* Liverpool 2023-2024 Thread *

71,926 Views | 1531 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by jeffk
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
YNWA.2013 said:

If you look closely, the guy committing the foul is in a City kit. So no foul

You guys were never going to get 2 penalties called against City
AustinScubaAg
AG
gougler08 said:

YNWA.2013 said:

If you look closely, the guy committing the foul is in a City kit. So no foul

You guys were never going to get 2 penalties called against City

Even if you deserved two.
AG@RICE
AG
Quansah, Virgil, Gomez, Endo and Macca were absolutely brilliant today. After a rough first 15, they completely stifled City's attack. We really should have got all 3 points today and probably could have scored 3 or 4 with better finishing.

Arsenal still have to go to City, so this isn't the worst result.
Crispin Torque
I will be seeing some of those missed Diaz chances in my nightmares.

Endo and Mac Allister absolutely bossing the Man City midfield was the surprise of the match to me. Amazing how good those two have been.

While Salah had a few moments, I felt the second half subs took some of teeth out of the attack. Nunez to Gakpo is such a big drop off and Bradley had been very active on the right side.

I have to laugh at some of the reactions to the Doku challenge at the end. It was either a clear pen or not even a foul depending on your rooting interest.
YNWA.2013
I think we had them in the second half. But City did still have a chance or two to steal it. I think if you had offered us a draw at the start, we would have been happy to take it. Would have loved all 3 points (and we had the chances to do so) but a draw keeps us in the race. And with 10 games to go, anything can happen. Still have EVERYTHING to play for!

-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
AG
That was a ride and a half.

Loved how our midfield played. Really dominated large stretches of the match. Wish Diaz had converted one of his chances - would have been absolutely huge for him (and all the rest of us obviously too). Officiating was about normal for what we've seen all year, so consistently inconsistent. I do love the enduring LiVARpool narrative that never goes away despite any data to the contrary.

Happy with a point even though I felt like we should have taken all three. Of the three teams at the top of the leaderboard, I feel like we have the easier run-in, but I don't really expect any of us to have a perfect 30 point finish.
AustinScubaAg
AG
Crispin Torque said:

I will be seeing some of those missed Diaz chances in my nightmares.

Endo and Mac Allister absolutely bossing the Man City midfield was the surprise of the match to me. Amazing how good those two have been.

While Salah had a few moments, I felt the second half subs took some of teeth out of the attack. Nunez to Gakpo is such a big drop off and Bradley had been very active on the right side.

I have to laugh at some of the reactions to the Doku challenge at the end. It was either a clear pen or not even a foul depending on your rooting interest.

As an arsenal fan hoping for a draw I can say I felt it is 100% a penalty. It does not matter if he got the ball. Studs to chest is a foul all day everyday. That is the definition of endangering the opponent.
YNWA.2013
This is the League Title right here.

09.23.2023 Liverpool at Tottenham:
LiVARpool having a goal disallowed at Spurs (not to mention Udogie tripping over himself and Jota getting sent off for it). I think we go on to win that game but for argument's sake, let's say we should have had a point at the very least.

12.23.2023 Arsenal at Liverpool. LiVARpool are denied a penalty despite Odegaard clearly handling the ball impeding Salah's progression with it. Two points dropped.

03.10.2024 Man City at Liverpool. LiVARpool denied a penalty when Doku goes studs to the chest on Alexis Mac Allister. If we go back to the Tottenham game, Curtis Jones gets sent off for going over the ball and into the Bissouma's ankle. Doku goes through the ball and into Mac Allister's chest. Anywhere else on the pitch, that's a foul and a yellow at the very least. Two points dropped.

We have dropped points we shouldn't have against Luton and Man United, I'd argue even the Brighton draw but I can accept those bc that was our ineffectiveness that didn't lead to wins. You take those, learn from them, and move on. These three incidents are different with referee mistakes directly leading to different results and altering season trajectories. I get referees make mistakes but VAR was supposed to aide in this. And they have failed us now on three (at the very least) HUGE decisions.

I think we are in control of our own destiny. Keep winning and we send Klopp of with a second PL title (I would argue he should already have two. See: Rodri handball vs Everton, a season where we lost the title by 1 point. Oh and the referee for that game: Paul Tierney). But what a difference 5 more points would be at this stage.

-FTA c/o 2013
AG@RICE
AG
And once again so Jeff can hear me all the way in the back....VAR hasn't improved the game one bit.
jeffk
AG
Why am I in the back?
YNWA.2013
Officially official
-FTA c/o 2013
FriedTex
AG
Who do we think the second club is?
jeffk
AG
I think Arsenal playing ET and advancing in CL is good for us.
ChipFTAC01
AG
jeffk said:

Yep
gougler08
AG
jeffk said:

Probably advancing is more important than the ET. Our (Arsenal) next game isn't til Easter weekend against City so the ET probably doesn't matter much but the congestion will be an issue especially with the Chelsea match to get put in there somewhere too
YNWA.2013
It's more wear on the tires, for sure. Arteta only trusts his starting eleven + Trossard and Jesus. There is very little, if any, rotation that happens. They have been very fortunate with injuries too. 10 games is a lot of football left to be played.
-FTA c/o 2013
jeffk
YNWA.2013
ChipFTAC01
OregonAggie
RossG_2
jeffk
AG
Excited to see how few people I recognize in the starting 11 today.
jeffk
AG
jeffk said:

Excited to see how few people I recognize in the starting 11 today.

Welp, nevermind!

young eugene
AG
well that escalated quickly
hoosierAG
AG
Wow....I am really, really surprised by that. Kind of crazy with this agg lead and the FA game at Man U on Sunday.
young eugene
AG
hoosierAG
AG
And it's 4-0 14 minutes in. Make the subs now.
jeffk
AG
I guess he's trying to get guys minutes to keep up routine and build towards Sunday.
YNWA.2013
I'm just glad we made it through with no apparent injuries. Bring on United on Sunday!
-FTA c/o 2013
YNWA.2013
We drew Atalanta in the Europa League QF
-FTA c/o 2013
YNWA.2013
It's set up for us to meet Xabi Alonso and Leverkusen in the Final….
-FTA c/o 2013
OregonAggie
jeffk
YNWA.2013
ChipFTAC01

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.