Schloss on Olsen Expansion

36,506 Views | 201 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by twk
Ag8086
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The only place any grass berms should be is in the outfield for over flow with good chair back seats only along the foul lines and under all of the overhang. Would be nice to extend overhang down the foul lines too if possible.
greg.w.h
AG
Great visuals twk. I was always annoyed by the alignment of College Station and compass point names ( Northgate, East/West sides of Kyle) until I moved to Cedar Rapids, IA area for a seven year stint with an avionics company HQ'ed there. The streets are labeled with relationship to the northwest/southwest riverside of the Cedar River that flows from Cedar Falls / Waterloo also to the more distant northwest.

So the streets that align with the river are north south and if they go true north and are north(ish) of downtown they are NE and south(ish) particularly past the river are SW. that grid is mainly limited to the downtown area but it affects street naming a bit further especially for major thoroughfares.

All of the sudden College Station clicked into place as I absorbed Cedar Rapids nomenclature!!!

Your same observations apply to Kyle Field though its axis is closer to true north. And traditionally high school stands are north/south in Texas. Except JerryWorld of courseā€¦

twk
AG
Waco drove me nuts when I was there for law school. Anything on the left bank of the Brazos (looking downstream) was called "East Waco." The streets mostly align with the river there, too.
trouble
AG
Baseball survey is live. I just completed it.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Just completed the survey. They are dreaming BIG. Forgot to grab screenshots to post so maybe someone can help out with that.

I do encourage everyone to add something about protecting GA/student seating over the visitors dugout. Losing that (and the atmosphere that comes with it) is my main concern with this renovation.
twk
AG
I didn't grab screen shots, but I'm not sure that the images are necessary to give you an idea.

The things that I recall, regarding premium seating options that they inquired about, are:

- 4 place table tops down the right field line (would be at the top of what is currently the death berm)
- a bullpen club in left
- loge boxes in left
- "living room" seats in left
- expanding the Diamond Club behind home plate

The did seek to gauge your interest in various price levels, and I captured an image of that, because I thought it somewhat informative:

I've got lower infield reserved, which, right now, cost just under $1000/each, and they were asking what level and prices you would be interested in purchasing your preferred location. This was the top level slide (others were cheaper).

It looks like they are contemplating bleacher in place of the death berm, and both lower and upper deck reserved down the 3rd base line. I'm pleased if that is an indication of what is to come.

I really don't want to lose my seats, but there are other seating options I could live with if I got pushed out. I'm looking forward to seeing that they come up with.
dermdoc
AG
Just finished it. I thought it was weird that they asked whether you favored players stuff like batting cages or a 360 concourse.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
Same. I definitely want players taken care of first.
twk
AG
dermdoc said:

Just finished it. I thought it was weird that they asked whether you favored players stuff like batting cages or a 360 concourse.
I took that to mean, if they are running out of money and have to choose between things like a pitching lab or a 360 concourse, which do you want?
jsc8116
AG
Enclose like Kyle with 3 decks or GTFO.
dermdoc
AG
trouble said:

Agree. Doubt I will get up and walk all the way around the stadium much.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
greg.w.h
AG
dermdoc said:

W.W.J.S.D.???

Jim Schlossnagle that isā€¦
trouble
AG
dermdoc said:

trouble said:

Agree. Doubt I will get up and walk all the way around the stadium much.

I only get up when the kids need to pee.
Farmer1906
AG

I really would hate if we lost the Students/GA in the infield right on top of the other team.
twk
AG
Farmer1906 said:

I really would hate if we lost the Students/GA in the infield right on top of the other team.
I suspect that was just trying to whip something out quick and dirty, and not a foreshadowing of things to come with regard to the first base GA section. That's not really something that they would address in this survey.
Farmer1906
AG
I hope you are correct.
LOYAL AG
AG
twk said:

I didn't grab screen shots, but I'm not sure that the images are necessary to give you an idea.

The things that I recall, regarding premium seating options that they inquired about, are:

- 4 place table tops down the right field line (would be at the top of what is currently the death berm)
- a bullpen club in left
- loge boxes in left

The did seek to gauge your interest in various price levels, and I captured an image of that, because I thought it somewhat informative:

I've got lower infield reserved, which, right now, cost just under $1000/each, and they were asking what level and prices you would be interested in purchasing your preferred location. This was the top level slide (others were cheaper).

It looks like they are contemplating bleacher in place of the death berm, and both lower and upper deck reserved down the 3rd base line. I'm pleased if that is an indication of what is to come.

I really don't want to lose my seats, but there are other seating options I could live with if I got pushed out. I'm looking forward to seeing that they come up with.

I'm wondering if $1200 is seat price only with an additional donation or fully loaded? Right now you and I pay $450 donation and $420 for the tickets. I'm reading that as $450 + $1200 but it's not clear.

Biggest takeaway is I don't see that as indicating that this will be priority point driven.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
trouble
AG
It said inclusive of ticket cost and funding donation
RED AG 98
AG
Look at the first sentence on the cropped image: "... inclusive of both ticket and any per-seat donation"
BiochemAg97
AG
LOYAL AG said:

twk said:

- a bullpen club in left
- loge boxes in left

I'm wondering if $1200 is seat price only with an additional donation or fully loaded? Right now you and I pay $450 donation and $420 for the tickets. I'm reading that as $450 + $1200 but it's not clear.

Biggest takeaway is I don't see that as indicating that this will be priority point driven.

The phrasing seemed to include both seat and donation.

They did have a question about giving an additional contribution to the capital campaign and your motivation for doing so, with one choice being more PPs and another being to get season tickets.
12th Man Ag
AG
My addition to the survey that no one asked for was to convert the press box to a club similar to the Insperity Club at Minute Maid for us poors in 205-207. I like a club where I can still see the game while I get my elevated sausage in a pretzel concession!
LOYAL AG
AG
trouble said:

It said inclusive of ticket cost and funding donation

Ain't nobody got time for that!

Thanks, everyone!
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
trouble
AG
And bathrooms I can send my kids to without me
Farmer1906
AG
twk said:

dermdoc said:

I took that to mean, if they are running out of money and have to choose between things like a pitching lab or a 360 concourse, which do you want?

I took it as from a design/functional standpoint it may be best to use some of that space for the players and eliminate the 360 concourse. So just how important is that to our fans?
standfast
So, does the purple part imply that they are considering extending the second deck down the 3rd base line? If so, I hope they keep the overhand and continuity. In all honesty, extending the double deck further down the baselines would be the best looking and most imposing look to Olsen. You could do that and still have some attractions in the outfield.
Farmer1906
AG

Schloss briefly talked about the stadium renovation today.
  • Plan on staying in this footprint.
  • Limitations going out, but can go up. Mentioned the Sun in RF.
  • Wants 12-15 K, but will likely be about 10k (in seats) with lots of SRO (1.5-2k).
  • 360 degree concourse with drink rail all the way around.
  • Most premium seats will be down the LF line (sun to your back).
  • *The survey that was sent showed double decks all the way down LF*
  • It'll all depend on what we can afford.
twk
AG
Quote:

• 360 degree concourse with drink rail all the way around.

They might want to rethink that. We had drink rails at Olsen for a few years before the renovation. When we played the sips, those jerks would stand behind my seat and shell peanuts, leaving those in front covered with peanut shells until we got the KK to run them off. There's a reason why those were eliminated in the last renovation, and replaced with a line which the SRO folks are required to stand behind (which is the set up I've seen in several other new SEC parks).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.