Asking a 3rd time? CSISD School Board Approves A Third Attempt To...

56,489 Views | 524 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by welborn
befitter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MsDoubleD81 said:

I thought all of it was together. When are runoffs?
Was annoyed to go vote today and realize that this was a "special election" and the run off was not included....so we vote AGAIN at the end of the month. What a complete waste of resources.
Independence H-D
befitter said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

Was annoyed to go vote today and realize that this was a "special election" and the run off was not included....so we vote AGAIN at the end of the month. What a complete waste of resources.

FYI

The state sets the election dates not the district. No guarantee there will be a runoff election is why the dates are separate. Has always been separate.
althormoon
CSISD building was surprisingly busy. Also I'm not a legal expert but it seems pretty inappropriate to have kids with a tent covered with signs et up in the middle of the parking lot right outside the polling location and holding signs along the street. Pretty sure that would be illegal in a state/federal election but I guess they get away with it because this is just local.
jwj
Not illegal in any election if they are not within the proscribed distance
jim james
befitter
Independence H-D said:

befitter said:

MsDoubleD81 said:

FYI

The state sets the election dates not the district. No guarantee there will be a runoff election is why the dates are separate. Has always been separate.
Good info. But one would think they could just add special elections to a date already set for runoffs.....in case there is a runoff. Waste of resources.
MsDoubleD81
AG
When was the last vote that got rejected?
Koko Chingo
AG
jwj said:

Students and a mom were right at our car when we voted this afternoon. When we exited the building the mom was asking everyone, "Did you vote yes?" And if you said yes, they would ask you to register to win an Amazon gift card.

Then come to find out my own kids were out on the street earlier today holding signs, etc.
techno-ag
AG
Koko Chingo said:

jwj said:

Students and a mom were right at our car when we voted this afternoon. When we exited the building the mom was asking everyone, "Did you vote yes?" And if you said yes, they would ask you to register to win an Amazon gift card.

Then come to find out my own kids were out on the street earlier today holding signs, etc.
People could lie and win the gift card.
JaxDad
AG
Anyone know how long after the polls close at 7 will we see the outcome?
jwj
I voted Was never asked how I voted just if I voted Interested if anyone else was asked how they voted
jim james
Tailgate88
AG
jwj said:

I voted Was never asked how I voted just if I voted Interested if anyone else was asked how they voted

JMac03
AG
Tailgate88 said:

jwj said:

I wasn't, but I early voted at the MSC.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Still not posted on KBTX.

https://www.kbtx.com/politics/election-results/
etmydst
AG
etmydst
AG
KaneIsAble
Stupe
MiMi
lockett93
AG
Regardless of your position, I think it's stupid that 5,500 people decided this for the third time and that it wasn't lined up with the runoff elections.
FlyRod
curry97
JMac03
KaneIsAble
AG
Should've invited some friends
lockett93
AG
I'm OK with it passing. Just not the way it passed.
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
lockett93 said:

Regardless of your position, I think it's stupid that 5,500 people decided this for the third time and that it wasn't lined up with the runoff elections.

As noted above, the Secretary of State set the Uniform Election Date today for cities and school districts.

In the end, people will come out and vote when the care enough about an issue. Which is why presidential elections have the most voters. In reality, elections like today effect the most citizens directly, and yet the fewest people seem to care.
threecatcorner
Independence H-D said:

Fallacy. 2nd for this package so the 3rd time is really false. 2021 had $5 mil for athletics. Feedback indicated that the public wished for a reduced amount and a repackaging. That is what has been provided for you to vote on..

How is this a reduced amount? It said $40 million for Prop A and $10 million for Prop B. I don't remember what amounts they asked for last time, but if they were asking for $5 million at that time, $50 million isn't exactly less.

$50 million is a lot. Seems like it should be decided by more people, not at a random
Saturday afternoon as the only items on the ballot.
dogowner
Great job everyone we got it done for the kids!

No more facilities worse than all the other schools in the district, and places our kids can be proud of and excited to play in practice in!

whoop!
lightswitch
For those who voted against, don't worry we will use the same tactic the school board used the first two times it was rejected.... It will be on the ballot in August, on a Wednesday, and voting hours will be between 2am and 4am... remember it's for the kids. Don't worry about debt. It will be those kids problem anyways.
R.R. Ag
threecatcorner said:

Independence H-D said:

Fallacy. 2nd for this package so the 3rd time is really false. 2021 had $5 mil for athletics. Feedback indicated that the public wished for a reduced amount and a repackaging. That is what has been provided for you to vote on..

How is this a reduced amount? It said $40 million for Prop A and $10 million for Prop B. I don't remember what amounts they asked for last time, but if they were asking for $5 million at that time, $50 million isn't exactly less.

$50 million is a lot. Seems like it should be decided by more people, not at a random
Saturday afternoon as the only items on the ballot.

A random saturday afternoon vote? Like this thing was snuck across the finish line in the cover of darkness? Do you live under a rock? Early voting has been open for weeks and this has been a major conversation in our community for months. There's also been signs on every street corner in College Station

And "it should be decided by more people". What the hell does that mean? Everyone who pays CSISD taxes had the option to vote and less than 5500 showed up at the poles, so thats who decided. That's how elections work
JMac03
AG
How long before these improvements are made? Does it start almost immediately?
CS78
Lets hope that the difficulty in getting this passed will result in better stewardship of the money and a reduced expectation that the tap will always flow freely.
etmydst
AG
Exactly. It was decided by those on both sides that cared enough to vote.
Vinewood_03
Bryan ISD on the clock now.
agaberto
lockett93 said:

Less than half as many voters than the election last Nov.

It went exactly as planned. Crooked
agaberto
doubledog said:

PSA : These two trustees will be up for reelection this November to the CSISD school board.
Make a difference when you vote.

DARIN PAINE - Place 1

Position: Vice President
Originally Elected: 2021
Current Term: 1st
Term Expires: November 2024

BLAINE DECKER - Place 2

Position: Trustee
Originally Elected: 2021
Current Term: 1st
Term Expires: November 2024

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.