Why are so many white dudes incapable of driving the speed limit?

8,716 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 24 days ago by Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AtticusMatlock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In my experience the chronic tailgaters are driving jacked-up trucks and driven by men with small peens.
AtticusMatlock
gabehcoud said:

Get out of the left lane.
Are you the kind of guy who comes up fast from behind and drives six inches behind a car as if somehow your buttriding machismo BS is going to make the 18-wheeler in front of the other car go faster?
ac04
nothing more masculine than driving a crappy car slowly in the left lane and being fixated on other guys' peen size
AtticusMatlock
The quiet confidence of not having to show the world how big and bad I am with my big truck that I financed over 9 years so I can drive aggressively to rid myself of the nonstop anger at God for giving me a small peen.
LukeDuke
AG
AtticusMatlock said:

In my experience the chronic tailgaters are driving jacked-up trucks and driven by men with small peens.
In your expereince??

I don't care to know the details, but it's amazing to consider how you:

A - get them to pull over
B - make them erect
C - and measure.

You are either one hell of a beautiful woman...or the tr@nny from the hot / crazy matrix!
IIIHorn

Nothing says "high performance" like a pickup with loud mufflers.

Buck Turgidson
Andrew Dufresne said:

gabehcoud said:

^^^ drives 57 in a 45 and then hard brakes at every stop light.

Wait, isn't that how we're supposed to drive? Everybody in Houston does.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I saw I guy at Walmart tonight with a front plate that said "OMG MOVE" and immediately thought of this thread.
MemphisAg1
AG
Andrew Dufresne said:

If I'm driving at the posted speed limit or maybe a slight touch over and I still have someone aggressively following me it's a white guy, aged 25-55, 90% of the time. They are usually in a truck not hauling anything.

BTW: I'm a 35 year old conservative white guy.
Lol, I've got kids your age. Get out of the way son! You're holding up traffic!
DisAg
IIIHorn said:

Trucks can be tuned you know.

https://www.blackbearperformance.com/

I drive a Corolla Hybrid now, by the way, but during my midlife pre-COVID crisis, I drove a midnight edition Chevy Silverado tuned by them, which had the 6.2L engine in it. It was the most fun vehicle I have ever owned.

mccjames
AG
Color doesn't matter, WAY more idiots get drivers license now days due to no drivers education.

Tailgating when 2 other lanes are open, speeding up to block you from entry highway in front of them to only exit immediately, cutting in and out of heavy traffic and 20 mins later making it 200 yds farther ahead than if they just would have waited in there lane etc…….
Easy come, Easy go
AtticusMatlock
It's scientific.

SockDePot
mccjames said:

Color doesn't matter, WAY more idiots get drivers license now days due to no drivers education.

Tailgating when 2 other lanes are open, speeding up to block you from entry highway in front of them to only exit immediately, cutting in and out of heavy traffic and 20 mins later making it 200 yds farther ahead than if they just would have waited in there lane etc …….

Irony
Lake08
If you're driving UNDER the speed limit regardless of its a hwy or residential street, I am riding your arse.
Petrino1
In Houston, the cars I always see tailgating others, weaving in and out of traffic, driving way above the speed limit, running red lights, and just driving recklessly in general, are almost always younger black males. Strangely enough, these are typically the same guys driving without any kind of car insurance. Not being racist, just something I observe driving in Houston everyday.

Ive gotten/paid enough traffic tickets in my life that I just drive the speed limit now. I prefer to keep my interactions with cops, lawyers, judges, courtrooms etc to an absolute minimum!
toucan82
The most annoying driver is the coward who goes whatever speed the fastest driver is going
IIIHorn
DisAg said:

IIIHorn said:

I drive a Corolla Hybrid now, by the way, but during my midlife pre-COVID crisis, I drove a midnight edition Chevy Silverado tuned by them, which had the 6.2L engine in it. It was the most fun vehicle I have ever owned.

Autotune

The Dog Lord
AG
Philo B 93 said:

How do you guys feel about blinkers? I think they're a good thing.

Agreed. Fun fact though: if you've already slowed down significantly and only turn the blinker on right before you actually make the turn, it's not that helpful. Blows my mind when I see people actually remember to use it but when it's basically pointless.
gabehcoud
AtticusMatlock said:

gabehcoud said:

Are you the kind of guy who comes up fast from behind and drives six inches behind a car as if somehow your buttriding machismo BS is going to make the 18-wheeler in front of the other car go faster?
Nah, my T ain't what it used to be.
IIIHorn
IIIHorn said:

DisAg said:

IIIHorn said:

It was the most fun vehicle I have ever owned.

