*****SURVIVOR 46 OFFICIAL THREAD*****

15,543 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by double aught
SZ
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am amazed at the confidence Liz had thinking she would easily win. Venus' glances were amusing.
Logos Stick
Terrible
ChickenAndWafflesAg
AG
A very underwhelming season
Heisenberg01
AG
Maria was a jealous ***** to not vote for Charlie. He played the same game as her and knew to take the shot to take her out. Jilted lover…
Logos Stick
Glad Maria didn't win it after hearing this.
rhutton125
AG
I don't love it but I get it. My worst nightmare (other than a first boot or medical evac) is getting crushed at final tribal because I didn't play bold enough or passionately enough or have a strong enough story. If you had to find a fault with Charlie, that'd be it. We saw him as 1A/1B with Maria but everyone else saw him as Maria's lackey.
wangus12
AG
The jury always comes across as incredibly petty to me during the final episode. A bunch of people upset they aren't in the final 3.
Quinn
AG
Damn, I wish Charlie had let Maria have it after that. At least Jeff pointed out that her vote for Kenzie had nothing to do with game play. I really like Kenzie and thought she was an okay player, but Charlie should have won.
G Martin 87
AG
The show needs to go back to a final 2 format. It's pointless to have a player like Ben be brought along as a goat until the final 4 and then miraculously win the final challenge. He wasn't going to get any votes at all.
rhutton125
AG
I disagree - I think final 2 is almost always Winner vs Goat. The odds of it being Charlie and Kenzie at that point are slim - it's probably Charlie Ben or Kenzie Ben. So 8-0 either way.
Logos Stick
Winners are most likely to be weak or complete duds these days instead of the best player(s). Kensie, Yam Yam, Gabler, Maryanne. Having a pleasant, likable personality - like Kensie - is not social game play. Overall game play is weak and the jury thought process is based on feels more than logic. The show is not nearly as good as it used to be imo. I think it reflects the culture in general.
rhutton125
AG
I thought Yam Yam was a strong winner! He navigated the smallest tribe of 3 through the entire post-merge, controlling votes, but was also cutthroat and took out his main competition (Carson) when he needed to.

Yam Yam and Dee were legit. Maryanne was a dark horse and it only comes together at the very end. Gabler was weak, and Erika had a horrific edit (so much of her gameplay wasn't shown - just bizarre).

I don't think we've had a Rob / Tony / Yul / Kim type champion in the new era, but I'd put Yam Yam, Dee and Kenzie up against Nick, Wendell or Adam for example from the 30s. I'd watch the hell out of that.
CheeseSndwch
I'm shocked Maria voted for Kenzie over Charlie, especially with Liz blatantly helping Kenzie to win the immunity challenge that ultimately sent Maria home. Did the jury bring this up? Did it end up on the cutting room floor?

I think Ben still would have voted for Kenzie, after having a complete meltdown, in the event of a tie but I guess we'll never know for sure.
Quinn
AG
Ben told an interviewer that he would have voted for Charlie.
Quinn
AG
Also, Maria pretty much said it was about Kenzie needing the money more than Charlie.
13 - 0
Kenzie won because she was the least loser of the misfits. Give them credit, they muddled their way to the final. She seems like a neat person, but I feel Charlie was the better player; Outwit, Outlast... His downfall was his strategy. He wanted to keep his options open and in doing so, he never really put himself out there and got any credit for any big moves. Also, his arrogance in thinking that he didn't need to make fire to help his resume.

Ben was a mess. Him winning the last Immunity totally screwed Charlie's game and put Kenzie over the top.

The last few episodes made me like Maria less and less. She made some bone headed moves; the rock, paper, scissors; the wrong side of the vote on Charlie. Although it was a compliment that it took to players to beat her in the challenge, I'm glade Kenzie and Liz did and took her out. She was pissed that she swung and missed on voting Charlie out and then he got her. She showed herself to be a vindictive Bit@@ by not voting for her "#1, Ride or Die" at the end. She wouldn't have made it as far as she did w/o out him. He looked pissed, hurt and betrayed at the after party.

