Is anyone watching the playoffs?

31,815 Views | 450 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Iowaggie
Iraq2xVeteran
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Miami Heat's 110-105 win in Boston in Game 2 was the 6th playoff game in which they rallied from a 10+ point deficit. As a result, the Miami Heat take a 2-0 lead back home.
TyHolden
AG
Guess who coached Buckets in college?
Iowaggie
AG

Dan Scott
AG
Laker fans are too cool to their free white shirts
aggiephoenix02
I know, right!?! Laker fans are so cool…
LawHall88
AG
Yikes.
aggiephoenix02
Does he not even comb his hair? Geez…
aggiephoenix02
This game is badass. I'd like to see LA win just to keep the series going…
Know Your Enemy
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

This game is badass. I'd like to see LA win just to keep the series going…

I hate to be "that guy" but the officials appear to be dead set on this not being a sweep.
gambochaman
AG
Lebron traveled
LawHall88
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Does he not even comb his hair? Geez…
"We found Grandpa wandering around in the neighbor's back yard again…"
Grapesoda2525
Hoping the thuggets win it all. Could be good for the league to see a non-coastal / super star destination win.
Dan Scott
AG
This Nuggets team reminds me of the 95 Rockets. The entire team is ballin
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The Denver Nuggets won a crucial Game 3 in Los Angeles by 11 points to take a 3-0 lead. As a result, the Nuggets handed the Lakers, who were previously 6-0 in home playoff games, their first home playoff loss. I think the Lakers will stave off elimination with a Game 4 win on Monday, but the Nuggets will win Game 5 at home to oust the Lakers 4-1.
CFTXAG10
AG
Dan Scott said:

This Nuggets team reminds me of the 95 Rockets. The entire team is ballin

I wouldn't mind seeing a Nugs-Heat finals. Jimmy Buckets and Bam vs. Joker and Murray. I think Denver has the better supporting cast and will ultimately win the finals, but it could be fun
The Pilot
AG
GrayMatter
AG
Jamal Murray is the new Devin Booker.

The Lakers are toast, but I hope they keep it interesting and not completely roll over.

Likewise, the Celts are facing a similar situation against Miami tonight.
Guitarsoup
AG
Love seeing the Lakers lose and LeBron doesn't seem to have it in him anymore. Father time catching up.

This off-season will be interesting with the new punitive rules for tax.

LeBron 47mm
AD: 40.5mm
Beasley: 16mm, but not guaranteed. He's been at the end of the bench in the playoffs
Mo Bamba: 10.3mm, but not guaranteed. Injured for most of the playoffs, and a big disappointment otherwise.
Vanderbilt: 4.7mm
Harrison: 2.4mm (not guaranteed)
Christie: 1.7mm

Free Agents:

DLo
Reaves
Rui
Lonnie
Dennis Schroeder

Basically, five of their top seven guys are free agents and they are already at 124mm. Do they cut Beasley and Mo Bamba to save money, but lose depth in the process? I think they probably do with Beasley. Bamba and Beasley deadlines are 6/29.
Lake08
Bye bye Bron
CFTXAG10
AG

South Platte
GrayMatter said:

Not sure I follow. Booker is incredibly soft and seems like a front-runner. Murray is a tough dude and raises his game when the moment arrives.
Obi Wan Ginobili
South Platte said:

GrayMatter said:

Not sure I follow. Booker is incredibly soft and seems like a front-runner. Murray is a tough dude and raises his game when the moment arrives.

Did you see Booker this playoffs? He was completely dominant. His team sucked or was injured.
GigEmMortis
AG
As things stand right now, I don't see anyone beating this Miami team. This is incredible to watch
Guitarsoup
AG
1,2,3 CANCUN!
toucan82
surprised they didn't switch over to a movie or something

that was rough
superunknown
AG
tHe PlAy In ToUrNaMeNt Is DuMb
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
The No. 8 Miami Heat dominated the No. 2 Boston Celtics from start to finish in Game 3 to take a 3-0 series lead and improve to 11-3 in the playoffs (defeated the No. 1 Milwaukee Bucks 4-1, defeated the No. 5 New York Knicks 4-2), including 6-0 at home.
LawHall88
AG
Boston may be in the market for a new coach. This is embarrassing.
Guitarsoup
AG
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Fine, whatever. Can now admit the play-in tournament was a good idea.
La Bamba
AG
Just love this Heat team. They may not win it all but for an 8-seed to get to this point the way they have, really having dominated everyone in the East, incredible. What a job by Spo and the entire team and staff.
Obi Wan Ginobili
GigEmMortis said:

As things stand right now, I don't see anyone beating this Miami team. This is incredible to watch

Who on Miami is going to stop Jokic? Please say Zeller, I would pay money to watch those two vanilla goobers chase each other around.
TheNotoriousP.I.P.
AG
Lakers gameplan has been to get the ball out of Jokic's hands. I think Miami goes the other way and guards him straight up with Bam and focus on closing down passing lanes to force Joker to score in isolation.
GrayMatter
AG
Miami shot the lights out in yesterday's game but Denver is a whole different animal.

My thought is that the winner of DEN/LA series was going to win the whole thing because neither BOS or Miami has the bigs that can deal with Jokic or AD.

But I will say that it would be a good series because Miami has some dawgs that aren't going to lay down for anybody which is how they are getting by a talented Boston team. Boston just looks discombobulated and they look like a team that's about to get swept and that's because Miami has lifted their game more than any other team in the playoffs.

Defense wins championship and I feel like Miami is a slightly better defensively than Denver. Denver has some lapses here or there, but the Joker is playing really well. Maybe not so much against the Lakers compared to the Suns, but he's still averaging a triple double.

It looks like a compelling series, so we'll see, but we'll also see if these teams can actually sweep their opponent.
Iowaggie
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Fine, whatever. Can now admit the play-in tournament was a good idea.

I don't know. Lakers and Heat make it in the old format, the play-in also nearly eliminated the Heat as the Bulls were winning with 3 minutes left. Two years ago, the 8th place Warriors were also eliminated in the play-in.

I don't like that it is a one game playoff between the 7/8 loser and the 9/10 winner after an 82 game season.

Also, if a division winner like the Heat aren't guaranteed a playoff spot, then we need to eliminate the divisions, which I would totally be fine with.

Does it really reduce tanking, or does the potential draft quality, or lack thereof, impact tanking?

Maybe, it eliminates playoff teams losing games to improve first round opponent...maybe.

Anyways, I'll just go get my newspaper to read while on hold while I'm on my rotary phone with the VHS repair store.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.