Is anyone watching the playoffs?

31,810 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Iowaggie
Head Ninja In Charge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jokic, maybe behind Larry Bird, is the GOAT 'He's just good at basketball...' guy.

The guy at the rec center or gym who just makes all the right passes, reads, shots, moves. Looks like he's playing at a different speed. Game is too easy for him in spite of what (appears to be) is a lack of athleticism. Even at the rec center back in undergrad, we'd play pick-up with some of the football guys and they moved like robots or bulldozers on the court. A lot of them sucked at basketball.

Then there's the random guy who looks like one of the campus bus driver kids who's just absolute washing everyone. The max version of this is Larry Bird and Jokic is getting up there. I love watching him play.
superunknown
AG
He's so fun to watch because he's got the ultimate old man at the Y/playground type game just whipping passes around, etc.
aggiephoenix02
Awwwwwee yeah! Game 2 is about to start!

Will the Heat bounce back?
Will Denver do show game 1 is gonna be how this series goes?

This guy doing the national anthem with that saxophone was badass!
Woods Ag
AG
Great game so far.

Jokic is always amazing. Butlers been bad again.
aggiephoenix02
It's been a fun game. The Heat are putting up a fight…
Woods Ag
AG
This is what I thought of when Duncan Robinson made that face…
Dan Scott
AG
Jokic only 3 assist
blackgoldag11
AG
Let's go heat!
Guitarsoup
AG
Dan Scott said:

Jokic only 3 assist
What a bum!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
After the Denver Nuggets led the Miami Heat 83-75 at the end of the 4th quarter, the Heat outscored the Nuggets 36-25 in the 4th quarter to defeat the Nuggets 111-108 in Game 2 on the road to tie the NBA Finals at 1-1. As a result, the Heat beat the Nuggets for the first time since a 125-105 win in the bubble on 8/1/20 and won in Denver for the first time since 106-98 win on 11/30/16. I noticed a few other statistics.

1. This was the Heat's 7th double-digit comeback this postseason.

2. The Heat improved to 7-5 in road games this postseason.

3. Dating back to the 2022 Eastern Conference First Round, the Heat have extended their streak to 7 consecutive playoff series with at least one road win.

4. The Heat snapped a 7-game losing streak (6 consecutive regular season games and 1 playoff game) in Denver.

5. The Nuggets lost a home playoff game for the first time this postseason and dropped to 9-1 in those games. Their previous home loss was a 107-88 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on 3/30 and home playoff loss was a 118-113 loss to the Golden State Warriors in the 2022 Western Conference First Round Game 3 on 4/21/22.

2022-23 Denver Nuggets Schedule | ESPN

https://www.landofbasketball.com/head_to_head_gl/heat_vs_nuggets_game_log_season.htm
La Bamba
AG
I thought the Nuggets would run away with this series after Game 1. Glad I was wrong. That was some fun basketball that was just played.
aggiephoenix02
ttt for tonight's game…
blackgoldag11
AG
Let's go heat!
BTKAG97
AG
Dwayne Wade's shirt is a 1950s table covering.
blackgoldag11
AG
Heat trying to play the nuggets game right now
blackgoldag11
AG
2 very questionable calls on Vincent right there
blackgoldag11
AG
These refs are ducking terrible
blackgoldag11
AG
Jokic gets away with all the pushes down low but gets every call when he's the one getting shoved. He came down, shoved bam clear as day Nd then flops when lowery touches him, foul
The Pilot
AG
The Christian Braun show.
Woods Ag
AG
The game needs to stop rewarding flopping. It's out of control, but Jokic is playing to how the game is called.

I hate it… but a championship is on the line.

How about Braun.. kid is showing up in game 3 of the finals! Lol
aggiephoenix02
I don't see any way Miami can win this series…
Guitarsoup
AG

Jokic >>>>> Durant.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Denver Nuggets bounced back from a very disappointing loss at home in Game 2 to defeat the Miami Heat by 15 points in Game 3 on the road to take a 2-1 lead. As a result, the Nuggets have won 4 consecutive road playoff games, dating back to a win in the Western Conference Semifinals Game 6 at Phoenix. In contrast, the Heat have lost 3 consecutive home games, dating back to a loss to the Boston Celtics in Eastern Conference Finals Game 4.
The Pilot
AG
GrayMatter
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Jokic >>>>> Durant.
I don't think America hates Jokic. American doesn't know Jokic. He didn't play college ball and aside from winning a couple of MVP's, he hasn't really done anything.

After winning a championship we can talk about his place in NBA history because it's pretty much still non-existent.

So, no, we shouldn't hold him in the same regard as Magic or Bird. His place in NBA history is just starting to come together; he's not in the same conversation as Olajuwon, Robinson, Russell, Nowitzki, Chamberlin or Shaq, yet.
The Pilot
AG
GrayMatter said:

Guitarsoup said:

Jokic >>>>> Durant.
I don't think America hates Jokic. American doesn't know Jokic. He didn't play college ball and aside from winning a couple of MVP's, he hasn't really done anything.

After winning a championship we can talk about his place in NBA history because it's pretty much still non-existent.