Of course, the most pissed off players are Venise and Liz...... they still think that they were the best players and should have won the game. I was entertained by their vision of grandeur and lack of self awareness.
Eso si, Que es
Even though I said I wouldn't be mad at a Kenzie win, that fell flat for me. I lost a lot of respect for Maria with that vote, would be curious her thoughts now that she is away from the island if she regrets her vote.

If I recall correctly it was definitely Hunter and Soda and I think Liz who voted for Charlie.

Venise is definitely a "girl power" vote.

Tiff was no surprise.

Q is a wild card at best. He argued with Kenzie and then voted for her.

I figured Charlie won Tevin over with his answer to him about cracks in yellow team alliance at merge because it was brilliant gameplay he helped make to dismantle that team, it was true and it was relevant to the specific jury member who asked the question. Tevin did not reward him for the move or how well he articulated the move at final tribal. Why even ask the question?

Props to Charlie for saying you can't question the jury's vote, they vote the winner and they can't be wrong. It's real time and they get to decide what is most important to that season and cast. Difficult sentiment to articulate, especially in that moment.
The Porkchop Express
Charlie is the prohibitve favorite to win Survivor 50
Murder Hornet
AG
wangus12 said:

The jury always comes across as incredibly petty to me during the final episode. A bunch of people upset they aren't in the final 3.

The jury is the worst part of every season of survivor
The Porkchop Express
They should separate the jury from each other when they aren't at tribal council. Everyone gets a suite in a hotel with TV and Internet and streaming for days, and they all get 1-2 members of the crew to eat with / socialize a bit, but access to a gym or anything else you might
do in Fiji, but no talking to each other outside of that. Their only knowledge should be tribal council
after they get voted out.

The first member of the jury is voted out on Day 15, so that's 11 days relatively on your own in a resort. That seems doable.
rhutton125
AG
I agree. People can really sway each other, and it leads to some scenarios where (like S40, if I recall correctly) people aren't voting for the winner but rather who they want to finish 2nd (or force to finish third) because they know that everyone else in the room is voting for the other guy. In this case I think Michelle got some votes because they wanted the Day 1 Boot from the edge of extinction to finish 3rd.
sburg2007
The jury all but said, "sorry Charlie, you played great but we like her story better." That defeats the purpose for me. Oh well.
G Martin 87
AG
I hate the inevitable "Tell us what you would do with the money" jury question. My answer would be "That's none of your damn business. Survivor doesn't include "Outspend"."
The Porkchop Express
G Martin 87 said:

I hate the inevitable "Tell us what you would do with the money" jury question. My answer would be "That's none of your damn business. Survivor doesn't include "Outspend"."
I listened to most of the "On Fire" podcast for the finale yesterday and Kenzie was on along with Ben & Charlie. She said they talked about what they would do with the money repeatedly throughout the show with other people, so perhaps she and Q just hadn't had that conversation. He didn't vote for her anyways but it wasn't new info to most of them.
jamesf
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

G Martin 87 said:

I listened to most of the "On Fire" podcast for the finale yesterday and Kenzie was on along with Ben & Charlie. She said they talked about what they would do with the money repeatedly throughout the show with other people, so perhaps she and Q just hadn't had that conversation. He didn't vote for her anyways but it wasn't new info to most of them.
Q did vote for Kenzie.
The Porkchop Express
jamesf said:

The Porkchop Express said:

G Martin 87 said:

Q did vote for Kenzie.
My mistkae. Regardless. That wasn't the first time most of them had heard her story about the money.
MookieBlaylock
AG
sburg2007 said:

The jury all but said, "sorry Charlie, you played great but we like her story better." That defeats the purpose for me. Oh well.

Not oh well - they need to cast better players

Time for new producers as this new era is garbage
double aught
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Kenzie definitely has the nerdy dirty hot thing going for her.
She sure did. Venus was bringing it on the jury too.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.