Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

22,657,628 Views | 227065 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by bhanacik
South Platte
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brewmaster said:

I know real estate is due for a pullback, but I can't help but think it also rockets even more (if inflation goes sky high, along with metals).
What makes you say this? Commercial RE? SFH? Multi?
Brewmaster
AG
I think Heineken mentioned this (real estate is due for a pullback part). I added the rest, real estate is a hard asset right? Fiat U.S. dollars are not, we have printed 10x as much money as we had in the late 70's, but inflation is up roughly 3x in that time span. Not trying to paint a doomsday scenario, but just some food for thought.

I just read Heineken's posts on the previous page, "70's and 80's, but on a grander scale". That should give everyone, even our resident perma bull BES, a bit of concern.

on that note, Spoony, you got any land you can sell me? I'll brew the beer, you raise the chickens and eggs! maybe beer and goats? lol

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hey, I am ready for the pullback. Have been taking profits and setting cash aside. Bring it.
Brewmaster
AG
must say, sorry if I've given you a hard time. You've posted your losses and even recent job change on here. You have big balls sir, respect.

Heineken-Ashi
I just don't think we're entering a period that's going to mirror what we've gotten used to. As I've said before, to service the debt, the treasury will have to sell more and more treasuries and we're already putting a ton out in the market. Even if rates come down a bit short term, the FED doesn't have the capacity to buy them all.

Think of it this way.. even at lower rates, the debt is still growing at $1T every 100 days. And as it matures, it has to be rolled at new rates. Even with lower rates, we're still having to issue more and more debt which increases the balance to be repaid. So even in a rate dropping environment, the interest payment on the debt won't necessarily get much better. Maybe for a couple years there's a short reprieve. But without inflation coming down, and especially with inflation rising (which is likely in a stimulating rate environment), thst interest will continue to grow. It's a nasty chain that is incurable at this point. And if the FED is limited on treasuries they can purchase, it puts more and more pressure on the secondary markets, largely foreign governments and central banks who will start demanding higher and higher returns which pushes market rates up higher and higher.

Whether rates drop or not doesn't matter. What unavoidable is that the next decade is likely to feature significantly higher rates than where they are today and bond prices that act crash like. That's why I say to avoid long term treasuries.
“Give it hell Heinekandle, I’m enjoying it.”
- Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
- also Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX (obviously in a worse mood)
Heineken-Ashi
And it really doesn't matter who is president. Unless they are willing to start pretty extreme austerity, the damage was done a long time ago. Moving forward will be disaster control with a president who is prudent (not sure either are) and gasoline on the fire if it's Biden or a Biden type.

“No secure borders, no alpha military, no energy independence, no leadership and most of all no mean tweets - this is the worst trade I’ve ever witnessed in my lifetime. ***Put that quote in your quote/signature section HeinendKandle*** LOL!”
ProgN
Brewmaster said:

I think Heineken mentioned this (real estate is due for a pullback part). I added the rest, real estate is a hard asset right? Fiat U.S. dollars are not, we have printed 10x as much money as we had in the late 70's, but inflation is up roughly 3x in that time span. Not trying to paint a doomsday scenario, but just some food for thought.

I just read Heineken's posts on the previous page, "70's and 80's, but on a grander scale". That should give everyone, even our resident perma bull BES, a bit of concern.

on that note, Spoony, you got any land you can sell me? I'll brew the beer, you raise the chickens and eggs! maybe beer and goats? lol

agdaddy04
AG
On morning of earnings I put in a sell order for all my shares at $95. Tempted to just leave that there, but curious about your thoughts.
Spoony Love
AG
I'm trying to buy the land next to me still, but prices keep getting just out of reach, each time I'm ready. A fair price that is.
Heineken-Ashi
Well UAA failed. Might as well move your stop to $6.00 (currently at $6.10) and see if you can sell a little higher at the open to limit the loss. Pretty bearish statements here..

$500M in buybacks. We're in the era where stocks perform buybacks to save themselves from completely tanking.

Under Armour's gloomy FQ4 results prompts company to undertake restructuring plan (UAA) | Seeking Alpha
Quote:

Under Armour (NYSE:UAA) shares were deep in negative territory in Thursday's premarket trading as the company's failure to manage inventories, disappointing promotional campaigns, and strategic missteps resulted in disappointing results for FQ4, and profit guidance for FY25 that was significantly below Wall Street's expectations.

The company earned an adjusted profit of $0.11 per share which was three cents above expectations, but down 39% a year ago on a 5% decline in revenue. Wholesale revenue was down 7%, while DTC revenue was flat. By category, apparel sales dropped 1%, accessory sales fell 7%, and footwear revenue was down 11% from a year ago.

With the help of lower freight costs, the company's gross margin improved 170 basis points to 45%.
By region, North American sales were down 10% while international sales were up 7%, bolstered by strength in Latin America (+20%), followed by EMEA (+10%), and Asia/Pacific (+1%).

