ordeal....so....maybe a perfectly healthy and young individual would rather choose to wait a year or two based on their extremely low risk factor.
I was in the Moderna Phase 3 trial and got my second shot way back in September and I completely understand some younger healthy people wanting to wait for more data. That's perfectly reasonable.

And I truly believe that the government's push to get everybody vaccinated is based on public health concerns. The quickest way to end this for everybody is to get enough of the public vaccinated. We're most of the way there in some pockets of the country and we still have a long ways to go in others.
planoaggie123
AG
PJYoung said:

I was in the Moderna Phase 3 trial and got my second shot way back in September and I completely understand some younger healthy people wanting to wait for more data. That's perfectly reasonable.

And I truly believe that the government's push to get everybody vaccinated is based on public health concerns. The quickest way to end this for everybody is to get enough of the public vaccinated. We're most of the way there in some pockets of the country and we still have a long ways to go in others.

I don't believe the best thing is for EVERYONE to get it but I think we maybe shoot for a higher percentage overall and a higher percentage of 60+

However, our government looks slimier and slimier by the day. Not a good way to change public sentiment.
aTm2004
AG
ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

The hard sell is not the sole reason, but it is one of the reasons.

The vaccine didn't exist not too long ago. Now, it's on the market and the government is all but forcing people to get it. We do not know the long term effects as it hasn't been around long enough to actually see the long term effects. In a couple of years, after we have more information on what those effects are, I most likely will get it, as will many others.

The immunity given to the drug companies. They're immune for 3 years but the program they fall under only allows for a suit to be filed up to 1 year after receiving the drug. "It's a pandemic and they needed that to get a drug to market, otherwise they wouldn't take the risk!" Spare me.

I'm in my 30s, admittedly, a little overweight, but I do not have diabetes, no high cholesterol, no high BP, and no other comorbidity we know is in a high risk group. I lift 3-4 days a week and do 3-4 30 minute cardio sessions per week (be it a spin class on the Pelaton or running on the track). Looking at the CDC data, I'm at low risk from COVID.

What many are not understanding is we're in July 2021 and not March 2020, and we know tons more about who the higher risk people are. There is loads of available data out there for someone to make an informed decision on what the feel is best for them, and instead of being supportive of that, the mob is wanting to exert their will onto people who they feel are not complying.
aTm2004
AG
PJYoung said:

planoaggie123 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

ORAggieFan said:

aTm2004 said:

Just spitballing here, but maybe shutting down and silencing people/doctors who didn't follow the official narrative wasn't the best idea nor a way to gain the public's trust in the government. The media and government focusing on Florida and Texas while completely ignoring places like CA and NY who took opposite approaches and had worse numbers didn't help. Something else that didn't help? Yelling "SUPER SPREADER" for any event held in a state that wasn't locked up (never came true) while simultaneously saying the "protests" throughout the cities in the US were OK and not a vector of COVID spread.

Then there's all of the dem politicians who were telling us to be scare of COVID but weren't scared of it themselves by their actions...Adler calling for lockdowns while vacationing in Cabo, Whitmer shutting things down but allowing her husband to go boating, Pelosi getting her hair done while supporting keeping salons closed, Lori Lightfoot getting her hair done because she's "on TV," Newsome at a party at the French Laundry, CNN's Cuomo walking around maskless while in quarantine, etc.
planoaggie123
AG
I would still like to hear thoughts on what Becerra and Zients said.

Do our "everyone must get vaccine" crowd support such ideas? Does it improve 'vaccine reluctance?'

Are we ok with government supported door to door knocks?

Are we ok with our government believe *it* paid for those vaccines and by it spending *our* money then it has a right to know who has gotten and has not been vaccinated?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.