Fallout TV Series (Amazon Prime)

44,936 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 23 hrs ago by bluefire579
Prosperdick
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I bought the Roks A&M ice cube set and it comes with a 6-pack ice tray with a pair of A&M logo's, state of Texas, and the Gig 'em thumbs up. I noticed all my Gig'em ice cubes went missing and caught my youngest son using them for his glasses of Coke. I asked him why and he said "Fall Out, it's great! You should watch the show."

And that was my weird introduction to this show and I just finished it yesterday and thought it was incredible. Fantastic world building. Loved Lucy and Boyd "the ghoul" Crowder and cracked up at Rappaport running from the mutated bear screaming "f***, f***, f***, f***!" Too bad he couldn't get to meet up with Boyd:
jeffk
AG
agracer said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Clinton-Gore's slogan was Make America Great Again as was Ronald Reagans
I had to look at the Wiki to confirm because, like about 90% of the people under the age of 50, had no idea Reagan and Clinton used the phrase. It's most commonly associated with Trump and drives the TDS crowd nuts.

It was a slap at Trump and associated 'evil' big corps and it was a rolls eyes moment.

So would you say that scene triggered something within you?
Rocagnante
AG
I didn't take it as a dig on Trump but instead just satire about corporations. Besides as someone mentioned earlier having a mustache twirling villain(s) fits with the style of the show.
agracer
AG
jeffk said:

agracer said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Clinton-Gore's slogan was Make America Great Again as was Ronald Reagans
I had to look at the Wiki to confirm because, like about 90% of the people under the age of 50, had no idea Reagan and Clinton used the phrase. It's most commonly associated with Trump and drives the TDS crowd nuts.

It was a slap at Trump and associated 'evil' big corps and it was a rolls eyes moment.

So would you say that scene triggered something within you?
LOL

Touch
PatAg
AG
Also considering the time period this world is essentialy set to mimic , thats exactly the sort of phrase/slogan people in power would use. We've got to make america great, gotta fight the commies.
Some form of "our country is great" has probably been used consistently throughout human history.
The Romans were walking around saying "fac Romam magnam"
Eliminatus
AG
I'm newish to this board. When is it appropriate to start talking next season stuff? Because my mind is spinning with the conclusion of S1
jeffk
AG
Anytime after the series wraps up is fine I think.
bluefire579
AG
Yeah, on ones like this where it comes out all at once, we usually do spoiler tags for a few weeks to let folks trickle in, then it's more gloves off.

The show has been out for a month, definitely feel like we're safe on that front.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.