Asking a 3rd time? CSISD School Board Approves A Third Attempt To...

55,762 Views | 524 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by welborn
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tomorrow's the big day and I hope it passes.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Shady shady. Failed twice already and trying to push it through at an odd time when voter turnout will be low and the previously failed bonds are the only 2 things on the ballot.
JMac03
AG
Last day! Go Vote!!

CSISD Administration
CS Utilities
Wellborn Baptist
Tailgate88
AG
JMac03 said:

Last day! Go Vote!!

CSISD Administration
CS Utilities
Wellborn Baptist

Last day to vote FOR the bond is today. If you're voting against it, you can vote tomorrow and your vote counts double.

Edit please note the winky face. Trying to bring a little humor to the situation. Actually the last day to vote no was yesterday.
Independence H-D
Careful. Some of them might believe it.
MsDoubleD81
AG
Sorry. Went today. NO and NO.
Independence H-D
[Stop. -Staff]
Tailgate88
AG
MsDoubleD81 said:

Sorry. Went today. NO and NO.

I'm sorry too.
rich1
AG
Independence H-D said:

I typed out a long and thoughtful response. I decided to delete it because today I just feel like laughing at y'all.

Probably best so you don't self own again. Attacking other posters intelligence who disagree with you is not a good way to sway votes. The doughnuts/chips at the polling location are probably more effective. Tiger Club would not let me/my business earmark donations for softball 4 years ago. Everything had to go to them and they distributed as they saw fit. This rubbed me the wrong way so I sought out other ways to contribute to the team and players. I know the facilities are sub par. I was on the fence about the bond. The insults directed towards those in opposition swayed my vote to a no.
Independence H-D
So, because I'm a smart aleck you are going to [You are going to get banned if we have to remove another post of yours for it. -Staff]
Makes sense.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
Come on. Even you have to admit that this election is pretty underhanded. It has already been voted down twice. The people have spoken but CSISD wants what they want so they are holding an election, not advertising that the election is even happening and at a different time than the other elections (and on a Saturday instead of a Tuesday) and just banking that the majority who have consistently voted no won't realize what is even happening. They will ram this through in sketchy, shady ways but many will celebrate because at least they will get their ways. Will of the people be ****ed.
Independence H-D
Fallacy. 2nd for this package so the 3rd time is really false. 2021 had $5 mil for athletics. Feedback indicated that the public wished for a reduced amount and a repackaging. That is what has been provided for you to vote on..

Independence H-D
I believe voting is one of our highest responsibilities as citizens.

I know that voting based on emotion and misinformation is one of the reasons why government on many levels is a Charlie foxtrot.

I have little tolerance for those who do not put the effort in to do their own research, take part in spreading misinformation or outright fallacies and therefore don't take this high responsibility seriously.

If you've done what you need to do to be an informed voter, then I don't care which side you vote for. At least you did it with integrity.

techno-ag
AG
It probably will pass.

"When people discover they can vote themselves money, that is the end of the Republic."

- Benjamin Franklin
A Net Full of Jello
AG
How do you feel about elections for a single issue on an odd day not associated with elections weeks before the other elections people are aware of? That's not on the citizens and 100% on the people trying to shove this through when they know it wouldn't pass if all the citizens were aware of when the election was.
Tailgate88
AG
A Net Full of Jello said:

Come on. Even you have to admit that this election is pretty underhanded. It has already been voted down twice. The people have spoken but CSISD wants what they want so they are holding an election, not advertising that the election is even happening and at a different time than the other elections (and on a Saturday instead of a Tuesday) and just banking that the majority who have consistently voted no won't realize what is even happening. They will ram this through in sketchy, shady ways but many will celebrate because at least they will get their ways. Will of the people be ****ed.

That is a complete mischaracterization of the facts. Social media is full of ads notifying people to vote. The district has an informational and factual website they have been promoting for people to go educate themselves on the contents of the bond package. There are signs and banners everywhere.

You are entitled to your opinion and your vote but what you posted is just not true.
doubledog
[Same message that we gave Independence H-D. -Staff]
Independence H-D

How do you feel about elections for a single issue on an odd day not associated with elections weeks before the other elections people are aware of? That's not on the citizens and 100% on the people trying to shove this through when they know it wouldn't pass if all the citizens were aware of when the election was.

Voter turnout for the last election was 17.5%. roughly 10,000 people. So for you to say that the people have spoken is a fallacy. I would also say that the majority of people who cast a vote on this issue in the last election were not informed.

By having this as the sole issue on this election and by better informing the public they are giving 100% of voters an opportunity to make an informed decision.

Yeah, sounds pretty shady.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
I've seen nothing on social media and my child doesn't attend school is csisd. There are signs just like there are signs for Bentley Nettles, Tom Maynard, and Mary Bone but those elections are after this one which no one is really expecting. Unless a person has a reason to look into it, they easily could be unaware this election is happening right now.
A Net Full of Jello
AG
So if vote turnout this time is under 17% but passes, do you think the people have spoken?
Independence H-D
Texags is social media. I'm pretty sure you saw it here.
trouble
AG
This is a pretty common date for non county elections though. It's not like CSISD just picked it out of thin air.

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/laws/advisory2023-25.shtml

"May 4, 2024 Election and June 15, 2024 Runoff Election Law Calendar
The uniform election date in May of an even-numbered year is a date on which many local political subdivisions, such as cities, school districts, and water districts, have their regular general elections for members of their governing bodies or special elections to fill vacancies. Therefore, this calendar is required to meet the needs of many diverse governmental bodies."
Independence H-D
I think that 100% of the people who care about this, one way or the other, have the opportunity to vote.
aginresearch
AG
Is there one sign in town that has the May 4th date on it around College Station? I've seen all the signs and I don't remember a single one having the date on it.
Independence H-D
Tailgate88
AG
aginresearch said:

Is there one sign in town that has the May 4th date on it around College Station? I've seen all the signs and I don't remember a single one having the date on it.

Do any of the other election signs have dates on them? If you want to vote, you look up the election date.
techno-ag
AG
Tailgate88 said:

aginresearch said:

Do any of the other election signs have dates on them? If you want to vote, you look up the election date.
People can also look up where to vote etc. at https://www.votetexas.gov

Tailgate88
AG

I've seen nothing on social media and my child doesn't attend school is csisd. There are signs just like there are signs for Bentley Nettles, Tom Maynard, and Mary Bone but those elections are after this one which no one is really expecting. Unless a person has a reason to look into it, they easily could be unaware this election is happening right now.

Well I will concede that if you don't follow CSISD or any of the various sports, fine arts, or booster clubs then you haven't seen it on social media.
Buford T. Justice
AG
This entire process has been poorly marketed and communicated. I can't wait for the election to pass.
I'm sick of hearing the conversation drone on for both cases for support, and cases for declining to support.

"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
techno-ag
AG
Well it's in the hay of the voters now. We should know soon which way it went.
wasntme
Just voted, YES and YES!!

It was great to see the students and families out there in support!!
MsDoubleD81
AG
I thought all of it was together. When are runoffs?
MiMi
S
MsDoubleD81 said:

I thought all of it was together. When are runoffs?

Early voting is May 20-24
Election Day is May 28
MiMi
S
Voted at the CS Meeting and Training Facility around noon today (yes and yes). I was surprised at how busy it was. A mix of senior citizens and parents with high school age children. I'm curious to find out the total number of voters.
doubledog

So if vote turnout this time is under 17% but passes, do you think the people have spoken?
Yes, what ever the vote is it is.
If it passes or fails so be it.
Let this be the final time we see this bond, one way or another.
Do you agree?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.