Why are so many white dudes incapable of driving the speed limit?

8,884 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
Ags4DaWin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
thumbsup73
AG
Majority of the time when I see a speeding weaving in and out of traffic car I'm wondering who the hell is in that big of a hurry and risking innocent people's lives?? The answer-young females of all races but mostly white!!
TAMUallen
AG
Back to speeding.

Get out of my way nerd. Stay out of the left lane. I'm not going to be swerving in and out of traffic but be a decent driver when you see somebody driving faster than you and yield to them. Not a tough concept and has nothing to do with dick or breast size
fc2112
Passing in the left lane on I-20 this morning, ran into a slow poke in the left lane.

Truck comes up behind me and flashes lights at me to go faster. I can't, of course, so I switch lanes and let him get ahead. Now he's stuck behind the slow car.

I switch back in the left lane and flash my lights at him to go faster. The irony appeared to be lost on him as he flipped me off and brake checked me.

Good times.
DisAg
fc2112 said:

Passing in the left lane on I-20 this morning, ran into a slow poke in the left lane.

Truck comes up behind me and flashes lights at me to go faster. I can't, of course, so I switch lanes and let him get ahead. Now he's stuck behind the slow car.

I switch back in the left lane and flash my lights at him to go faster. The irony appeared to be lost on him as he flipped me off and brake checked me.

Good times.

I mean this is funny. People need to lighten up lol
IIIHorn

The "18 wheelers" seem to relatively conscientious about driving in the left lane in my opinion.

One time as I was about to pass (traveling at 90 mph), the last one of a long line of them pulled into the left lane and maintained the speed limit in front of me for a few minutes.

About the time I was running out of patience, we passed a highway patrol on the side of the road. He then moved back into the right lane, blinked his lights and let me by.

agracer
AG
mccjames said:

Wow that is so funny I drove through Atlanta with my mom in the 80's as a young driver and was scared to death! I was going 85 through downtown and getting passed like I was tied to a post!
I drove my son down to FL for a internship and we drove to ATL.This was on a weekend in May of 2020, so height of covid insanity. I flew home so he had his car for the summer. It wasn't crazy bad, but when he drove home by himself at the end of the summer on a Friday he said the same thing. "Those people are CRAZY!!".
jickyjack1
Why are so many white dudes incapable of driving the speed limit? Duh. They're trying to be first to pick up some more privilege.
AggieArchitect04
AG
OP, sounds like driving just isn't for you.

I recommend the bus.
Teslag
AG
I have a 3/4 ton truck and a Tesla. I drive the truck usually right at the speed limit so that doesn't jive with the OP. Tesla I will just absolutely wear it out and tailgate the **** out of people until they move. If I get a clear space I'm doing 100mph minimum and often touching 120. There's a large open space between Aledo amd Fort Worth where I can sometimes hit 140 on slow traffic days.
maroon barchetta
Ok
Ogre09
AG
Because we have places to be. Move aside, peasants.
IIIHorn
Teslag said:

I have a 3/4 ton truck and a Tesla. I drive the truck usually right at the speed limit so that doesn't jive with the OP. Tesla I will just absolutely wear it out and tailgate the **** out of people until they move. If I get a clear space I'm doing 100mph minimum and often touching 120. There's a large open space between Aledo amd Fort Worth where I can sometimes hit 140 on slow traffic days.

Restate those velocities in furlongs per fortnight

Ogre09
AG
270k-370k fpf
IIIHorn

ty

Now …

Light years per nanosecond

Teslag
AG
Seems relevant regarding random measurements here

evestor1
DisAg said:

OP definitely does not live in Houston

1.) Speed limit is the flow of traffic, which when not in a traffic jam is 20 over minimum

2.) Speeding in Houston is genderless and colorblind. I've been doing 80 on 290 and been passed up by a woman in a minivan doing at least 90+ countless times.
The OP definitely does not live in houston b/c he asked about white people.
IIIHorn

Ha!

GigEmTx
Since this discussion with that thread title just keeps lingering on, I'll add that the OP or anyone else trying to attribute speeding to skin color just might be a racist.
IIIHorn
Ogre09
AG
~0

AtticusMatlock
Bruce Almighty said:

Nothing pisses me off more than some Jack ass semi driver driving 71 passing a line of semis going 70.

What pisses me off more is the inevitable jacked up Silverado tailgating the guy behind said semi as if somehow it will make the semi speed up.
fc2112
IIIHorn said:

Teslag said:

They are technically speeds. Velocities are first order tensors which require a direction and magnitude to be fully characterized.
IIIHorn
fc2112 said:

IIIHorn said:

Teslag said:

They are technically speeds. Velocities are first order tensors which require a direction and magnitude to be fully characterized.

The units are expressed in terms of change in position & time

If you feel the need to provide the direction do so.

For you, I suggest bipolar coordinates.
Ogre09
AG
There's an implied forward direction.
fc2112
Look, if you don't understand tensor mechanics, just admit it. Most people don't, hence the reason so many equate speed with velocity.

IIIHorn

Anyone can copy and paste.

BonfireNerd04
I don't understand why some people will spend $60k or more on a pickup truck, when they can just be direct and get "male enhancement" surgery for a fraction of the price.
AggieArchitect04
AG
BonfireNerd04 said:

I don't understand why some people will spend $60k or more on a pickup truck, when they can just be direct and get "male enhancement" surgery for a fraction of the price.
"If you can afford nice things you must have a small *****!!!!!"
Beerosch
AG
I don't want to read through 3 pages, but has the thread come to the conclusion that the OP has low T and clogs up the left lane unnecessarily?
B-1 83
AG
1. I will hang out in the left lane……….at night…….in the boonies……with no other traffic. It gives me an extra second to avoid critters coming out of the right hand ditch.
2. If I'm doing 85 plus in the left lane while passing , I'm not going to push it to 95 just because you want to go that fast. You can wait that extra 15 seconds for me to safely clear the cars on the right I'm passing.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
fixer
I have never been tailgated by a sports car of any kind in 34 years of driving daily in many cities and rural areas.

A few mini vans, crossovers, sport bikes, sedans, etc. but most of the time it is someone with a $800+/mnth truck payment.

And it is almost always when I'm already doing at least 10 over the limit passing someone else. Like moths to a flame, the minute you signal to pass they haul ass right up to your car.

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

In my experience the chronic tailgaters are driving jacked-up trucks and driven by men with small peens.

How are you getting a look at all these peens every day?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Beerosch said:

I don't want to read through 3 pages, but has the thread come to the conclusion that the OP has low T and clogs up the left lane unnecessarily?

Yes. OP has been confirmed as a eunuch.

Speaking of OP…the only drivers that catch my attention, because I see them multiple times every day, are the entry series benz or altima purchased through enterprise used car sales with paper tags going 65 in the left lane while watching TikTok videos on their phone and flipping off anyone and everyone who dares to pass them on the right.
DisAg
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

AtticusMatlock said:

In my experience the chronic tailgaters are driving jacked-up trucks and driven by men with small peens.

How are you getting a look at all these peens every day?
He is a doctor, or he slept at a Holiday Inn.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.