Houston
Sponsored by

*****2024 Houston Weather*****

221,870 Views | 1906 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by CDUB98
Kenneth_2003
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was gone enough last year...

2800 W2 hrs... Oh and I had NOTHING to do with the fire here at IAH this morning
Furlock Bones
AG
These ****ing mosquitoes man.
texasaggie2015
AG
You're not kidding. Played golf on Saturday and was getting chewed up.
Cromagnum
AG

Storms, hail, and wind. And then some Naders for our Cajun cousins.
AgLA06
AG
That'd too grainy to be readable. Can you post them separately?
Cromagnum
AG
Done
AgLA06
AG
Thank you!
texasaggie2015
AG
This drive home at 4pm from downtown to The Woodlands is going to be fun
Cromagnum
AG
Already popping off in San Antonio like some bigole women with churros wrappers.
El Gallo Blanco
Furlock Bones said:

Went to Mia's in Cypress friday evening, which sits behind a large grass field. We decided to eat ice cream with our three year old on the bench out front before leaving and got absolutely annihilated. Well, the wife got zero somehow, but me and the little one got chewed up bad, even as we were running to the truck. Then they were inside the truck. One of the bites was right next to her eye and I felt bad the next morning when it was almost swelled shut like Rocky Balboa.

I think the outer suburbs are going to be a nightmare this year. With all of the open grass fields basically having sat with standing water for extended periods of time. Perfect breeding grounds.

PS - Do Asian people ever get bit? My wife is a Korean chinaman and she almost never gets bit.
maroon barchetta
El Gallo Blanco said:

Furlock Bones said:

Went to Mia's in Cypress friday evening, which sits behind a large grass field. We decided to eat ice cream with our three year old on the bench out front before leaving and got absolutely annihilated. Well, the wife got zero somehow, but me and the little one got chewed up bad, even as we were running to the truck. Then they were inside the truck. One of the bites was right next to her eye and I felt bad the next morning when it was almost swelled shut like Rocky Balboa.

I think the outer suburbs are going to be a nightmare this year. With all of the open grass fields basically having sat with standing water for extended periods of time. Perfect breeding grounds.

PS - Do Asian people ever get bit? My wife is a Korean chinaman and she almost never gets bit.

WAT
Cromagnum
AG
I don't know why mosquitoes have been so bad in my area. I've had 0.25 inches of rain for the entire month so far and it wasn't even all at once.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
maroon barchetta said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Furlock Bones said:

WAT

Their pores are slanted so round american mosquito noses won't fit.
Ag_07
AG
Cromagnum said:

I don't know why mosquitoes have been so bad in my area. I've had 0.25 inches of rain for the entire month so far and it wasn't even all at once.

IIRC larva can be laid and survive for several months with no water then when it rains they hatch.

So basically a small amount of rain can result in larger amount of mosquitos.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Does pouring gasoline down the storm drain still work to slow their growth?
Ag_07
AG
Jugstore Cowboy said:

Does pouring gasoline down the storm drain still work to slow their growth?

Bleach
El Gallo Blanco
maroon barchetta said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

Furlock Bones said:

WAT
Just a little casual soft racism on a boring monday morning. All in good fun.
spadilly
S
texasaggie2015
AG
And here we go.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

I'm going with Darwin long ago weeded out all the people groups susceptible to mosquitoes and mosquito born illnesses in southeast asia. On the other hand, my Scottish self living in Texas wouldn't have made it to adulthood before the discovery of quinine.
gougler08
AG
**** it's coming down sideways in SW Houston now
CheeseSndwch
El Gallo Blanco said:

Do Asian people ever get bit? My wife is a Korean chinaman and she almost never gets bit.

Dude, Chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature, Asian-American, please.
Cromagnum
AG
Don't look towards Corpus...
Martin Q. Blank
Oriental
Sea Speed
AG
What kind of wind speeds are yall seeing?
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
went six to midnight on the east side of the HOU fast.
TitanAGGIE09
AG
I'm currently on a JSX flight trying to get back to hobby. We've been circling in Louisiana for about 45min. Bet we end up back in Dallas. My rain gauge showing 3"+ an hour rate
Kenneth_2003
AG
I just looked at the radar! What the hell did y'all do while I was in the air to Calgary???
AgLA06
AG
Watched it rain like every other late spring / early summer in southeast Texas.
schmellba99
AG
Anti-taxxer said:

People like this infuriate me. They willingly and knowingly doing something selfish and stupid, which necessitates first responders not only having to put themselves at risk to save them, but possibly using resources that are needed for actual emergencies.

I truly feel that if you fail to use common sense, you should be left to find your own way out.
In AZ they have "The Stupid Motorist Law", where if you knowingly go into something like a flooded area and have to be rescued, you get to pay for that rescue. All of it, time, materials, fuel, equipment, etc.
Cromagnum
AG
I have never seen so many people driving 30 in the left lane with hazards on.
schmellba99
AG
Cromagnum said:

I have never seen so many people driving 30 in the left lane with hazards on.
You should be able to get up under them, get them loose, and put them in the wall for this offense.

When did the stupidity of driving with hazards on for things like rain or having something in the bed of your truck become a thing? And why the F is the state not doing everything possible to waffle stomp it down the drain?
Al Bula
AG
schmellba99 said:

And why the F is the state not doing everything possible to waffle stomp it down the drain?
aTm2004
AG
TitanAGGIE09 said:

I'm currently on a JSX flight trying to get back to hobby. We've been circling in Louisiana for about 45min. Bet we end up back in Dallas. My rain gauge showing 3"+ an hour rate

Hobby grounded planes a couple hours ago because lightning struck a runway and blew a hole in it. Gonna take awhile to get that repaired because the concrete is going to have to cure.
maroon barchetta
Al Bula said:

schmellba99 said:

And why the F is the state not doing everything possible to waffle stomp it down the drain?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.