Are "Jesus Revolution" and "Unsung Hero" a turning point?

3,509 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 15 days ago by Faustus
AgBandsman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey...so.. um said:

BrazosDog02 said:

Four Seasons Landscaping said:

God can use anything to bring people to him but I'm always going to approach a business enterprise (which a movie that charges admission is) as a business before I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt as outreach.

That's why we stopped doing church. Church is a business too. They just use fancy words like "tithe". It's more palatable than "admission".

You're at the wrong church. There are churches that are not businesses. I pray uou keep looking and don't give up on church just because people suck.
My church just won "business of the year" from our city government, so....

(and they were proud of it)
richardag
BrazosDog02 said:

Eh…Jesus Revolution was a long and drawn out movie. It drove me further from religion than I was. It should have been titled "Leveraging Jesus for Financial Independence".

I hope unsung hero will be better but the JR wasn't great. Acting was good. Cast was awesome. Maybe "Jesus Revolution II: Joel Osteen Ministries" will get the point across.
Jesus Revolution was too long, however, I still enjoyed it and it brought back memories regarding this phenomenon I had forgotten.
Faustus
2wealfth Man said:

Jesus Revolution looks and feels like it is a production of the "He Gets Us" backers...has that same inclusivity vibe (que feet washing scene in the trailer).
Rex Ryan's favorite scene.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.