No thread about Kristi Noem?

21,539 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by TarponChaser
TequilaMockingbird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I see one thread got nuked for no content.

Here's one article- https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4627654-noem-defends-herself-over-criticism-for-killing-dog/

Noem under fire after revealing in her book that she once had to put down a dog on their farm. We all know this stuff is sometimes necessary on a farm/ranch but sheesh, this really seems like something that is better left unsaid.

On the other hand, it's hilarious- and typical- that the article later points out her opposition to abortion. So, they don't mind killing babies- just don't kill an aggressive dog?
DarkBrandon01
AG
I don't think dogs should be treated like farm animals
CanyonAg77
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

Never lived on a farm or ranch, huh?
aggiepanic95
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

Farmers treat their animals very well. That's why they work all day everyday to keep them fed and healthy. Dogs, unfortunately, sometimes need compassion and that results in being put down.

I wouldn't expect you to know any of this bc it takes someone that has been around farming, ranching, or ag to understand this and based on your posting history, you are a dem loving city dweller who has terrible opinions about anything associated with hard working, God loving Americans.
80sGeorge
AG
Yeah don't put it in a book.

Dogs that kill neighbors chickens need to be put down.
TexAgs91
AG
> No thread about Kristi Noem?

I found one
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3457896
I identify as Ultra-MAGA
ttu_85
DarkBrandon01 said:

I hear some libs want to treat them like a spouse. Hell many of them dont know what gender they are so its reasonable to assume they wont be clear on their species either.

Kristi is a target for the left. They will attack her with all kinds of insane charges or rumors.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

What about human babies?
FIDO*98*
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

If a dog shows aggressive behavior towards humans without provocation, putting it down isn't treating it like a farm animal
SA68AG
AG
It was flat out dumb to put that in a book.
Ragoo
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

don't watch Old Yeller then
DarkBrandon01
AG
aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

Farmers treat their animals very well. That's why they work all day everyday to keep them fed and healthy. Dogs, unfortunately, sometimes need compassion and that results in being put down.

I wouldn't expect you to know any of this bc it takes someone that has been around farming, ranching, or ag to understand this and based on your posting history, you are a dem loving city dweller who has terrible opinions about anything associated with hard working, God loving Americans.

If dogs are on the same level as farm animals, is it okay to cook and eat their meat like we do with cows, chickens, and pigs?
MaroonStain
AG
I am just glad the lizard lady from South Carolina faded to Bolivia.
Sid Farkas
AG
I would've been nice if she made an effort to find the dog a home. This isn't 1850.
TX04Aggie
AG
Dogs are not people. Period. People always get pissy when I casually dismiss animals they are obsessed with, not because I dont care about the well being of their fur baby, but because I grew up on a farm and animals including dogs served a purpose, even the ones we considered a pet. Things happen on a farm/ranch sometimes and unfortunately for a specific reason you have to put the animal down. Not fun at all, but that is sometimes what happens. Ive known some libs, mainly women, who treat dogs as a husband or child replacement and they cant stand that I just think of it as a regular animal.
CanyonAg77
AG
Sid Farkas said:

I would've been nice if she made an effort to find the dog a home. This isn't 1850.

Are you offering your home to a terrier that has bitten people, killed chickens, and proved itself untrainable?
Proc92
Just a post term abortion.
aggiepanic95
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

If dogs are on the same level as farm animals, is it okay to cook and eat their meat like we do with cows, chickens, and pigs?

We don't typically eat donkeys, horses, or roosters either, but they are all treated with the same level respect. You are not very bright.
drewser95
AG
https://instagr.am/p/C6UmyCjNq6Y
zoneag
DarkBrandon01 said:

$500 bucks says you have a "dog mom" sticker on your Subaru
shaynew1
AG
So we can glass Gaza but not knock some dogs in the head
HumpitPuryear
AG
Brandon is probably also one of those libs that thinks their food comes from a grocery store.
Ag CPA
AG
I understand her reasoning but still stupid to put that in a book as a politician, probably "killed" her VP chances.
Sid Farkas
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Sid Farkas said:

Are you offering your home to a terrier that has bitten people, killed chickens, and proved itself untrainable?
I have a dog. Don't need another one. Thanks.

There dog rescue organizations in every state, and plenty of people who adopt troubled animals. I know several people who do.
Shoefly!
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

Dark Brandon, I don't think!
Buck Turgidson
Ragoo said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

don't watch Old Yeller then

Did Christie's dog have " the hydrophobie"?
peacedude
AG
Dogs are so inbred nowadays you are playing Russian Roulette if you buy or adopt a specific breed.

Mutts always live longer, and are much smarter. They just aren't as pretty - which is what Noem was obviously going for.

All my dad has ever had are mutts that were adopted, and lived to be 15+ years old. On the flip side, my ex step-dad only bought pure bloods that never even made it to 9yo.
aggie93
AG
SA68AG said:

It was flat out dumb to put that in a book.
This is the correct answer. Anyone that has every lived or worked on farms shrugs at this hubub because they get it. You love your animals but in the end you have to do stuff like this. Problem is that 70% of Americans have no clue as city or suburbanites and they many see this as worse than killing a child and will never get over it.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Buck Turgidson
A lot of white people can't really understand that dogs are not people.
Muy
AG
Talk about something that doesn't matter one iota to me.
El Gallo Blanco
Buck Turgidson said:

LOL very true. And I like dogs. But I'd kill our dog if she bit our daughter.
peacedude
AG
Muy said:

Talk about something that doesn't matter one iota to me.

Why is a Ken doll flat up front? Foreshadowing, or a cost cutting measure?
Sid Farkas
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

Pathetically, true.

However, in our society, domesticated dogs and horses are seen as being different than coyotes and cows. With good reason.
eric76
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

Buck Turgidson said:

LOL very true. And I like dogs. But I'd kill our dog if she bit our daughter.
Several years ago there was a family on the east coast with a dog that attacked a gardener who was there to prepare the grounds for some kind of party, I think.

It was a vicious attack that I think did some real nerve and muscle damage to the gardener.

The dog was ordered to be put down and the family started a public campaign to save their dog. Surprisingly, the campaign worked and the dog was spared.

Several months later, the dog attacked the man's mother-in-law. That time, they quietly put the dog down on their own.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net
rwtxag83
AG
TX04Aggie said:

Dogs are not people. Period. People always get pissy when I casually dismiss animals they are obsessed with, not because I dont care about the well being of their fur baby, but because I grew up on a farm and animals including dogs served a purpose, even the ones we considered a pet. Things happen on a farm/ranch sometimes and unfortunately for a specific reason you have to put the animal down. Not fun at all, but that is sometimes what happens. Ive known some libs, mainly women, who treat dogs as a husband or child replacement and they cant stand that I just think of it as a regular animal.
Bingo!

Dogs are not people. Putting a dog down when necessary should not be open to public scrutiny, unless it's being done by painful or cruel means. Making an animal suffer through wanton disregard or purposeful cruelty is different.

Our society has, IMHO, eroded it's base value on human life by trying to equate other animal life with human life. I will never agree that the life of a dog or a deer has the same value as that of a human.

If an individual decides they want to treat their own family pets/animals a certain way, that's up to them, but your methods of choice should not mean that others have to follow your path.
Greater love hath no man than this....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.