Business & Investing
Sponsored by

The reason we should not be concerned about inflation

77,499 Views | 476 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Red Pear Realty
Stive
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
evan_aggie said:

No kidding? Wow T&P to his fam.

Hope he at least reached 65...

Nope. Missed it by quite a bit.
evan_aggie
AG
Thats too bad. We are all going to go, but sort of hope we all get to 65 at least....
canadianAg
AG
Just sharing an anecdotal story. I'm working a multi billion dollar renewables project that would get substantial benefit from the build back better legislation as far as subsidies.

We recently had a construction contractor let us know they were going to start over on our active service negotiations because there's going to be so much money and demand for their services flying around with this bill. They reopened negotiations $45 million higher…

Classic example of inflation in my mind and will be interesting to see how much of the subsidy benefit gets eroded by inflationary pressure
administrative errors
There's no inflation it's transitory and good.
Coming soon:
AE Ventures - sooner than soon
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Physical and mental exercises
*Addiction services

Step 3: property found

Step 4: set date

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

Step 6: long-term planning

I am amped.
evan_aggie
AG
That's it just inflation though right? That's, "hey, the government just decided to use a ton of tax-payers money for projects. We can name our price"
Sully Dog
evan_aggie said:

Thats too bad. We are all going to go, but sort of hope we all get to 65 at least....
I can't remember his age off hand, but he was still at least a decade from retirement. I only met in passing, but he seemed like a great man.
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
administrative errors
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

Step 5: plan agenda for participants, food, logistics etc, integration and counseling post-experience

I am amped.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
canadianAg said:

Classic example of inflation in my mind and will be interesting to see how much of the subsidy benefit gets eroded by inflationary pressure
All of it. The market knows exactly how much subsidy is there, ergo it will all be consumed.

It's the same issue with traditional ag - the margins are known, so there's never any money for the farmer.
YouBet
AG
administrative errors said:

The extremely rare inflation-GoT meme. And by extremely rare I assume the only one ever. Nice.
administrative errors
administrative errors

1/8th of the world population is currently experiencing double digit inflation.
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
administrative errors said:

1/8th of the world population is currently experiencing double digit inflation.
Who isn't? Japan is supposed to be quite low - the US is well into double digit inflation, if its calculated the way it "used to be."

I think I have 4 inputs which have not.
administrative errors
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
My meme was spot on. Inflation at 6.8% up almost 100 bps from last month.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-consumer-prices-soared-6-133737840.html
Redstone
AG
Where is the OP?
evan_aggie
AG
Biden Admin: "but you've made wage gains! Of 5%!"
LMCane
actually wage earning dropped in today's report
Outdoorag011
Inflation hot? Let's just change how we measure it. CPI weight change coming January 2022.

https://www.bls.gov/cpi/notices/2021/2022-weight-update.htm
Bradley.Kohr.II
AG
It's interesting to compare the current CPI method to that used in the early 80s
administrative errors
Redstone said:

Where is the OP?

Don't worry about OP, I've been getting him set up on bitcoin now that he recognized the errors of his reality.

[Not really but would be realistic]
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Redstone
AG
The mixture of obtuseness and certainty is hilarious.

When I pop off on the Internet - which is frequent - I know what the hell I am talking about, and quite ready to fight about it.

However…

I kindly invite the OP back to argue this subject, about which I am far from expert. In fact, quite far!

How would it go? Let us reason together, and discover!
Redstone
AG
Now, why am I being so generous?

Because the OP has a Finance degree. Finance!

And, given this expertise, I want to challenge myself, as a voluntary transfer out of Mays in summer, 1998.
Redstone
AG
Let's begin with a prediction:

Inflation will be a very major issue in 2022.
Bureaucratic manipulations will not be able to hide nearly double digit inflation, particularly not in those areas where voters really notice, consumer products.
Chrundle the Great
AG
Redstone said:

Where is the OP?

OP can't respond because his internet company raised their rates again from the "purely transitory" inflation. Sad.
Oldag2020
AG
Unfortunately, I no longer believe inflation is transitory. I do think it will decrease to around 3%, and may even turn deflationary at the end of 2022, but will quickly reverse and remain in the 3-4% range over the next decade.

inflation protection, for example - TIPS, real estate, stocks(hopefully) will provide protection for those living off the income in their portfolios. Anyone with long time horizons not living off income from their portfolio will likely survive
administrative errors
Oldag2020 said:

Unfortunately, I no longer believe inflation is transitory. I do think it will decrease to around 3%, and may even turn deflationary at the end of 2022, but will quickly reverse and remain in the 3-4% range over the next decade.

inflation protection, for example - TIPS, real estate, stocks(hopefully) will provide protection for those living off the income in their portfolios. Anyone with long time horizons not living off income from their portfolio will likely survive

Told you he was all about the bitcoin if he's talking time horizons....
Coming soon:
*Psychedelic Retreats
*Addiction services

I am amped.
Redstone
AG
Well, credit to the OP for returning after these severe curb-stompings.
evan_aggie
AG
Yeah...
Pepper Brooks
AG
https://www.ishares.com/us/products/compare-funds?products=MjM5NDY3LDIzOTQ1Ng==

One might look at this comparison and come to the conclusion inflation is closer to 10%…
“There is no red.
There is no blue.
There is the state.
And there is you.”

“As government expands, Liberty contracts” - R. Reagan
Win At Life
AG
Oldag2020 said:

Deputy Travis Junior
Be honest: are you only just now saying this because Powell finally fessed up to it? In other words, did you continue preaching the "Fed is brilliant and never wrong" gospel right up until the moment when they admitted they were horribly wrong?
Carlo4
AG
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-12-11/the-inflation-pros-from-argentina-offer-tips-for-rattled-americans

Argentinians laugh at our inflation
ac04
Redstone
AG
How can we be assured this upward trajectory really does exist?

When even my wife, who voted for Mitt Romney because she thought Paul Ryan was "hot," notices massive inflation and complains about it weekly….this will be a major issue in 2022.
mazag08
AG
Crickets in here.

Are there not any more 23 year olds who think the FED can beat thousands of years of economics, history, and human nature?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.