Autotune

Arguably, one of the important reasons to do so.

Good on you, Sir.

agracer
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Andrew Dufresne said:

If I'm driving at the posted speed limit or maybe a slight touch over and I still have someone aggressively following me it's a white guy, aged 25-55, 90% of the time. They are usually in a truck not hauling anything.

Boss Hogging runs rampant in the DNA.

Lived in Texas all my life and I've never understood the phenomenon. It might be because the pickup truck and the people driving it are " higher" than people driving cars. I mean literally the truck is higher off the ground it's a different view from driving a car. the pickup truck drivers get a big head because their vehicle is much bigger and stronger than most and they drive like they're invincible / superior / unkillable.

Or nearly everyone who owns a pick up truck lives in the country and they have really long commutes to the suburbs/ city so by the time they get here they don't have anymore patience and just want to get to their destination?

Every time we drive to Texas we know with seeing any signs we've crossed the state line bc the idiot to normal driver ratio goes up by 10x. I even have friends who've visited Texas for work and say the first time they go "holy cow those drivers are idiots ".

But the city of Atlanta takes the cake though. Driving 15 over will get you run over.
Carlo4
AG
My freshman year, a good friend from Taiwan drove us to dinner on Northgate. He proceeded to change lanes without signaling, slowed down to get in a turn lane, and cut people off. This prompted some nice horn use from the car behind us.

His immediate response to us was "I don't know why they are honking. I'm Asian. They expect me to do this".
maroon barchetta
Carlo4 said:

My freshman year, a good friend from Taiwan drove us to dinner on Northgate. He proceeded to change lanes without signaling, slowed down to get in a turn lane, and cut people off. This prompted some nice horn use from the car behind us.

His immediate response to us was "I don't know why they are honking. I'm Asian. They expect me to do this".

"Good luck everybody else!!!"
MouthBQ98
AG
…,and why do they all drive lifted 3/4 ton trucks?

Got cut off and nearly hit twice on Saturday and both were 3/4 ton lifted chevy trucks driving way too fast for conditions/traffic.
mccjames
AG
Wow that is so funny I drove through Atlanta with my mom in the 80's as a young driver and was scared to death! I was going 85 through downtown and getting passed like I was tied to a post!
Easy come, Easy go
DannyDuberstein
AG
toucan82 said:

The most annoying driver is the coward who goes whatever speed the fastest driver is going

Smartest driver using human radar
DisAg
How the hell did you go 85 in Atlanta, I can barely get above 40 mph because of traffic. Some of my family lives in the area.

Seriously F Atlanta, and roads that don't go north/south, east/west
Grapesoda2525
agracer said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Andrew Dufresne said:

Boss Hogging runs rampant in the DNA.

Lived in Texas all my life and I've never understood the phenomenon. It might be because the pickup truck and the people driving it are " higher" than people driving cars. I mean literally the truck is higher off the ground it's a different view from driving a car. the pickup truck drivers get a big head because their vehicle is much bigger and stronger than most and they drive like they're invincible / superior / unkillable.

Or nearly everyone who owns a pick up truck lives in the country and they have really long commutes to the suburbs/ city so by the time they get here they don't have anymore patience and just want to get to their destination?

Every time we drive to Texas we know with seeing any signs we've crossed the state line bc the idiot to normal driver ratio goes up by 10x. I even have friends who've visited Texas for work and say the first time they go "holy cow those drivers are idiots ".

But the city of Atlanta takes the cake though. Driving 15 over will get you run over.
I've always heard Florida is worse than Texas. Texas is #2 for worst drivers. Except Florida has the opposite problem of everyone going way too slow
Anton Chigurhs Hair
AG
Most people that drive aggressively are male. About 70% of males in the U.S. are white. HTH.
Hehateme1
Doug Doug, the rattling Doug
The doug down in the valley-O

Sorry, **** don't sing
Azeew
Andrew Dufresne said:

Just move over to the right lane (or the shoulder on a 2 lane road).
OasisMan
AG
was just going down the highway
4 lanes
person in the left going ~69 in a 70

everyone forced to move to the 2nd right lane to pass em

instantly made me think of grandma-OP and this thread
Bruce Almighty
AG
Nothing pisses me off more than some Jack ass semi driver driving 71 passing a line of semis going 70.
superunknown
AG
if you really wanna rage out imagine that the two drivers are basically holding hands and acting like they're on a leisurely jaunt through the park
DannyDuberstein
AG
Semis should mostly be banned from using the left lane

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.