So, no, we shouldn't hold him in the same regard as Magic or Bird. His place in NBA history is just starting to come together; he's not in the same conversation as Olajuwon, Robinson, Russell, Nowitzki, Chamberlin or Shaq, yet.
When did winning back-to-back mvps become a no big deal.
Guitarsoup
AG
GrayMatter said:

Guitarsoup said:

Jokic >>>>> Durant.

Joker has two MVPs and I'll take his peak in this playoff run over anything any other modern day center has ever had.
GrayMatter
AG
Ever since Finals MVP >>> Regular Season MVP
GrayMatter
AG
Guitarsoup said:

GrayMatter said:

Guitarsoup said:

Jokic >>>>> Durant.

Joker has two MVPs and I'll take his peak in this playoff run over anything any other modern day center has ever had.
I'm not dismissing anything the Joker has done, really. I'm only pointing out why he hasn't gotten much love. He's putting the Denver Nuggets on the NBA history map there's no mistake about that. But we also shouldn't get carried away in comparing him to a great.
Woods Ag
AG
the past 2 seasons Jamaal Murray was hurt. He should have probably won the MVP this year to make it 3 in a row. When they started clamoring about him winning a 3rd time Kendrick Perkins threw out that if he wins a 3rd time it's because he's white and then all the white voters started comign up with reasons why he didn't deserve it while also condemning that they'd only vote for him bc he was white. Either way it had the intended effect. He also didn't help himself as they pulled back a bit the last month of the season while that loser Embiid did everythign he could inclduing campaigning for the MVP.

2x MVP

Amongst other centers all time:

Passing: #1
Outside Shooting: #2
Mid-Range: Easy top 5 - maybe 2-3
Inside Game: Top 5? Easy Top 10. He's unstoppable inside, doesn't really matter where he ranks. He scores inside when he wants.

Rebounding: Formidable

Defense: sub par

The whole offense runs thru him. He's their point guard, can go coast to coast, can pull up from anywhere, can spot up anywhere. He ALWAYs hits the open guy and makes some of the most incredible passes.
Guitarsoup
AG
He's underrated as a defender. He isn't Hakeem or Robinson, but he's very very underrated.

The heat were 3/19 shooting on shots that Jokic contested last night when Jokic also put up 30/20/10.
Woods Ag
AG
He plays his role within their defensive system is a fair way to put it?

He isn't goign to lock anyone down, but if they can keep him near the basket and not let him get pulled away he's more than fine.
AggieEP
Hard to take anyone serious saying Jokic hasn't done anything. He's literally the perfect player. Guy wins two straight MVP awards and then actually shoots the ball 3 times less per game this year while having a true shooting % of 70%. Then he goes into the playoffs and he's averaging a triple double on great efficiency. For his playoff career he's a 50/40/80 shooter while dropping in 28 a game. If he keeps this up he pretty much will have just completed the greatest playoff run in the history of the game.

He's a bit of a turd and can get cajoled into using his body to retaliate on the court with silly fouls, but the game itself is as good as there is. Literally some of the most beautiful basketball ever, even my wife who is only a casual fan has started to pick up on the brilliance that ensues every time Jokic gets a rebound and pushes in transition. It's a guaranteed open look almost every single time down the floor.

If I'm starting an NBA team today, I take him 1st and I don't even have to think about it very hard.

He'll win Finals MVP this year and then the losers that like to pretend winning a championship is everything can go find a new player to make snarky comments about how they "haven't done anything."
aggiephoenix02
Well put…
GrayMatter
AG
AggieEP said:

Hard to take anyone serious saying Jokic hasn't done anything. He's literally the perfect player. Guy wins two straight MVP awards and then actually shoots the ball 3 times less per game this year while having a true shooting % of 70%. Then he goes into the playoffs and he's averaging a triple double on great efficiency. For his playoff career he's a 50/40/80 shooter while dropping in 28 a game. If he keeps this up he pretty much will have just completed the greatest playoff run in the history of the game.

He's a bit of a turd and can get cajoled into using his body to retaliate on the court with silly fouls, but the game itself is as good as there is. Literally some of the most beautiful basketball ever, even my wife who is only a casual fan has started to pick up on the brilliance that ensues every time Jokic gets a rebound and pushes in transition. It's a guaranteed open look almost every single time down the floor.

If I'm starting an NBA team today, I take him 1st and I don't even have to think about it very hard.

He'll win Finals MVP this year and then the losers that like to pretend winning a championship is everything can go find a new player to make snarky comments about how they "haven't done anything."
Loser because I have an opinion? Have much reading comprehension? Is that you Coach Malone?

I never said the Joker hasn't done anything. I was refuting the tweet that "America hates him because he's not Larry or Magic".

I said that America doesn't know Jokic because he hasn't done anything but win two regular season MVP's which we all know is a popularity contest not necessarily the best NBA player. His numbers are gaudy and his accomplishments are growing by the game. He's 28 years old and in the prime of his career, he'll only get better, but I also added that he's nowhere near a great to be in the same breath as Magic or Bird.

You can't tell me that regular season MVP's mean more than Finals MVP's. Even the players don't care about them. All the players that I mentioned before do have Finals MVP's or multiple Finals under their belt so if he wins one then great, he's at Nowitzki's level. You just can't compare a really good player, a superstar in the making to a HOF great with multiple championships or a Finals MVP.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.