Star Wars Discussion Thread

6,201,231 Views | 44678 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?

The Porkchop Express
An L of an Ag said:

Hate to admit this, but here goes: just started watching Rebels. 5 episodes in and really liking it, but ****, I wish I would have watched this BEFORE Ahsoka.
I get chills to the day Kanan lets everyone in on the secret in the premiere episode. You'll be very much the smartest guy in the room watching Mando and Ahsoka after you get through Rebels.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
fig96
AG
An L of an Ag said:

Hate to admit this, but here goes: just started watching Rebels. 5 episodes in and really liking it, but ****, I wish I would have watched this BEFORE Ahsoka.
I'm getting back to it after I finish The Bad Batch, I've seen about the first 1 1/2 seasons so I at least had a clue during Ahsoka.
The Porkchop Express
New footage and dialogue for the Acolyte

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
jokershady
AG
An L of an Ag said:

If you're already enjoying it then just wait cause MAN does it get even better!
The Porkchop Express
The OG turns 80 today!

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
Bespin Bulletin has a pretty strong theory about what's really going on in the Acolyte. Not posting the link as it's spoilery but if you want to look you can go to their main page

https://bespinbulletin.com/
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
If true, that instantly makes the plot much more interesting.
The Porkchop Express
Cool art from a new book showing Jango Fett fighting in The Mandalorian Civil War

This is Master Sol's lightsaber from the Acolyte

And a good look at the red saber we've seen in the last few spots.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
jokershady
AG
Nah ah! That's not how flame physics works!!! If he was flying while shooting a flame thrower those flames would be blowing in the opposite direction he was traveling!!!

That picture is fake and ghey!

*Star Trek fans that hate Star Wars*
Decay
AG
jokershady said:

Nah ah! That's not how flame physics works!!! If he was flying while shooting a flame thrower those flames would be blowing in the opposite direction he was traveling!!!

That picture is fake and ghey!

*Star Trek fans that hate Star Wars*

Joke's on you, true Star Wars fans hate Star Wars more than Star Trek fans
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
True facts. My brother is a casual SW fan at best, and is confused why I hate TROS so much.
double aught
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

True facts.
The only kind of facts.
jokershady
AG
ok you got me there
The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner said:

True facts. My brother is a casual SW fan at best, and is confused why I hate TROS so much.
so all this time I should have been trying to be friends with your brother.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
An L of an Ag
AG
jokershady said:

An L of an Ag said:

Just finished season 1, and DAMN, this is good!
GreasenUSA
AG
An L of an Ag said:

jokershady said:

An L of an Ag said:

Just finished season 1, and DAMN, this is good!
Rebels is definitely in the top tier of all SW over the last decade. I find it interesting that some of the biggest fans on this thread won't watch it.
YouBet
AG
For me, Rebels got really good with S2. S1 was ok, but then S2E5 (I think) is where it took off. That's where they invaded Genosha(?). That episode catapulted the series into must watch for me. There were still some later one-off episodes that sucked but it was pretty great overall.
fig96
AG
Glad to hear this cause I gotta be honest, there's some moments in s1 but it hasn't really grabbed me yet. Will stick with it based on what I've heard here.

That said, Bad Batch is some of my favorite Star Wars in a while (halfway through s3).
dave94
AG
Rebels definitely started off a bit shaky for me in season 1. But as it got further along the emotional beats were so damn good. Really great Star Wars storytelling there.

That's why I'm so excited to see where Ahsoka goes with those characters.
jokershady
AG
Not sure how much you know about what's coming in the later seasons of Rebels....so I'll just say....everything about it gets better.....the baddies....the rebels....all of it!
The Porkchop Express
IF you pause TPM at precisely the right frame when the Communication Disruption happens on Naboo, Shiv Palpatine suddenly becomes Chesty LaRue.

MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
maroon barchetta

The Porkchop Express
Jedi Prime?

The newest issue of SFX Magazine features a cover story on the upcoming arrival of The Acolyte. In an interview with Simon Emanuel, who has executive produced the upcoming show alongside Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, featured a brief blurb about the progress on one of the upcoming Star Wars movies, and he let a slip about what they are calling the movie among themselves:

Quote:

"James Mangold's Jedi Prime is set thousands of years before [the original trilogy], and I'm really excited to see what happens there."
t is surely not the final title of the film, given that the script is far from finished at this point. It's probably not even a working title, just a way they talk about the movie to each other. It's unlikely that an executive producer would simply drop the working title in a random interview, which is always double-checked. With that being said, even what's in a temporary name can be revealing for the plot. Sourcebooks for Star Wars: The Last Jedi note that a being known as the Prime Jedi was the first Jedi, with all indications being that he founded the temple on Ahch-To. The only representation of the Prime Jedi in the film itself can be seen during Luke and Rey's Jedi lessons on Ahch-To in the center of an alcove at the top of the island. It looks like this:
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
The Porkchop Express
This is the kind of update that gives you hope when you're approaching 48 hours without electricity following the biggest freak wind storm in your lifetime. A new commercial for the Acolyte featuring Vernestra Roh's legendary lightwhip and a live-action Wookiee jedi in action!

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2024/05/new-teaser-for-the-acolyte-shows-lightwhip-wookiee-jedi-in-action-and-mae-speaking.html
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
An L of an Ag
AG
I know it's not exactly canon, but KOTOR was around the same time.

Be kinda funny to see a Jedi chick named Bastilla in this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

IF you pause TPM at precisely the right frame when the Communication Disruption happens on Naboo, Shiv Palpatine suddenly becomes Chesty LaRue.

I see you've found the prequelmemes subreddit.

The Porkchop Express
Nope it was on io9- 27 cool things about tpm.
MY post breakdown:
33% Star Wars
33% Astros
33% Making myself laugh
redline248
AG
In my experience the entire internet is prequel memes, not just on reddit
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Makes more sense, this one is a couple years old now.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Really great thread…

YouBet
AG
Literally half my life ago. WTF.
maroon barchetta
YouBet said:

Literally half my life ago. WTF.

Haha you're old!
First Page Last Page
Page 1270 of 1277

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.