In recognition of the challenges facing the company, Under Armour (UAA) said it will undertake a restructuring plan that will result in pre-tax charges of approximately $70M to $90M including up to $50M in cash-related charges consisting of employee severance and $40M in non-cash charges.

"Due to a confluence of factors, including lower wholesale channel demand and inconsistent execution across our business, we are seizing this critical moment to make proactive decisions to build a premium positioning for our brand, which will pressure our top and bottom line in the near term," CEO Kevin Plank said.

To that end, Under Armour (UAA) now expects revenue to decline by low-double digits which includes a 17% decline in North America as the company works to "meaningfully" reset this business after years of heightened promotional activities.

giddings_ag_06
AG
I'm just going to keep holding. I was about even going into today so just going to hold tight and let it ride. Kevin Plank is a good CEO and they mentioned a buyback. No one should have realistically expected a great quarter in his first earnings report back.
Heineken-Ashi
giddings_ag_06 said:

I'm just going to keep holding. I was about even going into today so just going to hold tight and let it ride. Kevin Plank is a good CEO and they mentioned a buyback. No one should have realistically expected a great quarter in his first earnings report back.
That's your call, and you might be right. But the play I identified has support significantly broken. I don't hold when that happens. I wait for a promising new setup to buy back. Holding losers is how you dig holes. You might end up ok on some, but I bet the track record isn't great. Money is best spent on good setups with defined risk reward.

There are plenty of place to deploy that money that didn't just report significant negative forward guidance.

Heineken-Ashi
DE beats on earnings but slashes forward guidance, Down 5%.

Proof is starting to add up.. consumer staples are doing good. Discretionary not so much. And I'm now worried about industrials.

Heineken-Ashi
Out of UAA at original stop $6.40

sts7049
AG
bailed too soon perhaps
reedsterg
AG
sts7049 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/iss-independent-proxy-solicitation-firm-203000258.html
MAS444
AG
Re: WWR....How/where does one register to vote?
agdaddy04
AG
agdaddy04 said:

On morning of earnings I put in a sell order for all my shares at $95. Tempted to just leave that there, but curious about your thoughts.

Well it filled before I canceled it.
McInnis 03
AG
agdaddy04 said:

The day after earnings I bought 90c's for expy tomorrow. I finally closed out that loser Tuesday at about $85.

You can imagine my disappointment this morning when those same calls pinged 2.5x just 1 day later.
Maximus Johnson
AG
I just want to say thanks to this board I have been averaging 3% gain daily on my play money/savings account. I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to stonks or the stonk market in general.

I feel like I am getting greedy not selling HUMA at 100% profit. If only I could wrap my head around how calls worked......
flashplayer
AG
If your HUMA calls are for September or December I wouldn't sell yet.

If for earlier I would sell at least half of them in case it drops soon. But the FDA review is supposed to be done by August. Whenever that announcement comes it will rocket.
bhanacik
AG
ASO touched that $55 target this morning that HA mentioned a while back. I'm just watching for now as the charts to me don't look good. I got stopped out on shares back in April and haven't re-entered.
giddings_ag_06
AG
The stock market is wild
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Maximus Johnson said:

averaging 3% gain daily...

You probably need to scale back a bit
Maximus Johnson
AG
I don't understand how options work so I haven't bought any. I am in to buy some if you or someone would show me which buttons to press lol
Maximus Johnson
AG
What do you mean by this?
Heineken-Ashi
bhanacik said:

ASO touched that $55 target this morning that HA mentioned a while back. I'm just watching for now as the charts to me don't look good. I got stopped out on shares back in April and haven't re-entered.
Wait for a good setup to form. Daily MACD is crossinig back down. No need to time the bottom. Earnings not until June 13.

McInnis 03
AG
Maximus Johnson said:

I just want to say thanks to this board I have been averaging 3% gain daily on my play money/savings account. I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to stonks or the stonk market in general.

I feel like I am getting greedy not selling HUMA at 100% profit. If only I could wrap my head around how calls worked......
sell half your HUMA.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
3% a day in gains means you probably have too much risk exposure, which works if you are long in an epic bull run, but can turn on you quick
bhanacik
AG
yep, that's the plan. glad to hear others confirm what I'm seeing as well
flashplayer
AG
No one else looking at AMD I guess. I have been wondering the last couple days if it was at the start of an up move. So far it is.
El_duderino
I've been just watching it. Perfect bounce off vwap almost to the penny at 9:15 candle before pushing back up. I think it might push 180 as there's lack of volume between there and the current price.

That was supposed to be a reply to FP. Not sure why it didn't respond directly to him
AgPT06
AG
Well my MGNI covered calls are going to steal my shares I have had for quite some time. Ive made a lot off selling CCs on spikes though so just have to remember that.
Chef Elko
AG
Making money in a small cap biotech? What's that?
Heineken-Ashi
flashplayer said:

No one else looking at AMD I guess. I have been wondering the last couple days if it was at the start of an up move. So far it is.
My bullish setup broke in a big way. This is likely a corrective bounce. Could pay off nicely, but I need it to prove itself a little before considering anything.

First Page Last Page
Page 6446 of 6488

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.